• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

mbmonk

Man fuck this netcode. It's 2014 and they can't get it right. I am shooting straight at people and one shot kills me. It's really getting on my nerves. Also whoever said this game was fast never played titanfall... Now that was faster.

Oh well.. Game is amazing. Just the netcode is horrible.

I am having similar frustrations. Despite it appearing to be dedicated servers, it looks like the players connection in the match vary wildly during the actual game and I keep getting questionable deaths. My connection swings from 5 bars down to 3 yellow. It's very wierd.

I am going to give the game a couple of days, but I am fairly sure I a moving to MCC and selling this game.

Lulubop

Man fuck this netcode. It's 2014 and they can't get it right. I am shooting straight at people and one shot kills me. It's really getting on my nerves. Also whoever said this game was fast never played titanfall... Now that was faster.

Oh well.. Game is amazing. Just the netcode us horrible.

Yea, I'm raging. I wish Titanfall had this amount of content. I'd still be on it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Punching the ever living fuck out of people is so good.

Haven't been in a CoD since MW2, since the formula was running stale with all the sequels.

But god damn if this shit isn't damn good fun.

I could probably play an entire game based around the
grappling hook/grappling executions mechanic
from single player. So badass. Put that thing in multiplayer!

Anyone else having trouble installing this on Xbox One? It goes from installing to queued constantly. What gives?

Any fix for this?

saunderez

Hope you guys can tell who this is supposed to be:

Excellent job. I've spent way too much time creating emblems, I need more layers in order to do a decent job.

d40M0J2.png

Just got it today and love it already. I love the clean presentation from the game. Spacey is spot-on on his role (wish I could say the same about his eyes) Visuals are great, sound design is damn good (weapons FINALLY don't sound like fucking toys) and man, some great set pieces all around.

Oh and the exo? I can't go back to any shooter without the exo movements.

Of course the OST is good, that's what happens when you get HARRY GREGSON-WILLIAMS (MGS, COD4), and fucking AUDIOMACHINE (they make EPIC trailer music) to do a score together.

Needless to say the OST destroys Ghosts. Like the rest of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GccM1fp0jg&list=PLMe1NEClqNAxWCIUTVnBYILazacbFjGV5&index=1

The main theme alone destroys everything I've heard on Ghosts.

Just got it today and love it already. I love the clean presentation from the game. Spacey is spot-on on his role (wish I could say the same about his eyes) Visuals are great, sound design is damn good (weapons FINALLY don't sound like fucking toys) and man, some great set pieces all around.

Oh and the exo? I can't go back to any shooter without the exo movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GccM1fp0jg&list=PLMe1NEClqNAxWCIUTVnBYILazacbFjGV5&index=1

The main theme alone destroys everything I've heard on Ghosts.

Was surprised Spacey wasn't phoning it in. Jennifer Carpenter in The Evil Within on the other hand....

Fusebox

Banned
Spaceys eyes are crazy bad at the start of the game but somewhere around the third major cut-scene he's in they look really, really.. acceptable at least. Brighter lighting on the face shows the eyes to be more brown, less dead carp.

Kallor

Really enjoyed the SP! Very nice. Might even go through again. I like unlocking things for the MP through the SP too. They need to keep expanding on this for future games.

Really renewed my interest in COD going forward. MP is terrific so far. Hope the DLC is great.

Survival is fun too.

JRod2100

Neo Member
just a reminder to xbox 1 players
I made a xbox one clan
I'm not going to be organizing events or anything, I just stepped to the plate to make the clan and if people want to join it, they can search for it after downloading the Call of Duty Advance warfare app, searching for Neo Gaf (while logged in under your Gamer Tag ID) and applying for the clan, I'll get the alerts on my phone and accept you.

(this is not to be confused with the ps4 clan, which I believe is only viewable while signed in with a PS4 user id)

Just applied, looking forward to playing this weekend with you gentlemen.

