• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Just heard a guy complaining that the game is racist cause they allowed black characters to be picked before white characters. Yeah, never change.

jeffc919

Has anyone been able to figure out how the reloading system works? I know that you don't always have to throw away your current mag's ammo, because sometimes my character does the slower kind of reload that conserves the ammo, but it seems to be automatic. I don't know if it's just context sensitive, or if we can choose what kind of reload to perform each time, but I've tried everything and the game just performs whatever kind of reload it wants, when it wants. If so, this is a really horrible design decision that I hope they patch up.

I think I read earlier that the first AR was bugged and always did the quick reload. Maybe there are others that are bugged too? It's supposed to be one button push for normal reload, double click for fast reload. Yesterday I could have sworn that reload cancelling was causing me to lose ammo too, but I was probably using the bugged gun. It's worth setting up a local private match just to experiment for a few minutes.

SMZC

I think I read earlier that the first AR was bugged and always did the quick reload. Maybe there are others that are bugged too? It's supposed to be one button push for normal reload, double click for fast reload. Yesterday I could have sworn that reload cancelling was causing me to lose ammo too, but I was probably using the bugged gun. It's worth setting up a local private match just to experiment for a few minutes.

I didn't know about the bug, that's good to know. I did experiment in the shooting range, though, and there, I found a way to consistently normal-reload and fast-reload at will (I think it was holding the button and pressing it twice, respectively, but I can't remember now). When jumping into an actual match, though, it wouldn't work, even trying different weapons. It definitely seems messed up right now.

jeffc919

I didn't know about the bug, that's good to know. I did experiment in the shooting range, though, and there, I found a way to consistently normal-reload and fast-reload at will (I think it was holding the button and pressing it twice, respectively, but I can't remember now). When jumping into an actual match, though, it wouldn't work, even trying different weapons. It definitely seems messed up right now.

Something definitely isn't quite right. It's on the short list of things they said they are fixing, along with the size and placement of the microphone icon/name when someone talks. Still no acknowledgement of the dedicated servers question from what I've seen though.

I'd recommend anyone struggling, give Hard Core a go.

Just because it is called 'hard core' doesn't mean it is.

My k/d was around 0.9 in standard TDM. I switched to Hardcore and I've been regularly getting 2/3 k/d per game.

It is much slower paced and less frantic too. You don't die all the time because your location isn't given away constantly. You also aren't forced to use a silencer to remain hidden.

I am using a headset (A40s) and I can actually hear enemies nearby instead of just loads of constant noise (guns, explosions, etc).

Prologue

If i'm missing trophies ( complete campaign on any difficulty, and complete campaign on hardened difficulty), who do I talk to / email?

Just heard a guy complaining that the game is racist cause they allowed black characters to be picked before white characters. Yeah, never change.

was it on ps4? maybe around 4:30pm PST?
Cause there was someone in the pre game lobby for domination complaining something similar, and how in the campaign
the character Cormack ( who is black) is the main guy from Sentinel , to take down Irons
- read if your finish the mission taking place in New Baghdad. ( 5th or 6th mission)

Gragen

I don't get what you guys are saying about lag. I haven't lagged one game and I'm level 29. My ping bars are always 4 and only a couple of games do I recall another players less than 4.

I have migrated hosts once though. I'm on PS4.

Arkanius

Am I the only one thinking the Campaign looks like ass?
Most of the buildings in the Korean intro were horribad, it felt like bad props. No wonder the performance is great.

Another jaring place was during the funeral, they didnt hide well what was a skybox and what was mapped terrain.

Models and lightning looks good though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The lag is unbearable tonight. Gonna play something else.

I just completed the campaign. What a fantastic job Sledgehammer Games did. I recommend playing through it if you don't want to play MP.

This would be my 2nd or 3rd favorite CoD campaign on top of COD4 and BO. Heck, it might even top those too. I don't know if it's better than the museum.

NeoROCK

I'm happy they brought back "War" which has been absent since CoD5 (World At War)…. it was one of my favorite game modes.

It's now called "Momentum" in AW and it's pretty fun.

I'm happy they brought back "War" which has been absent since CoD5 (World At War)…. it was one of my favorite game modes.

It's now called "Momentum" in AW and it's pretty fun.

they brought back War?!?!?!?!?!? fuck, now i gotta buy this. loved that game type in World at War.

Realyn

People will laugh at this ... but hardcore(not necessarily because of the damage, rather the lack of radar) kill confirmed on PC is the best thing that happened to shooters in a long time besides CS:GO. Dashing to get tags is really fun.

Man the netcode and lag is really bad in this game. I'm still doing pretty good, as I usually do in these types of games, but it's so weird to see the killcam show something completely different from what occurred on screen.

I'd recommend anyone struggling, give Hard Core a go.

Just because it is called 'hard core' doesn't mean it is.

My k/d was around 0.9 in standard TDM. I switched to Hardcore and I've been regularly getting 2/3 k/d per game.

It is much slower paced and less frantic too. You don't die all the time because your location isn't given away constantly. You also aren't forced to use a silencer to remain hidden.

I am using a headset (A40s) and I can actually hear enemies nearby instead of just loads of constant noise (guns, explosions, etc).

+

NeoROCK

they brought back War?!?!?!?!?!? fuck, now i gotta buy this. loved that game type in World at War.

Yup.

It's identical to how it was in WaW too. It's just called Momentum now.

I like it better than Domination because Dom has a "half time" which I feel messes up the flow of the game.

Kinda itching to play COD. Wasn't huge on Ghosts but this looks good. Was a big fan of Black Ops.

Is it worth it?

I hated Ghosts, but I like AW.

When I can actually get a good connection, it's godlike.

Playing on PS4. Red bars everywhere. The competitive wireless console warrior fight is too real.

But yeah it is really enjoyable. There's still the games shit tickrate and laughable P2P, but I like running around with SMG's and smacking quick scopers in the face.

Screw the mission with key-man. Terrible game design.

That part is fucking INFURIATING. Especially since you technically lose 15 seconds of time or so because they're trying to tell you what to do... Even after you fail and restart. I'm not sure if the time is different on other difficulties, but on Veteran it gave me 45 seconds or so but after the Russian lady shut up and the game gave me control I had little over 30 seconds left.

NeoROCK

Co-op is pretty disappointing. It seems like they tacked it on last minute. It….is not worth playing IMO. Co-op was the best part of Ghosts, so this is a downgrade for AW.

Haven't tried the campaign yet.

Qf2XZKu.png

Top Bottom