• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

BokehKing

Banned
Is this game down on PSN for anyone else? I can't connect, though PSN works in the OS and everything.

and this...this is why I'll also be getting it for x1
as I was sitting here thinking

"come on man, do you really need the game on two systems"

yes....because the game is crack, and if PSN goes down or gets attacked by Lizard Squid or whatever, I want to still be able to go online and play

So there's no Mercenary Mode playlist, right? That sucks so much for people who play alone but want to get a fair match up for once. Ghosts removed the mode and now this doesn't have it either. I hate that.

wrongway

That feeling when you come home and turn on your PC, but your monitor won't power on. Glad I kept my old one. 16:10 master race!

Anyway, for people asking for footage about maneuvering, Lirik's playing multiplayer on PC right now: http://www.twitch.tv/lirik
He's not like a pro competitive guy or anything, but it looks like he's pretty solid and he's just a fun, goofy streamer in general.

Mattenth

Can anyone post a screenshot of the Xbox One leaderboard numbers? Really interested in comparing how many people are playing on XB1 to PS4.

PS4 shows 1.12 million people have played multiplayer.

Is it me or are the Exo Skills in multiplayer fucking useless? The only one I'd consider keeping on a class would be the silent footsteps one, as it lasts a decent 15-20 seconds.

Im finding the health boost one to be pretty ok for when you just survive a firefight, gives you that extra little chance of keeping the streak going.

That is when I am not dealing with my mouse acceleration/crosshair skipping issues! Sigh.

Game crashes every couple matches on PC. Freezes, and trying to close out is hopeless because it's a black screen that takes priority over everything else.

Server issues are also frustrating as hell. I wish the game were more stable, and I wish there were dedicated servers.

jeffc919

I can now say I love this game in MP. My KD since launch was 1.1, I was annoyed at the lag so wired my ps4 network connection, and something clicked. BOOM my KD ratio is now 1.68 on TDM. What I was going to ask is where is the cheapest place to get the season pass? Ebay? Please move if not appropriate but I love this game now haha

Wish it was that simple for me...I'm always wired direct to the router, PS4 in DMZ, qos set to prioritize the console traffic, and open NAT. My games have been very hit and miss...and mostly bad yesterday.

The Beard

Can anyone post a screenshot of the Xbox One leaderboard numbers? Really interested in comparing how many people are playing on XB1 to PS4.

PS4 shows 1.12 million people have played multiplayer.

1.12 mil after 1 day ? Is that considered a failure in Activisions eyes ? Haha

Avoid open areas as much as possible, patrol a smallish section of the map, try and keep sprinting to a minimum, shoot at anything that moves. In COD, hesitation kills. Don't even give your eyes enough time to tell your brain there's an enemy in front of you, just shoot.

While I agree -- isn't this the same strategy for every COD, thus effectively proving how pointless the exo suit really is?

Karu

Just had my first match were basically all players ping were just tickering betweem deep red an white every second. Not that fun tbh, in itself good game so far.

kanuuna

How does the Season Pass work with multiple accounts on the consoles? I'm playing the US digital download version of the game on my EU (main) account, and I'm wondering if I can access the season pass content on my primary account if I buy it on my US account (should be compatible as well as quite a lot cheaper this way). Any experiences? I'm playing on PS4.

ViciousDS

Banned
Played classic team deathmatch......makes me want hardcore team death match classic. Maps feel way to small and spawns are fucked to shit playing the normal game modes. Maps feel very nice with classic though....even if it's core, that might remain my main mode.

Now they need to fix that insane ping issue with lobbies, and lag compensation

Dylan

I can't wait to play this exciting new RPG!

4cw1YNk.png

I've played for 2 days straight now (multi), I dunno, I'm just not feeling it.

Treyarch is my last hope, I believe in the creators of my beloved Black Ops.

Before I consider selling AW already, was there ever any word of Demolition returning in an update or anything? I miss it so much. :(

Is it me or are the Exo Skills in multiplayer fucking useless? The only one I'd consider keeping on a class would be the silent footsteps one, as it lasts a decent 15-20 seconds.

I agree. I tried to use cloak and the health boost but it didn't seem to do anything. I have the perk that makes my ability last longer and I use the silent footsteps exo ability. I think it's having a better effect as people can't hear my pounding footsteps all of the time.

haveheart

Banned
Git gud.

try to learn the maps, play them to your advantage.

