• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Positive feedback for:

RobotHaus
AwRy108
JayEH
Lemstar

All of whom bought games from me with great communication and fast payment.

Positive feedback for Sir Garbageman. Very speedy delivery, plus I completely forgot I bought something from him, so I came home to a present! Plus, everything was in great shape, so even better!

NMFried

I've got a copy of Wolfenstein for PS4 and I'm looking to trade it for a copy of Watch Dogs for PS4. I figure we'll each pay our own shipping and we'll just sort of swap.

I'm located in the US so if anyone is interested let me know, we can totally make this work. Thanks!

maxcriden

Thank you for giving this community a heads up. Yuripaw was very active in the BST threads and it's very strange to see how things went down. Hope everyone involved gets their money/items back.

Bii on the other hand is the man. So there's shining pillars of the community like him and SmokeMaxX to keep in mind when we're feeling a bit down at this news.

WTS a ton of stuff. All prices include shipping unless you are interested in a bundle of items under $10 otherwise I will have to tack on $4 on top of it. Would prefer to ship in bulk but will ship off items piece meal as well. All games are in like new condition unless otherwise noted:

3DS-1.jpg

3DS-3.jpg

3DS-2.jpg

3DS XL black with a lot of digital content, e-shop credit, and accessories. Used only about 15-20 hours total after replacing my old 3DS.
Games:
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Pokemon Y
Pushmo
Crashmo
Gunman Clive
Crimson Shroud
Liberation Maiden
Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX
Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition
Black Hori case and 32 gig Samsung memory card
$57.30 worth of E-Shop credit (note happy to buy anything prior to shipping)
Price: $280

360-1.jpg

Xbox 360 Games
Spider-Man Web of Shadows (bought used, slight sticker residue on box) $15
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (bought used, ex-Blockbuster game, residue on box and sticker on disc) $15
Nier (no manual) $15
MGS Collection $15
Halo Anniversary (no manual) $10
FFXIII $5
Devil May Cry Collection $10
Ninja Gaiden Black (not pictured) $10

DS Games
FF IV (no manual & not pictured) $15

120 gig PS3 and PS3 Games

PS3-1.jpg

PS3-2.jpg

120 gig PS3 with digital games and 2 controllers (does not include original packaging):
The Last Of Us
Infamous 1
Flower
MGS1 and MGS VR Missions
God of War Ghosts of Sparta
God of War Chains of Olympus
Price $180

God of War Collection (PSP games voucher was used) $25
MGS Collection (MGS1 / MGS VR missions voucher used) $35
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $10
Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time $10
Uncharted Dual Pack (exterior box has some wear and tear) $15

If you are interested I'd be happy to provide more pictures. Shipping to the US only.

Thanks!

SmokeMaxX

Bii on the other hand is the man. So there's shining pillars of the community like him and SmokeMaxX to keep in mind when we're feeling a bit down at this news.
Haha you're too kind. I'm just your average trader. I will say that out of everywhere that I buy and sell stuff, this is my favorite place to do transactions. Minus a few bad apples, I feel pretty safe trading here. It's a testament to how good this community is that we are as shocked as we are when something bad happens.

andymcc

Banned
repost, with reduced prices:

Reposted:

Here's some stuff I'm selling:

Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver Special Edition (Sealed, Brand new)- $70 shipped (it's a little bigger)
Earthbound (it's an extra copy of mine. battery works. excellent shape. cart only)- $110 shipped

Jomjom

Banned
More like ~$70 in Amazon.com/Nintendo eShop money. Must've been worth it to him. Definitely not worth it to me.

I think I'm the only one involved. Unfortunately I won't be getting my items back because they were digital codes that were already redeemed. It's unfortunate because he messaged me first to do the trade (and scam) even though under his main account, I regularly helped him get PSN codes for no upcharge when he needed them.

This makes it even more messed up. I think I've done business with Yuripaw too.

maxcriden

Haha you're too kind. I'm just your average trader. I will say that out of everywhere that I buy and sell stuff, this is my favorite place to do transactions. Minus a few bad apples, I feel pretty safe trading here. It's a testament to how good this community is that we are as shocked as we are when something bad happens.

No sweat, bro! I totally agree and that's why this is my preferred online home for B/S/T and just for the community in general.

TheTurboFD

WTS

Playstation Plus 1 year - $40
Xbox Live 1 year - $50
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection - $40 shipped
WatchDogs PS4 - $50 shipped Brand new never opened
Mario Kart 8 - $50 shipped Brand new never opened
Infamous Second Son - Sold

I take amazon payments and google wallet. I ship same day as payment as long as it's before 5pm EST.

Positive seller feedback for both Pau and digita1alchemy. Sold me a couple games each and both arrived quickly and as expected. Would do business with again in future!

On this topic I've always had great experiences buying, selling, and trading on Gaf.

M3z_

PC Parts US48 & Paypal only

Seagate 240 GB SSD $80

Kingston 120GB SSD $50

3Ypc4lHl.jpg

x3 R9 290 Asus DirectCU II $310 *No mining & Original Box*

ePiJJv9l.jpg

BY9nxC3l.jpg

Want to Buy or Trade for:

Pokemon Black Ver. 2 for $15-20 shipped.
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning $15-20 shipped

PRICE DROPS!
WTS:

Games

Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (PS3): $40 shipped, played once so in great condition
SMT IV Artbook/Box/CD (GAME not included): $20 shipped

TV

Justified Seasons 1-4 (4 is Blu-ray): $60 shipped
Game of Thrones Season 2 Blu-ray: $30 shipped
Girls Season 1: $15 shipped
Veep Season 1: $15 shipped

Fitness:

FoEnqJi.jpg

Motorola MotoACTV Fitness Watch 8GB - $50 shipped
- Includes watchband, armband, USB cable/wall charger, and possibly screen protectors if I can find them.
OR Trade for a Fitbit Flex

PM if interested, GAF Gold, buy with confidence! Paypal preferred!

Camjo-Z

I'll repost one more time with slightly lowered prices! Hooray! (All prices are shipped in US)

Rabbids Go Home: $7
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (DS): $9
Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Airu Village: $14
Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3): $13
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (PS3): $18
Chosoju Mecha MG: $23

God of War Ascension CE: $35 - Comes with every physical item originally included (box, game, steelbook case, and Kratos statue). All DLC codes have already been used though.

Josephl64

I have quite a ton to sell since I have to clear all of this out soon.

Please PM all offers ~

10409496_10204050700098035_6777942911786523305_n.jpg

10341527_10204050700938056_1847208962775490973_n.jpg

10441010_10204050701258064_5153512020175184555_n.jpg

10388144_10204050702538096_7056826214607171817_n.jpg

10304637_10204050702658099_8008094605819389797_n.jpg

10340179_10204050702818103_642889085813131084_n.jpg

10441010_10204050703538121_1763676905061688569_n.jpg

10417629_10204050703738126_4385231461736620750_n.jpg

*no manuals for the Mario Parties

10426861_10204050704138136_1883312693140155481_n.jpg

*Colosseum has no manual

10441017_10204050704738151_8113349865753492652_n.jpg

10372037_10204050697097960_2301648212475669369_n.jpg

10366241_10204050697297965_9182652038037148924_n.jpg

10415688_10204050697457969_447538357683769437_n.jpg

*Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 LE is sold

10309347_10204050698057984_6869065567563366145_n.jpg

*Only Atelier Rorona is left

10152477_10204050698377992_6840510132637401319_n.jpg

*Special CE with collectable figures

10444564_10204050699658024_6616903808916227772_n.jpg

10440737_10204050699778027_6103333464977800958_n.jpg

LQX

Community Warning Alert

Last week I was contacted by SmokeMaxX with regards to a potential scam involving the junior member ChieSatonaka. The transaction involved an exchange of PSN codes for an Amazon Gift Card. The PSN codes turned out to be invalid. He turned to me for help as ChieSatonaka was banned at the time. I promised to open an investigation into this.

What we found was somewhat troubling, and hence I'm making this disclosure to the community here to hopefully give everyone a heads up. ChieSatonaka was most likely a dupe account of Yuripaw, a long time member here with quite a strong reputation in the B/S/T threads. Recently he requested a permanent ban citing personal issues. Shortly after, he started using this new ChieSatonaka account. After the transaction in question, ChieSatonaka requested a permanent ban from another moderator, also citing personal issues. After this, Yuripaw requested via Twitter for his permanent ban to be lifted. It was timely because we were in the middle of investigating this issue, and hence we reached out to him to explain his side of the story and to clear up any misunderstandings here. Instead of replying, it appears that he has deleted both his Twitter and Steam accounts.

While we may never know what truly transpired behind the scenes, or why a long time member would do something like this, the evidence is clearly not in his favor. Since many people here might have had past dealings with him, and might still be in contact with him, I think it is fair to disclose the results of our investigation in increase awareness that he might be a liability. There isn't much more we can do, and since both accounts in question will remain banned, there will be no further action on our part.

All that for like $50 fucking dollars. I would think trading and selling amongst fellow Gaffers long term would be worth more than $50 especially for someone like him that was active in this thread. I know it has been for me. What a ridiculous fool.

VapDXhJ.jpg

fKn714W.jpg

zS4UrNs.jpg

557hBUL.jpg

Limited Edition Animal Crossing 3DS XL + Animal Crossing: New Leaf digital - Like New Condition - $205 shipped via PayPal Gift

As a bonus, it'll also comes with:

- Preinstalled Hori Screen Protectors
- Additional Hori Screen Protector set
- Club Nintendo reversible pouch

Bought this for my wife back (who took these pictures) when it released and she eventually just kinda fell out of love with Animal Crossing itself, which was the sole game she played. So, throwing it up here for my GAF bros. In regards to the price, keeping in mind what these things are currently going for on eBay and such, I'd say it's fair.

Check my reputation if curious. I ship immediately as I work literally a minute down the road from USPS here on my base.

chuckycem

Community Warning Alert

Last week I was contacted by SmokeMaxX with regards to a potential scam involving the junior member ChieSatonaka. The transaction involved an exchange of PSN codes for an Amazon Gift Card. The PSN codes turned out to be invalid. He turned to me for help as ChieSatonaka was banned at the time. I promised to open an investigation into this.

What we found was somewhat troubling, and hence I'm making this disclosure to the community here to hopefully give everyone a heads up. ChieSatonaka was most likely a dupe account of Yuripaw, a long time member here with quite a strong reputation in the B/S/T threads. Recently he requested a permanent ban citing personal issues. Shortly after, he started using this new ChieSatonaka account. After the transaction in question, ChieSatonaka requested a permanent ban from another moderator, also citing personal issues. After this, Yuripaw requested via Twitter for his permanent ban to be lifted. It was timely because we were in the middle of investigating this issue, and hence we reached out to him to explain his side of the story and to clear up any misunderstandings here. Instead of replying, it appears that he has deleted both his Twitter and Steam accounts.

While we may never know what truly transpired behind the scenes, or why a long time member would do something like this, the evidence is clearly not in his favor. Since many people here might have had past dealings with him, and might still be in contact with him, I think it is fair to disclose the results of our investigation in increase awareness that he might be a liability. There isn't much more we can do, and since both accounts in question will remain banned, there will be no further action on our part.

I have payed 90+ $ for 3 PS4 games to him months ago and never received the games. He did not reply to my PMs and said he is having personal issues and i got an answer for one of the emails i have sent by his father.
We thought the games were lost by USPS and he said he would send me a digital PSN code but than got banned and i could not contact him since than.
I got fooled by his positive feedback actually. Anyway i learned my lesson not to pay paypal gift to someone i have never made a transaction with.

