• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwRy108

...meanwhile: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for all the people posting massive pictures of every item they're selling. Do we really need high-res pictures of sealed games, sealed blu-rays, and like-new last-gen games?

Sorry, just venting because the thread nearly blew up my phone. Carry on!

...meanwhile: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for all the people posting massive pictures of every item they're selling. Do we really need high-res pictures of sealed games, sealed blu-rays, and like-new last-gen games?

I just disable images altogether. Anything I want to see, I click.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

lol fa real,

WTS: a used EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB. It's a relatively tiny card (physically) and doesn't require a direct power connector from the PSU, so it has some really great niche uses I'd imagine in HTPCs and other small-form factor builds.

I purchased this item brand new from NCIXUS in March 2015. It has served me very well; I usually have my PC on about 20 hours a week, although a good deal of that is idling or just productivity stuff, not anything GPU-intensive such as gaming. It is a "superclocked" card which means it was factory overclocked - I never adjusted any settings myself, so I did not do any aftermarket overclocking or modifications to the card.

The card will come with the manual and original box. I'd like to sell it for $85 with free shipping (to the continental US).

I'm replacing the card simply because I wanted something more powerful, basically, but this card worked great IMO at 1080p for the games I often play (Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, StarCraft 2, Team Fortress 2, etc). I am not home right now but can take photos later if anyone would like to see it. Also, I'm posting this ad slightly preemptively; my new card won't get here and installed until this weekend, but once I have the new one installed I'll be able to ship this one out quickly (probably Monday next week). Figured I'd get the ad up on here now just to start working at getting a deal in-place.

WTB/T

Anyone have any N3DS faceplates to sell? I have some Animal Crossing ones I would be willing to trade, mostly looking for that Zelda one with the Triforce, but I'm open to anything!

Dunan

Looking to BUY the PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy. Used is fine. Retail is $29.99; Amazon sellers have them in the $24 range. If anyone can beat that price and wants to sell, I would love to buy from you.

Akim

Banned
WTB

Anyone have an extra Smuggler's Bounty box?

I have a secret santa at work and the person I have likes Star Wars. I thought it would be a cool gift.

Thanks!

Olengie

Have:
Big Bang Theory Season 8 UV Code (DVD) $6
Grudge Match UV (Blu Ray) $2
The Counselor UV (Blu Ray) $2
Transformers Dark of the Moon Itunes) $1 [May be expired]

Want:
Amazon GC Only. Firm.

PM if interested

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Disclaimer: I only ship with tracking so please add $15 CAD for items within Canada or $12.50 USD if you're located in the US. Paypal only. If you buy more than one item, I can offer combined shipping. PM me offers!

Guilty Gear XX Soundtrack (used but in pristine condition) - $14 CAD / $10 USD

CAw9KHN.jpg
ie8BO2Y.jpg

Persona 4 Dancing All Night (PS Vita, used but in pristine condition) - $40 CAD / $30 USD $33 CAD / $25 USD

vermadas

There should be a disclaimer for BernardoOne listing saying he might take a bit but he always comes through :p
This isn't the first time this has happened

Or in some cases he will ignore you altogether, despite multiple PMs and posting in the thread you're trying to contact him. I've had a successful transaction with him in the past and he seems like a nice guy though, so it's hard to be mad about it.

A disclaimer would be a good idea though.

Lourio

Or in some cases he will ignore you altogether, despite multiple PMs and posting in the thread you're trying to contact him. I've had a successful transaction with him in the past and he seems like a nice guy though, so it's hard to be mad about it.

A disclaimer would be a good idea though.

Would've been nice to know beforehand to avoid all this confusion. :)

Shady859

......... for all the people posting massive pictures of every item they're selling. Do we really need high-res pictures of sealed games, sealed blu-rays, and like-new last-gen games?

Completely agree, it kills my OG ipad mini. I understand pics get attention and I always use scaled down or coded pics myself and people appreciate group shots of boring single items. The biggest pet peeve I have is WHY people feel the need to post multiple angles showing the exact same sides and then refuse to align the pix side by side. There are perfect examples of good and bad on this page alone. Seriously, who needs a wall of pictures of a broken item..... ;)

Also HOHO you have pm

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel it would be good to encourage people to make their pictures links to help ease off on the clutter. At the worst, adding a lower-case L to the image name in an imgur link (before the .jpg or .png) will auto-resize it to a smaller photo. Also, you could use quote tags to auto-resize as well. Sad truth of it is I've put some people on ignore because their wall o' photos is a pain in the ass to navigate past at times.

I would like to make an impassioned plea that if you WTB things, don't add photos. Offers no value. And especially not a gif.

That's all I have for my complaints, really.

Completely agree, it kills my OG ipad mini. I understand pics get attention and I always use scaled down or coded pics myself and people appreciate group shots or boring single items. The biggest pet peeve I have is WHY people feel the need to post multiple angles showing the exact same sides and then refuse to align the pix side by side. There are perfect examples of good and bad on this page alone. Seriously, who needs a wall of pictures of a broken item..... ;)
So they can tell how broken the broken item is duh,but seriously; I dunno if any of this is towards me(I have 1-2 pics of each item) but I now post randomly, whereas others post every 150 posts, still sorry, maybe try a different browser.

Would've been nice to know beforehand to avoid all this confusion. :)

To be fair, he does now have Neutral feedback in the list. I'm pretty sure it was updated before your transaction took place.

I've also observed that he has completely stopped leaving feedback for his buyers, but there's no actual rule in place that says that he has to. I was apparently wrong and apologize.

As to the whole picture thing, I wouldn't be opposed to having some sort of limit on the number of pictures in a post. We already have a rule for size, which nrvalleytime tries to enforce when he can, but currently there is no rule for amount of pictures.

Shady859

So they can tell how broken the broken item is duh, I dunno if any of this is towards me(I have 1-2 pics of each item) but I now post randomly, whereas others post every 150 posts, still sorry, maybe try a different browser.

Aligned side by side multiple pix will cover a few inches or be inconsiderate and cover a few screens.
(same item)

Edit: you were the good example. :)

Lourio

To be fair, he does now have Neutral feedback in the list. I'm pretty sure it was updated before your transaction took place.

I've also observed that he has completely stopped leaving feedback for his buyers, but there's no actual rule in place that says that he has to.

As to the whole picture thing, I wouldn't be opposed to having some sort of limit on the number of pictures in a post. We already have a rule for size, which nrvalleytime tries to enforce when he can, but currently there is no rule for amount of pictures.

I did check the and see the neutral feedback. Gave him the benefit of the doubt and sent him the payment either way.

Bloodember

I've also observed that he has completely stopped leaving feedback for his buyers, but there's no actual rule in place that says that he has to.

He just left feedback for a lot of people a week ago, he leaves feedback in waves.

wiibomb

WTB

I need to buy a gift and I'm looking for a copy around $30 of either bayonetta 2 (with the bayo 1 disc) or mario Kart 8, please pm me if you want to sell me one

SmokeMaxX

Negative feedback is probably a bit strong especially for a 24 hour period, but he probably should at least reply to the PMs if he's on GAF.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the seller to respond to PM's after they've accepted payment.
If I'm on mobile, I almost never respond to my buyers because unread PMs are my personal reminder that I need to complete the transaction. Yes, this means that the buyer will see that I'm "active and posting" even though I'm not home to ship the item or send a picture of the digital code that I'm selling. Generally they all get what they need (whether it be the digital code or a tracking number) within 24 hours, but I've had countless buyers send me mass messages because I didn't reply (often because I was asleep, but sometimes due to not being at home). That's why I put a disclaimer to give me at least 24-48 hours to respond in all of my selling posts (funny how a lot of my buyers ignore this though). Very frustrating as a seller to have impatient buyers. We understand that you're nervous about buying on the internet from a stranger, but if someone is going to try to scam you, waiting a few days isn't going to make a difference. If you can file a chargeback, then you have a LONG time to do that. If you can't, then you're out the money anyway. My recommendation for buyers is to send a message after 24 hours, then if no response, send another after 48 hours. After two days of no responses (unless they're offline for those two days), I would consider escalating in the thread. Only after talking/asking about it in the thread would I consider leaving neutral or negative feedback.
Ok. Maybe I did jump the gun quickly. I've purchased from GAFers before and I am one to pay right away and expect the same in return.

