• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
SUPER Positive feedback for Soka.

Bought multiple games and handheld consoles from him - everything was in incredible condition, and packed professionally. Gave me a great deal, and even threw in batteries.

This is the second time I've bought from him, and I would absolutely buy from him again. (especially if he has a virtual boy for sale!)

Thoraxes

WTB

PS Vita, /w included cables and charger: $150

For included memory cards i'll pay (because i'm assuming if you're selling a system you've owned, you probably also own a memory card):

4GB: $10
8GB: $20
16GB: $33
Not interested in a 32GB stick due to price.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
Positive feedback for aktham!!!

Was willing to strike a deal on his Rayman Origins and shipped the game very fast. Excellent seller!

WTS Iphone 4 16gb black. Not a scratch on it. The top button stopped working two weeks ago. It just went out of warranty and Apple wants $150 to fix it. It's supposedly an easy fix but I don't really feel like attempting it. It was used on At&t. Asking $200. Possibly open to a Vita trade.

Aselith

WTB

PS Vita, /w included cables and charger: $150

For included memory cards i'll pay (because i'm assuming if you're selling a system you've owned, you probably also own a memory card):

4GB: $10
8GB: $20
16GB: $33
Not interested in a 32GB stick due to price.

You might check with Flunkie. I offered him 150 but he'd get a bit more from you with the memory so you'd be highest bidder (that I know of!)

SUPER Positive feedback for Soka.

Bought multiple games and handheld consoles from him - everything was in incredible condition, and packed professionally. Gave me a great deal, and even threw in batteries.

This is the second time I've bought from him, and I would absolutely buy from him again. (especially if he has a virtual boy for sale!)

Positive feedback for Dacvak who is an awesome buyer. Nice guy on top of that. Would sell to again!

RedAssedApe

Banned
FS: $10 iTunes gift card for $8. Paypal *gift* or Amazon Payments. List hasn't been updated with my feedback but I have a few recent ones if you look in the thread.

TP

Selling:

Xenoblade Chronicles w/ artbook - Like New
No CN code - $55 shipped

nIFYQl.jpg

Paypal only, U.S only

Flek

Banned
Anyone Intrested in a like New Xbox 360 MUSHIMEAMA FUTANARI j-Import?

I would ship worldwide but Iam based in europe - lets say 60 USD

mdsfx

Anyone Intrested in a like New Xbox 360 MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI j-Import?

I would ship worldwide but Iam based in europe - lets say 60 USD

Fixed (sorry, love that game). don't forget to mention that it's region-free! Also, is this the platinum hits version (grey box) or non-platinum?

bubnbob

Banned
Since E3 was a total dud, and with nothing to buy on the horizon, I decided to buy a 3DS in the next few weeks.

Anyone have some hot deals on these?

Zelda OOT
Resident Evil Revelations
Tales of the Abyss
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus
Ghost Recon

PM me please.

kennah

Located in Winnipeg, Canada. Most are the bilingual versions, but I'll post which aren't. Prices Shipped in Canada. Will have to check on how much it would be to a particular state but will probably include shipping to the US as well. Prices Negotiable.

DS
Bangai-O Spirits (can) $10
Space Invaders Extreme (Can) $10
Final Fantasy III (US) $10 box damaged.
Mario Kart (Can) - $10

Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics (Cart Only) - $8
Final Fantasy IV (Cart Only) - $8

Crackdown (Can) - $5
Forza 2 (Can) - $3
PGR3 (US) - $shipping
GTA4 (Can) - $5 <-- box not in great condition, game fine
Dead Rising Platinum (US) - $3
Army of Two 1 (Can) - $3 <-- box not in great condition, game fine
Earth Defense Force 2017 (US) - 8$ <-- box in poor condition, game fine

Xbox
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic (US) - $5 - missing manual
Gunvalkyrie (US) $5
Tony Hawk 2X (US) - $5
Burnout 3 (US) - $4 - box damaged
NHL2k6 - $shipping

GameCube
Skies of Arcadia (US) - $30 obo

Wii
ExciteBots (US) - $5

PSP
Locoroco 2 (US) - $5
Castlevania Drac X Chronicles (US)- $5
FFVII Crisis Core (US) - $6

Misc
ATI Radeon 4850 512MB Video Card - $Pending
World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Collector's Edition - $60 obo (No activation Key)
World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition - $60 obo (No activation Key)
16" Subaru Outback Aluminum rims 2002 - $300 local pick up.

Will update as spring cleaning happens and add a picture soon.

sca2511

I know this has been brought up before, but I can't find the post. Who is usually responsible for Paypal fees? If a seller puts up an item for $10, would the buyer have to know to pay $10.61 to cover fees or is the fee already considered in the $10 price?