BM8

Neo Member
WTS:

-Yoshi 3DS XL - Like new - Comes with all the packaging and items
-Mario Golf World Tour (physical, complete)
-Animal Crossing New Leaf (physical, complete)
-Pokemon X (digital)
-Pokemon Battle Trozei
-Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (just the bat and switch game)

Screen protector on bottom screen, comes with extra stylus' and another screen protector for the bottom screen.

PM for pictures, if you're interested.

Paypal Only - $240 shipped

LQX

I have payed 90+ $ for 3 PS4 games to him months ago and never received the games. He did not reply to my PMs and said he is having personal issues and i got an answer for one of the emails i have sent by his father.
We thought the games were lost by USPS and he said he would send me a digital PSN code but than got banned and i could not contact him since than.
I got fooled by his positive feedback actually. Anyway i learned my lesson not to pay paypal gift to someone i have never made a transaction with.

Did you pay via credit card? If so do a charge-back.

Arthea

WTB
PSN US cards $20 and $10 both, or $50 one

looking for code only, by e-mail, it's kinda urgent, want to get in time until PSN flash sale ends. I will pay with paypal, also would prefer $20+$10, as it saves me some money.
Alternatively, I would take info on trusted site that sells codes by e-mail and doesn't charge extra for it.

Geneijin

WTB
PSN US cards $20 and $10 both, or $50 one

looking for code only, by e-mail, it's kinda urgent, want to get in time until PSN flash sale ends. I will pay with paypal, also would prefer $20+$10, as it saves me some money.
Alternatively, I would take info on trusted site that sells codes by e-mail and doesn't charge extra for it.
I only have $20 codes to sell, but if you're interested, PM me back and we'll work something out.

Edit: Oops. Forgot to mention I'm selling $20 PSN codes for $18 each.

Chavelo

Would anyone help me out on purchasing and trading MK9:Komplete and Injustice:Ultimate from steam (midweek madness) for any $15 purchase(s) (steam key) on GMG? I've been waiting to buy those two games on GMG, but it's like they have the same 8 games on sale for the past few weeks.

Just choose what game or games you want that add up to $15 dollars (if a coupon is available then even better for you, just get something that ends up being $15 bucks at the end) and then we can just do that good ol' steam chat trade. Got some feedback on the Sell/Buy trade. Send me a PM if interested.

coopolon

I think at some point it definitely becomes worth paying a few dollars in fees to protect yourself for high value purchases. It will vary for every person, but purchases over twenty dollars I start to seriously think about going the payment route in PayPal.

And if the seller is resisting that, you have to ask yourself why.

I think at some point it definitely becomes worth paying a few dollars in fees to protect yourself for high value purchases. It will vary for every person, but purchases over twenty dollars I start to seriously think about going the payment route in PayPal.

Yea, even Smoke had dealt with him previously according to his above posts. If it's anything significant it's best to just ship the extra couple dollars.

Lemstar

NeoGAF Gold Seller/Plus Buyer

WTS:
Mario Kart 8 NA Club Nintendo PIN - $19
Borderlands 2 Vita NA voucher - $20
Nintendo Circle Pad Pro XL (unused, no box) - $23 shipped
The Guided Fate Paradox Soundtrack - $9 shipped

minx

Want to Trade:

Forza 5

For

Just about any xbox one game not named Titanfall, Assassin's Creed, or Dead Rising 3.