I'll keep you guys updated. What's the consensus then? Wait a week?

edit: my previous GAF username was Patrick Roy if you guys want to check.
As I said above, I'd message after a day. Maybe send another message after another day. I definitely wouldn't leave feedback immediately. Sellers have lives too. I know it's a rare occurrence, but I'd hate for someone to get a ton of negative feedback because their kid was in the hospital or something terrible like that.
Wait however long you feel. I mean, if you feel 24 hours is too long, that's fine - but keep in mind he can give neutral or negative buyer feedback too, so just try to keep it within reason.
I've always wondered how neutral/negative buyer feedback would work. Let's say that Person A scams Person B. Person B leaves negative seller feedback. Person A leaves negative buyer feedback because he's a dick. Person B gets screwed in this situation?
Completely agree, it kills my OG ipad mini. I understand pics get attention and I always use scaled down or coded pics myself and people appreciate group shots of boring single items. The biggest pet peeve I have is WHY people feel the need to post multiple angles showing the exact same sides and then refuse to align the pix side by side. There are perfect examples of good and bad on this page alone. Seriously, who needs a wall of pictures of a broken item..... ;)
What I do and what I recommend for people selling an item that they have multiple pictures of is to only use the picture of the front of the item so people can see what they're selling, then underneath it put links to the rest of the pictures so that people who are interested can get more information.

Aligned side by side multiple pix will cover a few inches or be inconsiderate and cover a few screens.
(same item)

Edit: you were the good example. :)
Oh well then consider my post a humble brag =D thanks. Yeah I can see what you mean on the desktop site especially where pics are endlessly on top of each other on some pages.

Mega

Banned

I think that's a good idea and should be enforced. I have only been browsing this thread a couple of months and gotten really tired of scrolling past the same enormous posts with tons of big pictures.

There should be a rule that if you're selling multiple games, never have one game or small item per photo unless you're literally selling that one thing. It is easy to post 5-10 small items per photo and still be 100% clear on what it is you're selling. A short description above or below the photo can be used to indicate what is or isn't still available without a need to edit or retake the photo. There could obviously be exceptions for large or unique items requiring their own image.

Multiple images for one item should be restricted to one image using actual image tags (and quotes to resize of course) followed by the rest in either plain links or a note to PM the seller for more photos.

I'm also not crazy about stock/commercials photos of products or digital art of game covers. They're generally not useful to buyers but others may think differently. I think only photos of the copy you own should be allowed to cut back on a lot of clutter.

And this one's obviously a toss up, but like it was just said, there's no need for a big photo of a sealed copy of a recent, common game. Obviously if someone is selling a sealed Super Metroid that's an entirely different matter.

Mark5130

WTS

PayPal gift or fees paid.

GAF Platinum Seller

DOOM for SNES Decent shape overall, but all pieces included do show ware. Works great and from a smoke-free home. Asking $40, with includes shipping and tracking, to the lower 48 U.S. only.

WTB

SNES games with at least box and manual, specifically a nice copy of Final Fight 3. Beyond that, I'm not big on sports games, but will entertain almost anything else!

WTS/T: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer digital code.

Looking for $25 Paypal.

Would trade for Animal Crossing New Leaf code or any other digital games, I'm open to offers for X1 or 3DS games.

oo7

WTS

Gaf Gold Seller

PayPal gift, or fees paid.

Rainbow 6 Seige Digital Code Xbox One - $40

WTB

SNES games with at least box and manual, specifically a nice copy of Final Fight 3. Beyond that, I'm not big on sports games, but will entertain almost anything else!

Pmd for the Siege code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom