• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Korten

Banned
I've not been able to play a match recently where I didn't die more than 10 times... I feel like there is no where safe in the game. Constantly I'm being flanked by someone who was there that I couldn't spot.

Just finished off the campaign and thought it was an absolute blast. It's definitely one of my favourite campaigns after the first two Modern Warfare games. I thought the ending bit was a little underwhelming and Kevin Spacey perhaps underutilized, but it was still awesome to have him in the game at all. There were some really stellar set pieces (the Golden Gate Bridge being the highlight for me) and the few missions where you get the grapple add on for your Exo are probably the best parts of the whole thing. The freedom and speed they gave you were incredible. And I thought they did a good job with the quiet sections, they weren't the usual sneaky sniper missions. Oh, and is this the first CoD campaign where you play as one character from beginning to end? It's the first one I can remember.

Anyways, great job Sledgehammer, it was a thoroughly enjoyable ride and exactly what I was looking for.

BokehKing

Banned
I've not been able to play a match recently where I didn't die more than 10 times... I feel like there is no where safe in the game. Constantly I'm being flanked by someone who was there that I couldn't spot.
To me, if I shoot someone, 2 of his team mates are on a roof, one spawning behind me, kind of sucks but that's COD

Hugstable

Banned
I'm really loving this campaign, first I've really cared about a COD campaign this much to replay it since 4. Finished the game originally on Hardened yesterday, fast forward to today and I'm 1 mission away from finishing Veteran. Thankfully Veteran doesn't seem as hard as it used to be in past COD games which is nice. After this I would only have to work on the Exo Survival trophies.

I think my campaign is a little glitched. I've beaten it and cannot select anything other then the first mission and all of the intel selections are locked saying I have to complete the level. Weird.

chris121580

Just finished off the campaign and thought it was an absolute blast. It's definitely one of my favourite campaigns after the first two Modern Warfare games. I thought the ending bit was a little underwhelming and Kevin Spacey perhaps underutilized, but it was still awesome to have him in the game at all. There were some really stellar set pieces (the Golden Gate Bridge being the highlight for me) and the few missions where you get the grapple add on for your Exo are probably the best parts of the whole thing. The freedom and speed they gave you were incredible. And I thought they did a good job with the quiet sections, they weren't the usual sneaky sniper missions. Oh, and is this the first CoD campaign where you play as one character from beginning to end? It's the first one I can remember.

Anyways, great job Sledgehammer, it was a thoroughly enjoyable ride and exactly what I was looking for.
Completely agree. Finished it tonight and thought it was awesome! Perfect length too. Felt basically like a blockbuster movie and the graphics look so good

leng jai

I'm really loving this campaign, first I've really cared about a COD campaign this much to replay it since 4. Finished the game originally on Hardened yesterday, fast forward to today and I'm 1 mission away from finishing Veteran. Thankfully Veteran doesn't seem as hard as it used to be in past COD games which is nice. After this I would only have to work on the Exo Survival trophies.

There's none of the ridiculous grenade spamming this time around which makes it much easier.

wrongway

People is having trouble with the netcode? I'm having a great experience right now online. I will go as far to say that is the one COD where I can't feel any sort of lag.

It's pretty binary in my experience. Either it's great or it's mind-bendingly bad. Dying more than a second after breaking LOS, every death feels like an instagib, and you can be a quarter of the way through your magazine before your first hit registers. When it's bad, it's bad.

It's pretty binary in my experience. Either it's great or it's mind-bendingly bad. Dying more than a second after breaking LOS, every death feels like an instagib, and you can be a quarter of the way through your magazine before your first hit registers. When it's bad, it's bad.

I play with a group of guys on the other side of the country, and I always feel like I'm instantly dying.
It gives me flashbacks to MW3 multiplayer where I had the same issue.

I need to try playing a multiplayer game solo, see how it goes.

xn0

multiplayer is amazing, cod is the new arena shooter, with a double jump INCLUDING another boost. there is so much movement and there is even a laser gun. having so much fun

The Beard

The game is so good, but when I play in one of those bad matches, I want to cry. I can go 20-4 in one match then on the very next match I'll start off 0-6. Damn you insta-deaths !!!

been playing a while now.. and something was bothering me about this game. i finally figured out what it is.

the footstep sounds. they are so weird. they are so far apart compared to your walking speed.

so cos of that, i feel like im gliding everywhere.

anyone else notice that?

dottme

Nice!

Lol, why's that?

I hate games full of player waiting for the other to do the match. In this video, the guy is rarely moving from his position and he is just waiting for the other to come.
You fill a game with this kind of player and it is just terribly boring.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Did the performance all of a sudden go to shit for anyone about 20 minutes ago on PC?

Suddenly, I'm dropping to the teens on my Titan GPU.

Team Fortess 2 is working great, still. No idea what's wrong...

Gragen

I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but how do you join the PS4 clan?

Edit: I just applied via the app. PS4 account name is Dartmuth.

meanspartan

I was actually impressed he was in it as much as he war.

Agree, great campaign and loved that they experimented with a bit more freedom in it, hope that continues to expand going forward.

shermas

I am having similar frustrations. Despite it appearing to be dedicated servers, it looks like the players connection in the match vary wildly during the actual game and I keep getting questionable deaths. My connection swings from 5 bars down to 3 yellow. It's very wierd.

I am going to give the game a couple of days, but I am fairly sure I a moving to MCC and selling this game.

I had a couple brutal games earlier today.. on my screen, I was emptying a clip into someone, only to watch a replay where I hadn't started shooting yet and was taken down by a couple of a quick shots... WTF?

You stayed in the same spot and sniped the whole time. Which is fine honestly, that's a known sniper perch, people on the other team should have picked up on that.

I get what you're saying.

I hate games full of player waiting for the other to do the match. In this video, the guy is rarely moving from his position and he is just waiting for the other to come.
You fill a game with this kind of player and it is just terribly boring.

My apologies for the boring gameplay. Trust me that it was hard work to play that way since this game is so fast paced and crazy.

Top Bottom