SmokeMaxX

That sucks to hear. I definitely encourage buyers to remain vigilant even when buying from trusted sellers. If a buyer ships something physically and refuses to provide tracking, definitely let others know. That is HIGHLY UNUSUAL. For international shipments, I always purchase insurance if possible -or- tell buyers that I am not responsible for packages lost in transit if they refuse to pay for insurance (but I always provide a tracking number that at the very least can be tracked until it leaves the country). Unfortunately transactions will always be a trust game. You can be screwed by a trusted seller or you can have a perfect transaction with a brand new seller. I'm sorry for your loss. I know in the states, you can do a chargeback through most banks even if you draft the paypal gift payment out of your bank account. That's why I tell people they shouldn't worry about doing a paypal gift payment. I don't know how it is with your country though.

It's definitely worth it for piece of mind. Most sellers would never refuse any payment as long as you're willing to pay the fees so that the seller receives the full amount. There are times that I've been hesitant to receive a payment where the buyer has paid the fees because something seemed off about the purchase (like the buyer offered to pay 1.5x the asking price), but I always did and nothing ever came out of it. Just be careful because a lot of shady sellers will delay, delay, delay communication with you until you're outside the chargeback window. If a seller ever seems to take his/her time shipping the item or answering messages, I'd definitely alert the community if the chargeback window nears closing.

I think the worst part about this whole situation is that it's made some people a lot more cautious about dealing with other members of this great community. For that, I hate Yuripaw/Chie. I've done hundreds of transactions on here over the course of several years. It's taken until this point for me to get scammed. Although I agree that traders should always be cautious, I also know that this community has a very low scam rate and that bad transactions are the exception, not the norm. If you are a new trader, please don't be afraid to trade with others on here. We have a great community but unfortunately there have been a few bad apples.

I am looking for a complete copy of Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition, in great-to-NM condition. Anyone will to part with theirs for a reasonable price? I can pay via PayPal or Amazon Payments.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
WTS

LOWERED PRICES

PS4
KZ Shadowfall - 23 shipped

PS3
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time - 13 shipped

PC
8GB Samsung RAM (OC's to 2133) - 70 shipped
500GB 3.5" HDD - 25 shipped

Paypal and negotiable.

SHADES

I tried but couldnt work it out through the bank in my country.

That sucks to hear. I definitely encourage buyers to remain vigilant even when buying from trusted sellers. If a buyer ships something physically and refuses to provide tracking, definitely let others know. That is HIGHLY UNUSUAL. For international shipments, I always purchase insurance if possible -or- tell buyers that I am not responsible for packages lost in transit if they refuse to pay for insurance (but I always provide a tracking number that at the very least can be tracked until it leaves the country). Unfortunately transactions will always be a trust game. You can be screwed by a trusted seller or you can have a perfect transaction with a brand new seller. I'm sorry for your loss. I know in the states, you can do a chargeback through most banks even if you draft the paypal gift payment out of your bank account. That's why I tell people they shouldn't worry about doing a paypal gift payment. I don't know how it is with your country though.

It's definitely worth it for piece of mind. Most sellers would never refuse any payment as long as you're willing to pay the fees so that the seller receives the full amount. There are times that I've been hesitant to receive a payment where the buyer has paid the fees because something seemed off about the purchase (like the buyer offered to pay 1.5x the asking price), but I always did and nothing ever came out of it. Just be careful because a lot of shady sellers will delay, delay, delay communication with you until you're outside the chargeback window. If a seller ever seems to take his/her time shipping the item or answering messages, I'd definitely alert the community if the chargeback window nears closing.

I think the worst part about this whole situation is that it's made some people a lot more cautious about dealing with other members of this great community. For that, I hate Yuripaw/Chie. I've done hundreds of transactions on here over the course of several years. It's taken until this point for me to get scammed. Although I agree that traders should always be cautious, I also know that this community has a very low scam rate and that bad transactions are the exception, not the norm. If you are a new trader, please don't be afraid to trade with others on here. We have a great community but unfortunately there have been a few bad apples.

I don't know if this is of any help to you guys but he's still using GameFAQS by the name of Ockman which seems to be his PSN as well, Still uses Yuripaw for Miiverse by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom