• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

aravuus

Hmm... I'll have to disagree with you on the netcode being worse than any other Call of Duty. I've played every CoD except 3 and Ghosts, and the net-code seems to be on par with MW, MW2, BO1, BO2.

Disagree all you want, it's still shit and feels like worse than most of the other CoD games so far

J2d

I enjoyed the single player and will probably try to finish it again on veteran but unless someone says that the only cod games they really enjoyed MW1&2 and that they like whatever activision puts out next I won't be buying it. I hate pretty much everything about the mp from the maps and ttk to the load out =/

Kayant

More than likely AW is using the same setup because they confirmed dedicated servers here but don't want to talk about it similar to how they confirmed XB1, X360, PC server support before confirming it for PS3,PS4 later on. -

MercuryLS

Banned
I don't understand this quick reload thing, when I tap square to reload sometimes I keep my full clip and sometimes I lose it. It's inconsistent, the reload animation seems the same to me.

Hip Hop

I did not know the BAL came with a built in dual mag. It always reloads fasts.

Any other guns with built fast reload?

M.W.

I keep trying to give MP a chance, but it's just a broken fucking lagfest. I feel cheated every game. Ugh

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I keep trying to get into it and I just can't. This is the most uncompelling shooter I have played in a while online.

Just shot a guy coming around a wall -- pummeling him with bullets -- and I watch as he lifts up his gun, turns, and kills me in one second.

Lag is completely random ATM.

Has anyone else had save game problems? I got to Aftermath last night and now the game says I didn't complete traffic and fission. Resume game still starts me at where I left off on aftermath though. It think I skipped two levels or something

There is something seriously wrong with the connections in this game. I'm running a wired 60/20 connection that gives me full bars in any other COD game except this one, im rarely on 3 or 4 bars. I dont know if its just a bug in the scoreboard presentation or a bug in matchmaking. Something needs to be done with this.

NAT is open btw

RedAssedApe

Banned
the ping indicators on the scoreboard are strange...they are all over the place during the game even if i don't feel like i'm lagging

tons of yellow and red bar players (myself included). i have open nat 100/10, twc, wired and generally don't feel like i have lag issues.

but then when you see the scoreboard at the end of the game i usually see everyone with full bars and one player with red or yellow. does that mean they are likely the host and for some reason the p2p selected someone with a shit connection to host the game?

Jeff-DSA

Ok, cut the hype, be honest with me. How many of these things are still an issue? I don't trust Call of Duty reviews anymore, so I want to hear from people actually playing the game.

- Is kill cam disparity still bad due to lag?
- Is quickscoping still rampant (I heard it's possible at least)?
- How is the spawning? Lots behind you?
- Do the maps offer variety, or are they all super cramped spaces with 10 entrances each again?

There is something seriously wrong with the connections in this game. I'm running a wired 60/20 connection that gives me full bars in any other COD game except this one, im rarely on 3 or 4 bars. I dont know if its just a bug in the scoreboard presentation or a bug in matchmaking. Something needs to be done with this.

NAT is open btw
Bandwidth means nothing in online gaming, it's your ping to the server that matters. This game uses P2P, so connections are going to fluctuate nonstop due to functions like lag compensation and you being affected by every other users connection quality.

Nokterian

Bought the PC version for a nice price and well damn they did a good job looks beautiful and runs very good! i suck so bad in console shooting...

Bandwidth means nothing in online gaming, it's your ping to the server that matters. This game uses P2P, so connections are going to fluctuate nonstop due to functions like lag compensation and you being affected by every other users connection quality.

Yeah I understand that, I just posted it in case somebody comes in and asks about my bandwidth :p

I suck at call of duty. Please help me gaf. Any advice is good advice. Thanks.
Git gud.

try to learn the maps, play them to your advantage.
Ok, cut the hype, be honest with me. How many of these things are still an issue? I don't trust Call of Duty reviews anymore, so I want to hear from people actually playing the game.

- Do the maps offer variety, or are they all super cramped spaces with 10 entrances each again?
Killcam has the same problem.
Quickscoping and sniping in General seem to be fucked:) so the sniping community is nonexistent.
Spawns are horrible.
There is map variety, nothing too big or too small.

Heads up to Xbox One owners also in the preview program; if the game is stuck in a loop between installing/queue, there seems to be an issue with this game where you have to decline the update first and let it install before installing the update. If you've already accepted the update, uninstall the game, reinsert the disc and decline the update first. That finally worked for me, and now I can play, hooray!

The Beard

I suck at call of duty. Please help me gaf. Any advice is good advice. Thanks.

Avoid open areas as much as possible, patrol a smallish section of the map, try and keep sprinting to a minimum, shoot at anything that moves. In COD, hesitation kills. Don't even give your eyes enough time to tell your brain there's an enemy in front of you, just shoot.

a916

I forget which dev commented on it, but they said Kill cam will never be exact. It wasn't designed to be. It was meant to give you an idea of where you were killed from and not exactly how you were killed.

Ambient80

Git gud.

try to learn the maps, play them to your advantage.

Killcam has the same problem.
Quickscoping and sniping in General seem to be fucked:) so the sniping community is nonexistent.
Spawns are horrible.
There is map variety, nothing too big or too small.

I very much disagree about spawns. They are vastly improved over Ghosts. I rarely get killed by someone who just spawned, or as I just spawn. Like maybe twice so far and I'm level 21.

BokehKing

Banned
If no one wants to, I might be able to. Don't really know how it works though.

you make the clan, and then people post their gt, and you have the fun of going through every page on here adding people and getting yelled at when you don't

lol

or you can just let them apply to the clan on the app and let them in that way...

ahhh f it, i'll buy it on x1 too, I'm curious to see how the controls work with that game pad

GravyButt

Man momentum is so chaotic and fun. Absolutely loving it. Its jacks up ur kdr but that doesn't bother me.

Wish I could take advantage of the rest of the double xp day but oh well.

BokehKing

Banned

mostly because....I want the maps early
I just got an xbox 1 and I want another game for it besides Sunset (no I will not buy Halo, that game is garbage to me)
I really really want to play it with that x1 controller
and because my ps4 no longer goes into rest mode so I have to leave my ps4 on while I charge my controller, but I don't exactly want to stop playing, so I'm going to hop on the xbox 1 and play there...

I did this for the last 3 treyarch games, owned copies on ps3 and 360

on another note, are we getting a double xp weekend?

Cc23830

I can now say I love this game in MP. My KD since launch was 1.1, I was annoyed at the lag so wired my ps4 network connection, and something clicked. BOOM my KD ratio is now 1.68 on TDM. What I was going to ask is where is the cheapest place to get the season pass? Ebay? Please move if not appropriate but I love this game now haha

purg3

slept with Malkin
you make the clan, and then people post their gt, and you have the fun of going through every page on here adding people and getting yelled at when you don't

lol

or you can just let them apply to the clan on the app and let them in that way...

ahhh f it, i'll buy it on x1 too, I'm curious to see how the controls work with that game pad

lol, I'm an admin for the Gaf Destiny clan, I know that goes haha.

Cudder

Is it me or are the Exo Skills in multiplayer fucking useless? The only one I'd consider keeping on a class would be the silent footsteps one, as it lasts a decent 15-20 seconds.

Cc23830

Is it me or are the Exo Skills in multiplayer fucking useless? The only one I'd consider keeping on a class would be the silent footsteps one, as it lasts a decent 15-20 seconds.
Speed boost is what I use. So helpful getting first blood and makes me harder to hit

Top Bottom