• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Crash |OT| Impressions At The End

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
422Fo.jpg

sptqP.jpg

5mepu.jpg

ZGZBo.jpg

HnyYj.jpg

Seda

Here's the PR........

GUILDFORD, England--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Brace for impact! Criterion Games, an Electronics Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) studio, today announced that Burnout™ CRASH! will release on Xbox LIVE® Arcade and PlayStation®Network worldwide on September 20, 2011. Burnout Crash! reinvents the studio’s fan-favorite crash mode, offering accessibility and compulsive fun for those new to the series and gameplay depth for franchise veterans. Players are rewarded for causing traffic chaos as they trigger explosions and destroy everything in sight. The game will be available as a download title for $9.99 USD or 800 Microsoft Points.

Burnout CRASH! is inspired by the ease and excitement of pinball arcades, TV game shows and 80s pop music. Featuring EA’s revolutionary Autolog technology, players connect, compare scores and face off against friends for endless competitive gameplay and challenging fun. In addition, the all-new Autolog Challenges feature lets players up the ante by sending direct head-to-head challenges to their friends.

With three exciting game modes, 18 crash junctions, and a variety of unlockables combined with nostalgic throwbacks to the original Crash Mode, Burnout CRASH! packs an explosive mix of content into one downloadable package. With a game mode designed exclusively for Kinect™, 2 to 14 players can compete on one television in an all-out party battle!

For more information on Burnout CRASH!, please visit www.criteriongames.com.

About Electronic Arts

Looks like arse. Just remake Burnout 3 and I'll hand over my cash so fast it'll burn your palm to a crisp.

Edit - I just remembered the crash mode in Paradise. What an abomination that was.

Criterion in 2 months time:

"Due to the poor sales of Burnout Crash it is clear that the fans are no longer interested in the Burnout license. The series has been put on indefinite hold for the foreseeable future."

Darklord

Banned
It's not normal burnout but for what it is, it looks fun. Lets not get our panties in a knot because a $10 XBLA game isn't classic burnout.

Rodney McKay said:
Criterion in 2 months time:

"Due to the poor sales of Burnout Crash it is clear that the fans are no longer interested in the Burnout license. The series has been put on indefinite hold for the foreseeable future."

Scary. But possible.

No thanks. I might try the demo but just looking at it doesn't interest me one bit. I'm just here to wonder how they could go from Crash Mode in Burnout to the shit that was "Crash Mode" in Paradise to this.

It's like they're mocking the people that enjoyed the Crash Mode.

Will try the demo because it's Burnout and Criterion. But eh... Hum, no. Not giving 800 for 18 crash junctions. Even if the game is good.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I try pretty much every demo so I'll try this, but this looks horrible. Let me say that I saw the reactions in here and was like "Oh Gaf" but after the Quick Look I was like :|

Looks pretty poor. Misses the entire fun of Crash mode.

LQX

The look kind of reminds me of Zombie Driver on Steam which is great. And I kind of dig these miniature look games so will reserve judgment.

Kujo

$5 more gets you the full Burnout 3...

Dear EA, I would pay good monies for a HD Burnout compilation with all the best tracks. I will pay no monies for this mini game.

Mengetsu

Mojo said:

Dear EA, I would pay good monies for a HD Burnout compilation with all the best tracks. I will pay no monies for this mini game.

This x1000!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mojo said:

So basically another HD Collection :/

Mifune said:
In this thread, graphics are the only thing that matters.

Of course. After the glorious Burnout 2/3 crash modes did you really think people would settle for a top-down view and cartoony graphics? What's funny about crashing things you'll barely see destroyed due to the view and style of graphics? What about actually driving your car into the puzzles, in a 3D view? That's what people liked. You grabbed you car, drove for 200 meters, and -bam- you smashed it into a bus with the destruction right before your eyes. Here you get to drive a toy car for 10 meters then smash it at the intersection. Enjoy your view 50 meters from the ground.

It's not only that, the gameplay trailer made the game look anything but fun.

It's a game that's clearly not meant for long time Burnout players. There's nothing wrong with that. They should have just said what the game was about when they announced. They announced Burnout Crash, people rejoiced for 6 months. Then... This. Of course none of us were happy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It will sell more than Shadows of the Damned. Problem GAF?

I always thought this style of game would have been perfect for a DS version of burnout.

You could keep the crashes but it would have simple enough graphics for the handheld to handle.

Top Bottom