Killcam has the same problem.
Quickscoping and sniping in General seem to be fucked:) so the sniping community is nonexistent.
Spawns are horrible.
There is map variety, nothing too big or too small.

I think that spawns are pretty good in this one.

It's handled like it was in COD4: In Domination each team basically starts on their side of the map until there is a switch of A and C.
In TDM you mostly spawn in sections where your team is.

Sure, spawn kills happen, but not regularly. I think they solved this pretty good.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I caved and bought the PS3 version digitally since it's cross buy, the ps3 version will tide me over until there's a good sale for PS4 where i live. My general impressions is that the game looks rough as fuck on PS3 and the netcode goes from decent to holy shit the host is downloading a bunch of torrents, most of the time it's playable but yeah i really hope they offer a sale down here soon. Also i'm not gonna touch the campaign on PS3, no fucking way gonna wait until i have my PS4.

zychi

Banned
There is something seriously wrong with the connections in this game. I'm running a wired 60/20 connection that gives me full bars in any other COD game except this one, im rarely on 3 or 4 bars. I dont know if its just a bug in the scoreboard presentation or a bug in matchmaking. Something needs to be done with this.

NAT is open btw

The worst connection in COD games usually gets something similar to a host advantage. "Dedicated servers" or not, it's still shit netcode, but its expected with COD. Good thing MS has all those servers up and running :eyeroll.

Besides that, I am enjoying the game. I want something similar and simple like COD4 next year

aravuus

PRESTIGE. First time ever in Call of Duty. Got some cool armor and the usual calling cards and emblem stuff and the new icon next to rank and so on.

SAC3 life without scavenger is probably gonna be a pain in the ass.

Does anyone else think this is a bit... Janky? I'm specifically referring to multiplayer. It seems to lack polish. The menu system is really basic, for example. It's difficult to pin down exactly but multiplayer feels like it was made by modders in a way. It lacks the usual CoD slickness and sheen. Anyone?!

Readingaid

Neo Member
How does the Season Pass work with multiple accounts on the consoles? I'm playing the US digital download version of the game on my EU (main) account, and I'm wondering if I can access the season pass content on my primary account if I buy it on my US account (should be compatible as well as quite a lot cheaper this way). Any experiences? I'm playing on PS4.
I did the same for Destiny, it works, ill be doing the same for this

AcidGlow

Neo Member
Does anyone else think this is a bit... Janky? I'm specifically referring to multiplayer. It seems to lack polish. The menu system is really basic, for example. It's difficult to pin down exactly but multiplayer feels like it was made by modders in a way. It lacks the usual CoD slickness and sheen. Anyone?!

TOTALLY agree. This game is pretty half-assed. Even Ghosts was better then AW.

Duxxy3

As it it right now, online is a joke. Straight garbage servers.

edit: if it wasn't for bots, i would think about bringing this back

Lazyslob

Banned
how the hell do you slide forward in this game? im checking the key bindings but there is nothing that says slide forard. someone help me :(

Lazyslob

Banned
alright thanks everyone. i tried to do it in the main game and it wouldnt let me with sprint and crouch and everyone is doing it in MP

Nome

Speed boost is great. Most of them suck because it takes longer to activate them than it takes for someone across the map to kill you. The shield is especially bad.

SMZC

Has anyone been able to figure out how the reloading system works? I know that you don't always have to throw away your current mag's ammo, because sometimes my character does the slower kind of reload that conserves the ammo, but it seems to be automatic. I don't know if it's just context sensitive, or if we can choose what kind of reload to perform each time, but I've tried everything and the game just performs whatever kind of reload it wants, when it wants. If so, this is a really horrible design decision that I hope they patch up.

jeffc919

The worst connection in COD games usually gets something similar to a host advantage. "Dedicated servers" or not, it's still shit netcode, but its expected with COD. Good thing MS has all those servers up and running :eyeroll.

Besides that, I am enjoying the game. I want something similar and simple like COD4 next year

It was so bad in the MW3 / BO2 days that some people would purposely try to throttle their connections (either by tinkering with router settings, downloading torrents, streaming videos, downgrading their ISP, etc.) I'm sure there are still YouTube videos out there showing the before/after effect of going from instant deaths to basically god mode. You know your netcode is a mess when people are trying to worsen their ping to get on the "good side" of lag compensation. I thought this nonsense was finally behind us, but if it really is back to true P2P, and they recycled the MW3 / BO2 netcode, it won't take long for people to start trying these things again. Please, don't be true.

Top Bottom