I know this has been brought up before, but I can't find the post. Who is usually responsible for Paypal fees? If a seller puts up an item for $10, would the buyer have to know to pay $10.61 to cover fees or is the fee already considered in the $10 price?

Up to the buyer. But, he should put the info in the listing. If a seller is trying to get you to pay fees and you don't want to, just walk away. I just wouldn't be sending gifts through paypal unless the gaffer is gold status since you'll have no protection.

Aselith

Depends on the seller decide what you want to do and then you might add that to your post. Paypal gift to avoid the fee seems to be normal here.

iNvid02

Depends on the seller decide what you want to do and then you might add that to your post. Paypal gift to avoid the fee seems to be normal here.

yeah i would be ok with sending a paypal gift to bypass fees for most of gaf, unless it was something super expensive and the member was a junior

Aselith

yeah i would be ok with sending a paypal gift to bypass fees for most of gaf, unless it was something super expensive and the member was a junior

My rule is gift up to $50 and then I'll do regular paypal and pay the fees myself to be safe after that when I'm buying. As a seller, I mention gift first and then offer the option for regular at the buyer's expense.

Dave Long

Banned
I think the best option is to get out of the gift mentality. Include your comfort zone on Paypal fees in the price you're asking and include shipping too. Frankly, I skip every post that doesn't have a price listed on the goods and I buy far more from people who offer discounts with multiple items. I suspect that's how a lot of folks roll on here.

Ryuukan

I think the best option is to get out of the gift mentality. Include your comfort zone on Paypal fees in the price you're asking and include shipping too. Frankly, I skip every post that doesn't have a price listed on the goods and I buy far more from people who offer discounts with multiple items. I suspect that's how a lot of folks roll on here.

See bolded. No price listed basically means you want ebay value without fees.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness

This.

I'm kind of tired of sellers that don't factor in fees into their final sale price. It really isn't that hard to do. It's just lazy and needlessly complicates what should be a simple transaction.

When did it become the norm for buyers to take the hit on all fees anyway? Aren't both parties using Paypal's services?

Aselith

See bolded. No price listed basically means you want ebay value without fees.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about but I agree.

This.

I'm kind of tired of sellers that don't factor in fees into their final sale price. It really isn't that hard to do. It's just lazy and needlessly complicates what should be a simple transaction.

When did it become the norm for buyers to take the hit on all fees anyway? Aren't both parties using Paypal's services?

Most people do paypal gift in my experience so lots of sellers assume you'll be doing gift because that's how they sell and buy. If you don't want to pay that way then add the fee. No reason to make everyone pay more because some don't gift.

It's safer to not gift but transactions are small and fraud hasn't been a big issue here so most don't mind.

Dave Long

Banned
I guess I just think it's easier to pick the price you are comfortable with after fees and shipping and post that with your item. People can easily decide if they're interested or not and you can more easily barter if necessary.

Aselith

I guess I just think it's easier to pick the price you are comfortable with after fees and shipping and post that with your item. People can easily decide if they're interested or not and you can more easily barter if necessary.

Most people assume it will be gifted so they are calculating it with fees. The way you are doing the transaction adds fees.

Dave Long

Banned
Uh... I don't think most people assuming gifting. I've only had one person that even requested that in nearly ten transactions now (and more before they were tracked).

Aselith

Uh... I don't think most people assuming gifting. I've only had one person that even requested that in nearly ten transactions now (and more before they were tracked).

So you're saying that people give you a price and then tell you to send it paypal "and add paypal fees?" Yeah, I'd be pissed too. Never had that happen but that's messed up.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
WTB:

3DS in good condition (no screen scratches, etc).

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Also positive feedback for Balb, yay my first gaf transaction complete.

Amagon

WTS:

Like New Sony XB700 - $75 shipped!
Paypal preferred, I only took one pic from my android phone but the quality of the picture is ass. Just got it a few weeks back and decided I don't want them anymore. No scratches/dents, sounds great, even more with a amp.

bjMjWl.jpg

DGsFFl.jpg

asdad123

I am Selling a Gaming PC Which I bought from KMD a couple months ago. Hoping for a Local Pickup in North Jersey.

Specs are:
Cpu - i5 2500k (Can be over clocked to 4.3Ghz. Cooled by 212+ Evo)
Gpu - evga super clocked 560 ti
Ram - 8gb corsair vengeance
Psu - xfx tx550w
Ssd - 64gb crucial m4
Hdd - 2 tb Samsung
Mobo - p8z68 pro asus full size
OS - Win 7 Premium 64 bit, CD-Key Included
Case - haf 912 (Case is a little beat up from shipping)
Wireless-N USB adapter

I am looking for $650 (I paid 650+shipping , so I am not trying to rip anyone off. Just trying to break even.)

I can also include a Samsung S27A350H LED Monitor for $250. PM With any questions.

photo3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom