• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

nbraun80

is there proximity chat in this game? i.e. can enemies hear you if you're not in a party? i know i've heard people cursing, calling me a camper after killing them a few times. can they hear me?

i've been dying a plenty... negative k/d :(
I believe it's been like that in most COD's where you can hear the person you killed for like 2 or 3 sec. after the fact.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I believe it's been like that in most COD's where you can hear the person you killed for like 2 or 3 sec. after the fact.

ah so you can only hear their death cries and can't actually directly chat with them in game. wish games were like halo 2 with the proximity chat.

Phear

Are there no movement sounds from teammates and enemys??? All i hear is shooting and my own footsteps. I cant play like that, why does nothing make a sound??

leng jai

They finally overhauled the sound design in this iteration. There's much more nuance to the sound, more LFE and a more tactile feel to it in general. It's essentially almost on par with Battlefield's now. You can tell it's been produced by a completely different person/team this time around, and they've done a good job.

The Beard

Yes, you can hear the person you just killed for like 1.5 seconds. You mostly just hear kids yelling Camper !!! Even though you've been running the whole map like a headless chicken the entire match.

Hacker !!!! Is also very popular.

purg3

slept with Malkin
They finally overhauled the sound design in this iteration. There's much more nuance to the sound, more LFE and a more tactile feel to it in general. It's essentially almost on par with Battlefield's now. You can tell it's been produced by a completely different person/team this time around, and they've done a good job.

I said something about the sound being good, and someone said it's the same as previous COD games. It definitely isn't, you can tell when using a good pair of headphones.

I'm at the grenade range and after doing the tutorial, I'm asked to repeat it for a challenge... Holding square doesn't seem to activate anything. What am I missing??

leng jai

I said something about the sound being good, and someone said it's the same as previous COD games. It definitely isn't, you can tell when using a good pair of headphones.

They're either deaf, talking shit, or using TV speakers (and even then you should be able to tell).

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Greenband can go to hell. I literally went 0-9 before getting my first kill because people kept spawning behind me.

Phear

Hahahha, you gotta be kidding me. At least in multiplayer sound is complete and utter shit.

The Beard

The game sounds great. Are you guys hearing enemy footsteps though ? Because I'm not hearing any.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no

Nodnol

They seriously need to sort out the servers. I'm struggling enough as it is!

Previous CODs, I was always near the top of the leaderboards, always did well. I don't know whether I'm just getting old or not, but I suck at the moment.

The best bit? I don't actually care. It's fun. The lag and net code is infuriating, but I'm not actually bothered by sucking.

Is this...is this what maturity is like?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Despite the MP problems, this Campaign so far is soooooo good and Kevin Spacey is amazing haha. Graphically, I'm still shocked this is a CoD game as it looks really good. Kudos to Sledgehammer Games. :)

leng jai

It sounds like Battlefield in some of sound samples and how they're mixed. Battlefield is obviously going to sound different/better because the games are conceptually different. You can do a lot more with the sound in Battlefield with all the vehicles and wide open fields.

I've only played the campaign so far, perhaps they also gimme the sound in multi?

Phear

Testing with headphones now. Still no movement or boisting sounda from other people. Either i've got a bug or it's really bad. I'm not talking overall sound, thats quite good. Although every game should give different sliders for music, voice and effects.

I kinda feel like If you get punished for using the exo suit by showing up on the map without using Blast Suppressor, camping should also show you on a map, or force you to use a perk to hide it.

Despite the MP problems, this Campaign so far is soooooo good and Kevin Spacey is amazing haha. Graphically, I'm still shocked this is a CoD game as it looks really good. Kudos to Sledgehammer Games. :)

Agreed. This is the best CoD campaign since MW2 even with the myriad of issues it has in multiplayer.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It sounds like Battlefield in some of sound samples and how they're mixed. Battlefield is obviously going to sound different/better because the games are conceptually different. You can do a lot more with the sound in Battlefield with all the vehicles and wide open fields.

I've only played the campaign so far, perhaps they also gimme the sound in multi?

I think the charges sound real nice. They have some wonderful sounds to multiple missiles firing at once too. I also think there's more to the sound because it's set in the future with more weapons. You have lazers, shields, and etc. You aren't crashing your vehicle into a wall and looking out a window until someone blows it up.

Sometimes Battlefield just has an echo to gunfire and it depends on what you're doing or how many guns you've unlocked. Your 1 grenade versus a variety. I always felt BF sounded the same. Not to put it down, but I'd just sit there until the music rolled in. It was like nature music, but with bullets and vehicles starting up.

Probably gonna grab the game this weekend. I have held up a 3+ kd in every COD since Blops 1, hopefully I will get to that level with this one as well

MattyG

Banned
Anyone else using the care package attachment that makes it not reset when you die? It adds 600 points to the cost. I haven't been getting 500 points in a row, but I get about 2000 points each match, so I'm guaranteed at least one, maybe two care packages a match.

Heh, it's pretty funny. Ghosts was awful but had the best netcode in the entire series (once dedicated servers rolled out). AW is great but has the worst netcode in the series.

Also, they asked for feedback and as expected, #1 request is dedicated servers: http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2larsk/thanks_for_a_great_dayzero_its_day_one_and_were/

Hmm... I'll have to disagree with you on the netcode being worse than any other Call of Duty. I've played every CoD except 3 and Ghosts, and the net-code seems to be on par with MW, MW2, BO1, BO2.

purg3

slept with Malkin
had my best match yet, 20-7, finally getting on a roll with this. I actually do better the less I use my exo and stay off the radar since I'm not using that perk that blocks it. Real easy to pick up enemies who just boost all over the damn place.

Hmm... I'll have to disagree with you on the netcode being worse than any other Call of Duty. I've played every CoD except 3 and Ghosts, and the net-code seems to be on par with MW, MW2, BO1, BO2.

Ghosts is the only entry in the series to use dedicated servers. All the games you mentioned use P2P, which is almost certainly why you're not seeing issues with AW - you're used to P2P. It's very difficult to go back to P2P after Ghosts.

I've noticed that when I go into multiplayer, the sound for the double-jump, and boost manuvers sound quiter, and different than when into exo survival, or do local play. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm on Xbox one by the way.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
A target enhancer on Instinct made me feel like I was in Predator! And I murdered the other team at choke points because of it...

The controls have really clicked with me. I can actually survive firefights with some dancing and dodging. When I die, I don't feel cheated.

This game is solid. I can only suspect most complaints are coming from people who aren't used to having to be so aware of their surroundings.

Top Bottom