• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I found my weapon! The Akimbo SMGs with Laser Sight(The SAC3) is BEAST, I do see it being a very good weapon in close quarters combat, and it kills very fast, and has good range on the weapon!

Try it out, its also an very fun weapon also!

TheRed

This Sniper is pretty huge. But I can't hit shit with it unlike the MORS.
We Halo now.
15698528656_f7d8d24f5a_o.png

Game is fun. Delivered more than any other big release this year to me. When they get dedicated servers in then it'll be all I could hope for.

I would like to see some bigger maps, wonder how Pipeline will feel when they release it in this game.

Sushen

It's the most twitchy shooter I've ever played. Probably, it's good for skilled players but casual players won't last long. They should've kept at least combat training thing or non-leet players won't get much out of it.

The Beard

considering

Blops 2>AW>MW>MW2>every other COD

thats a pretty big accomplishment

Those are two completely different things. You're saying, AW is the best COD next to Blops 2. That's not the same as saying, "AW is the best COD since Blops 2", which essentially means, AW is better than Ghosts.

Which COD isn't better than Ghosts ?

Rate the CODs, everyone

Me:

MW2 > MW > BLOPS 2 > AW> BLOPS > MW3 > GHOSTS

The ones I didn't list I didn't play at all, so I can't give an opinion on it.

But, anyways, TRY OUT THE SAC3, its like playing with BLOPS 2 Akimbo Automatic machine pisiols(forgot what they were called lol) before they were nerf(but not as broken and more fun!)

jediyoshi

Those are two completely different things. You're saying, AW is the best COD next to Blops 2. That's not the same as saying, "AW is the best COD since Blops 2", which essentially means, AW is better than Ghosts.

Which COD isn't better than Ghosts ?

The semantic issue you're pointing out is "since" being ambiguous. In the context of talking about rating them, "since" is using the spectrum of quality, not time.

First multiplayer CoD I have ever play.

This game is a fucking mess compare to Destiny, Halo, CS and BF.

You're not actually saying anything. Halo, CS, and BF are just franchises. Are you saying launch window BF4 or CSS actually holds up to current BF4 or CSGO?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Also wondering how one applies to be in the PS4 GAF clan.

ramuh

Rate the CODs, everyone

Me:

But, anyways, TRY OUT THE SAC3, its like playing with BLOPS 2 Akimbo Automatic machine pisiols(forgot what they were called lol) before they were nerf(but not as broken and more fun!)

MW>BLOPS>BLOPS2>AW>WAW>MW2>MW3>GHOSTS

Bought the atlas limited edition and the campaign alone is worth the price. Thrilling ride from start to finish with an expected twist from what i've seen from the trailers. The story is very cohesive and follows mitchell along with his tour of duty really well. I havent even touch the multiplayer and coop yet. Really enjoyed the game so far.

Side note: I really love the grappling hooks. Makes me feel like batman with guns. Really shiny guns.

The steelbook is dayum sexy.
Xr9tueFl.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Bought the atlas limited edition and the campaign alone is worth the price. Thrilling ride from start to finish with an expected twist from what i've seen from the trailers. The story is very cohesive and follows mitchell along with his tour of duty really well. I havent even touch the multiplayer and coop yet. Really enjoyed the game so far.

Side note: I really love the grappling hooks. Makes me feel like batman with guns. Really shiny guns.

The steelbook is dayum sexy.
Xr9tueFl.jpg

Yo where did you get that red DS4? Shit's mad sexy

I just found out that you can land on the recon drone, making it so you or it cannot move at all, lol, going to post either a video or a gif of it in action soon

I've browsed through a few pages and it seems like I've seen the same old complaints I see with every COD game. So glad I finally gave it up and didn't buy this one.

I'd agree with this, with a slight variation

MW>BLOPS2>AW>BLOPS>WAW>MW2>MW3>No CoD at all>Ghosts.

Same here. But where are the classic CoDs? CoD 1 and 2 are good. I miss rushing in to red square with your comrades shouting and coming in with flags to secure the square. No other CoD has managed to replicate that feeling. I got that vibe when im at the "crash" mission in AW. Where atlas and sentinel square off against one another.

Please bring back that red square feelssss back CoD!

After getting to level 49, I can say this is possibly the most fun I've had in any COD multiplayer, despite it's flaws. This may be the first season pass I buy.

The only things that really bug me are:
-Netcode or whatever you call it. With a game this twitchy we need dedicated servers, it's that simple.
-Kill times are to short. They aren't as bad as I thought, but to make certain weapons more viable (shotguns for example, which are fun as hell but only slightly effective), automatic weapons should take a couple extra shots to bring someone down.
-Grenades need a buff. Can't tell you how many times I've done damage with a grenade only to be killed while switching back to my weapon. The blast kill radius looks to be 5-7 feet when it should be at least 10, especially considering how fast you can jump or dodge out of the way. Other grenade types aren't that much better.
-matches need to be 100 kills in tdm, they're too short to be able to have an awesome comeback. A little endurance should be involved.

A few other minor things but other than that I'm really impressed. Maps are great, game looks and sounds great, it feels fun to move and shoot. New additions like the supply drop system and the firing range are really good ideas.

So I seem to remember ground pound being a thing but I haven't been able to do it. Is it something you need to unlock? Some people online said that it happens when you melee while in the air, but it seems regular to me. Do I have to have an opponent in my crosshairs for it to work?

jediyoshi

I've browsed through a few pages and it seems like I've seen the same old complaints I see with every COD game. So glad I finally gave it up and didn't buy this one.

It only took you 11 main line Call of Duty games to realize this?

Also wondering how one applies to be in the PS4 GAF clan.

Leave your PSN and I can invite, not sure what the interface is like for joining in the game. Can also do it through the mobile app.

So I seem to remember ground pound being a thing but I haven't been able to do it. Is it something you need to unlock? Some people online said that it happens when you melee while in the air, but it seems regular to me. Do I have to have an opponent in my crosshairs for it to work?

You press duck to do it I think. That at least shoots you down at the ground, I've never gotten a kill with it so I'm not sure.

As someone who played 500+ hours in MW1 and 250+ hours in MW2, boy do I miss how stupid fun those games could be. I've spent at least 100 hours in each cod except for Ghosts, which I passed on.

AW is the return of that stupid fun. Just waiting for the PC and server issues to be ironed out, but having tons of fun.

Like posters before, I'd rate the CODs in this order:

MW1 > MW2 >BLOPS2 >>> MW3 = BLOPS1 > WaW

The other CoD multiplayers (CoD3, for instance) were fun, but I didn't have fast internet so I didn't play online a lot.

Vidpixel

After getting to level 49, I can say this is possibly the most fun I've had in any COD multiplayer, despite it's flaws. This may be the first season pass I've ever bought.

The only things that really bug me are:
-Netcode or whatever you call it. With a game this twitchy we need dedicated servers, it's that simple.
-Kill times are to short. They aren't as bad as I thought, but to make certain weapons more viable (shotguns for example, which are fun as hell but only slightly effective), automatic weapons should take a couple extra shots to bring someone down.
-Grenades need a buff. Can't tell you how many times.I've done damage with a grenade only to be killed while switching back to my weapon. The blast kill radius looks to be 5-7 feet when it should be at least 10, especially considering how fast you can jump or dodge out of the way. Other grenade types aren't that much better.
-matches need to be 100 kills in tdm, they're too short to be able to have an awesome comeback. A little endurance should be involved.

A few other minor things but other than that I'm really impressed. Maps are great, game looks and sounds great, it feels fun to move and shoot. New additions like the supply drop system and the firing range are really good ideas.

I actually agree with a lot of what you say. I, personally, don't really mind the TTK just because of all the mobility options at your disposal, but yeah, I feel like pretty much every weapon that isn't an assault rifle needs a slight buff or something. Grenades, like you say, are also pretty worthless at the moment as well, as I've only gotten a handful of kills with them.

Wookieomg

Anyone got any advice for how to get my NAT type to Open? I saw it as Open the past couple of nights but suddenly it's Strict. :/

PS4 user

Edit: N/m. Figured it out.

Been playing since day zero and I just can't bring myself to enjoy the game, it's awful. The SP is solid, fun and one of the best in the series. The MP on the other hand is just infuriating due to awful netcode and key features and functions of the series being nerfed beyond repair.

Pros:

- Good graphics in SP, but not as great as folks are making them out to be
- Excellent SP campaign; not MW or MW2 quality but probably the next best
- MP map design is small and tight, a nice departure from the huge maps in Ghosts

Cons:

- P2P in MP is a disaster
- Scorestreaks are boring and have a been severely nerfed in what I can only imagine was an attempt to allow players to escape them
- Headshots are no longer 1 shot kills unless they're a point blank shotgun or sniper; you can now be shot in the head multiple times (signified by a double hitmarker) and survive (WTF!?)
- Spawns in MP are a mess and are actually worse than Ghosts
- Revenge spawning is back
- Sniping is incredibly random and inconsistent - body shots rarely kill in a single shot
- MP maps have far too much verticality and dozens of entrances for every room (BO2 was bad, this is to the extreme)
- Stealth play is dead, there's an attachment which makes them show up on radar
- Using exo shows up on radar and to prevent it you must use a perk, resulting in players opting to just camp rather than be punished for using exo

Glad others are enjoying it and I hope your experience stays positive, but this just isn't for me. The series I have come to love and call my favorite, died with Infinity Ward when Zampella and West were terminated from the studio. I've been playing CoD since the game originally launched on PC, but was hooked like many others when CoD4 dropped. Since MW3, the entire series has just been on a downward slump and shows no signs of returning to the glory days.

I'm probably far worse than your average CoD fan, and I've been playing the game and collecting CoD stuff for what feels like ages. I'm finally at the point where I can't fool myself or try to fall into Stockholm syndrome - AW is the worst game in the series to date, and just might be the title that pushes me away from the series entirely.

I try to remain vigilant and continue to hold out hope for a MW & MW2 HD collection, but it just seems impossible given the yearly rotation; releasing an HD remake would cannibalize the population. Oh well, one can dream, right?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Jesus the campaign is such a slog. It is like completely devoid of excitement. At least, it can't pull it off like the guys at (former)IW and Treyarch.

NeoROCK

MW>MW2>MW3>BO2>AW>BO>WaW>Ghosts

I like the MW titles. That's just me though. Hated Ghosts multiplayer and barely played it.

If MW2 didn't have Commando, Noob Tubes, and One Man Army, it might be #1. The game had flaws, but maybe it just ranks high for me since it was the first CoD I really got into and sunk a sh*tload of hours in.

Wookieomg

Rate the CODs, everyone

Me:

MW2 > MW > AW> Blops > Blops 2 > MW3 > Ghosts.

Didn't really care much for either of the Blops titles to be honest. Thought they were overrated and boring. I played the wheels off MW2 and MW though. Fucking incredible. AW feels fresh in lots of ways for me; I really dig it.

Rate the CODs, everyone

Me:

MW2>MW>BO1>BO2>whatever>>>>>>>Ghosts

too early to rank AW though.

Can you play splitscreen with two different gamertags in this or do you still have to use a Guest as the second player?

If you can bring a second gamertag - could I bring my profile to a friends place, play there and then bring the progress home with me?

Cheers in advance~

Striek

MW (dat addiction) > MW2 (dat innovation) > WaW (dat sameness) > AW (dat difference) > BLOPS (dat shitness) > didn't play any of the other modern ones because BLOPS turned me off.

Alienous

You must crouch in the air, sir.

Top Bottom