BokehKing

Banned
I suck at COD, always been a 0.89 player at best

But the lag on x1 is disgusting and I can't be blamed for every death man

I feel like I'm playing at 15 fps

leng jai

This game has to have the slowest speed boost of all time. I can barely even tell the difference.

Switched to the HBR and seem to be doing better though.

The last 4 supply drops I've opened have only had 1 item each. Not impressed.

Loving the hell out of this game though, it will be hard to go back to playing without the movements if they decide to do so in the future.

So I was just screwing around with a buddy of mine in a private match and I wanted to see how many headshots it took with a BAL to actually get a "headshot." It takes three headshots in a row to get one. I;ve never really tested this in the other CODs but has it always been like this?

Pastry

Banned
Is there placement matches?

My understanding is that the first season starts in December, right now is preseason ranking. You need 100 points to move up a division. When you get 100 then you have to win 2/3 of your next games and you move to the next division. I have no idea if you can drop divisions.

Played three matches tonight of TDM. Left after each one and joined a different lobby. All the same connection issues. Only reason I went 16-5 on one of the maps is because I stole a guys Paladin care packages and then hid in the corner the rest of the map.

Ended up as the kill cam as a guy came from above with a shotgun and shot "three" times as I unloaded my entire BAL clip on him. I just fell over, he took no damage.

I hate this, because I really enjoy the MP. Other friends are having just a fine time. It never fails to ruin my experience though.

Such an excellent soundtrack.

Stephen Barton should be ashamed with his Ghosts score. Especially after having some great stuff in COD4's fantastic score with Harry Gregson-Williams.

Stephen Barton's score in Titanfall was really good! Just too bad you mostly heard it in the main menu lol

rbanke

Couldn't find an answer to this, Do I really have to invite friends to my lobby on PS4? It seems like they can't just join my game even though were in the same system level party. Seems a bit silly.

Also is there a way to get rid of the constant notifications about party chat having priority?

Portugeezer

So Exo survival mode is 25 waves, then they repeat, but it's supposed to get more difficult...

I wasn't feeling it getting any harder, so 2 hours later we all just let ourselves die to end it.

Some guy kept thinking he was going to unlock Zombie mode by playing... I didn't say anything.

First 25 waves were fun though.

People is having trouble with the netcode? I'm having a great experience right now online. I will go as far to say that is the one COD where I can't feel any sort of lag.

Such an excellent soundtrack.

Stephen Barton should be ashamed with his Ghosts score. Especially after having some great stuff in COD4's fantastic score with Harry Gregson-Williams.

Wasn't Ghosts composed by David Buckley? He scored The Town with Harry Gregson-Williams.

Just got this today. I like it for sure, it's a huge step up compared to Ghosts and I think it puts up a good fight with BLOPS II for my third or fourth favorite COD.

TBH tho, the movement is much better than of the past CODs obviously, but it's still third best this year. Destiny and Titanfall both have their own set of crap but those feel way better to move around in and maps are better integrated with your abilities. I'm hitting my kneecaps way too many times on ledges and getting out of bounds indicators when I jump to high. Wackkkkkkkk.

nbraun80

I almost feel like dying when I get 4 kills just so I don't get 5 in a row and unlock that damn bloodshed helmet again for the 100th time. What a horrible idea.

Akainu

off topic I keep seeing this live action commercial and then the woman pops up she is supposed to be hot right? But all I can think how is how weird her face is.

Wow I thought people were being a bit dramatic but this lag is downright unacceptable and it's been this way for the past hour. This is not lag compensation this is downright stutters bullshit.

I am LOVING this game. I feel like this is the first CoD since MW that can actually safely mentioned in "great games of the year" conversations without all of the CoD qualifiers.

P. Fembot

Banned
Just applied for the GAF clan, don't know who to PM to ask.

Was in the clan for Ghosts so hopefully I can jump back in.

KD is .7 because I suck so far but will be putting in the hours. Can't deal with the connection issues and flying enemies tho.

Oh well.. Game is amazing. Just the netcode us horrible.

Hmm I find AW MUCH faster than TF personally.

Top Bottom