• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buzzfeed: Utah Rep Jason Chaffetz will not seek reelection in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm24

Now just need Gowdy to get the hint and follow him out the door. I want Nunes to stick around until he's charged by the ethics group(don't remember their proper name).

Slacker

Wait what? I would assume that he can just resign from the committee, I don't think there's anything that says he's forced to be the head of the oversight committee. But instead he's just resigning from everything completely? When he can just resign from the committee and try to keep his seat after that?

Then he would have to govern. The horror.

Armaros

Wait what? I would assume that he can just resign from the committee, I don't think there's anything that says he's forced to be the head of the oversight committee. But instead he's just resigning from everything completely? When he can just resign from the committee and try to keep his seat after that?

No one resigns from a chairmanship without a scandal. Especially with how flamboyantly he did the job when it was against Obama and Hillary. Now that he is being called upon to investigate his own party?

So either:

A.) Chaffetz just said fuck it because he wanted the easy job of investigating Hillary but couldn't get it

or

B.) Something is brewing that's going to bite him in the ass.

Either one makes him a fucking scumbag.

Yazzees

i know louise mensch is kinda coo-coo but what about claude taylor? he seems to be repeating a lot of the stuff regarding chaffetz having a scandal about to break

Now just need Gowdy to get the hint and follow him out the door. I want Nunes to stick around until he's charged by the ethics group(don't remember their proper name).
Yeah. I am very happy about this, but it will leave Gowdy as the most punchable GOP guy when it's currently a two way tie with Chaffetz.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where a scandal isn't involved. Maybe if I give him the benefit of the doubt I would say he realized he would be investigating and ultimately finding guilty Trump and people in Trump's camp and he didn't want the backlash of Trump supporters as asinine (but sadly logical) as that would be.

If that's the most reasonable best case scenario, whooo boy. This will definitely be interesting to see unfold if he does resign early.

studyguy

Chaffetz is now suddenly disappearing for a month to recover from an upcoming surgery on some injury he sustained nearly 12 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXlsQtgAXr/
jasoninthehouseAlmost 12 years ago, I shattered several bones in my foot which required 14 screws and a metal plate to repair. Yes, I wish I could say I was cliff diving in Mexico but the truth is I fell off a ladder while repairing something in my garage. The University of Utah doctors now recommend immediate surgery to remove all the hardware or I could be at risk for serious infection. My recovery is expected to take three to four weeks. I'm sorry to miss the important work we are doing in Washington. This is not an opportune time to be away but medical emergencies are never convenient. I appreciate my constituent's patience and understanding as I take time to recover.

I think tinfoily shit is literally the worst, but I mean...
It's hard not to be suspect of this considering Yates goes in next week.

So a week before Chaffetz decided to GTFO of D.C. he got this fun letter from the DoD.

C-bLZFPUMAAyk6X.jpg

Once the investigation became something he couldn't keep a lid on, he decided he needed to spend more time with his lawyers family.

Follow-up on a 12 year old injury?

Y'all are being crazy with this conspiracy talk. Obviously the real reason he's addressing this now is in case the pre-existing condition removal goes through.

Follow-up on a 12 year old injury?

Y'all are being crazy with this conspiracy talk. Obviously the real reason he's addressing this now is in case the pre-existing condition removal goes through.

I hear he wants to do it before the iPhone 8 comes out and he gets tempted to buy that instead.

Chaffetz is now suddenly disappearing for a month to recover from an upcoming surgery on some injury he sustained nearly 12 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXlsQtgAXr/

I think tinfoily shit is literally the worst, but I mean...
It's hard not to be suspect of this considering Yates goes in next week.
Next jasininthehouse letter: "I have been putting off meeting my friends in Belize for 15 years now. I think this is the best time for me to go there while I'm recuperating"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom