• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

B1sdN-EIEAAt3Ht.jpg:large

I am seriously sweating to keep a +2 kd in this game.. 90% of my deaths are in my back

if you primarily play TDM like my friends and I do, then yes K/D is of utmost importance...since there are no support classes like medics then really the only way to improve your W/L is to get your K/D up...and not play with randoms...

It doesnt matter anymore.... No one can see your KDR stats, not even your friends. In previous COD games KDR was allways in your face, now it's completely hidden away. No more shame or showing off in lobbys...

I applaud Sledgehammer for this. Now everyone can just you know play and have fun :D
Now I'm actually playing other modes like infected since kdr doesn't matter anymore.

leng jai

My K/D for Killzone games was always around 2 - 2.5 and 1.5 - 2 for Battlefield games. In this I'm in struggle town to even maintain a break even.

GenericUser

It doesnt matter anymore.... No one can see your KDR stats, not even your friends. In previous COD games KDR was allways in your face, now it's completely hidden away. No more shame or showing off in lobbys...

Wow, I didn't know that. Kudos to sledgehammer, a bold move, CoD kids live and die for their K/D. No they need to find something else to be proud of....

leng jai

Wow, I didn't know that. Kudos to sledgehammer, a bold move, CoD kids live and die for their K/D. No they need to find something else to be proud of....

You still see your K/D on the game scoreboard so it doesn't help much. KZ4 abolished it altogether for the first 6 months but then did a backflip on it later on.

Hip Hop

Kudos for what?

If people want to be proud of it, let them be. Who cares. This is a step backwards.

The stats always helped me see who I'm playing against (massive campers,try hards).
It was a great tool that worked to find a good lobby. No issues back then. This is ridiculous.

Hope they turn them on along with the population counter.

Malalaw

Same boat as a lot of you, always had a 1.8-2.0 KD on all other CODs but this one is a pain in the ass. The spawning system if worse than what Ghosts was in my opinion and some games I just feel like I can't get anything going. It is frustrating, I want to enjoy this game right now but I keep finding myself breaking away from the multiplayer and just doing campaign.

ILoveBish

I absolutely LOVE this game. Some things i've learned playing since day 1 till now.

Killstreaks are pretty useless. The fact that i can just put on a UAV + extra points + support is AMAZING, i have 3-6 UAVs a game and its just awesome, we win a lot more matches just from that alone.

There are going to be bad lag matches, its a P2P game, but i have to tell you for the most part, i'm having excellent hit detection, shooting feels good 90% of the time.

The maps are awesome, really love the flow of most of them. If you play like old COD and kill one person then look around to hit someone else, you will die. The game is too fast paced and there are way too many ways to get around, Its a different style of COD.

Learning what exo ability to use is paramount, i was using cloak and it really didnt help me much, so now i use the stim and hit it when im going to run into a group, or when im running away after getting hit and get most of my life back immediately. Really awesome.

Movement is paramount, i cannot tell you how many people i will slide past and they cannot react quick enough to move fast enough to shoot me at where i end up, killing them.

If i didnt need to go to work so early i'd still be playing. Also, for god sakes i hope sony lets us set ourselves to offline, i am tired of appearing online when i dont want to be.

GenericUser

You still see your K/D on the game scoreboard so it doesn't help much. KZ4 abolished it altogether for the first 6 months but then did a backflip on it later on.

but if others don't see it, thats a big plus for me. I think it encourages people to try out new ways to play the game instead of using the same weapons/perks and the same routes across the map over and over and over.

Really good decision by sledgehammer, I like that.

Randam

I applaud Sledgehammer for this. Now everyone can just you know play and have fun :D
Now I'm actually playing other modes like infected since kdr doesn't matter anymore.
But it matters to me.
Wrestlingfancrying.gif

And yeah, as long as you see your own kd, nothing will change.
And I don't see a problem with that.
People should care about their kdr.
If you want to have fun, play ffa.
People goofing around and giving the enemy free killstreaks can be annoying.

Btw. Is there a trainings mode against bots?

CozMick

Banned
but if others don't see it, thats a big plus for me. I think it encourages people to try out new ways to play the game instead of using the same weapons/perks and the same routes across the map over and over and over.

Yeah I agree with this.

Removing the kdr comparisons should help players to try new things.

Just don't join a clan. You see them then (compare with your clanates anyway)

leng jai

What I'm saying is you can still see the K/D of every player in the current match on live scoreboard. In KZ4 you couldn't see that at launch even in Team Deathmatch, it just showed the point score.

First COD since MW2 and I'm absolutely loving it. Really glad I took a break from the franchise as it feels fresh again to me. Great fun.

I've noticed kill streaks just aren't for me anymore. Instead having some badass attachments and perks to my class makes it much more enjoyable.

Oh and that run and gun template class is freaking insane. I used that alone until I got to level 20 or so. Absolutely killing it!

Seiniyta

Got a question, I'm pondering getting the game on steam but only for the multiplayer. Can you download the multiplayer alone (like previous titles) and how big is the MP component in download size?

stoebz

Neo Member
Having a lot of fun. Right behind BLOPS1 for favorite MP. I'm weird in that I loved Black Ops 1.
I think the physics feel more weighted and I like that aspect a lot. Guns so far are meh at level 21 and maps are just decent except a few.

Latency with P2P is a huge fcking issue. Xbox One: FlexDietrich. might get on PS4 or PC as well.

BokehKing

Banned

You can see it on the app though, at least I could if scrolling through clan members

Naar

Can someone please explain to me this problem that i am facing

This happened to me in multiple games that i bought for PS4. Whether it was a disc or download. The only game i didnt have this issue with was Ground Zero's

I would play the game for about 10-15 min and then i either finish the chapter or the game freezes at a certain point in the chapter and it says "now installing" and i would wait hours for it to finish.

it happens whether the game has been downloaded for a while, or i put the PS4 in rest mode for a few hours.

I clearly remember sony saying that with PS4 you can choose to download the single player or online first and start playing but everytime i am stuck with installing it even if the PS4 was on for hours AFTER the download has finished

Now with CoD i waited to download a 5gb file that was supposed to be single player. after i downloaded and installed that 5gb file i played the first chapter and then as soon as it finished it said "please wait installing content time remaining 7 hours"

so i leave my ps4 on and didnt shut off the game to finish installation

now 2 days later i finish single player and want to try online.....it tells me online is installing now please wait 5 hours

i try exo survival...it says installing wait 4 hours

WTF why is it taking 2 days to install?

hunchback

Let me know if you want to play. I'm disabled and a lot of people don't want to play with me because I'm not very good. I promise to try hard. I just want someone to play with that won't call me names because I'm disabled and suck.

GT: DblTap Xbox One

Let me know if you want to play. I'm disabled and a lot of people don't want to play with me because I'm not very good. I promise to try hard. I just want someone to play with that won't call me names because I'm disabled and suck.

GT: DblTap Xbox One

:(

I'm sorry to hear it dude. Mute those stupid fuckers.

I've seen a lot of people say the spawns are terrible in Advanced Warfare and yesterday I experienced it. I was playing on the map, Riot, and while running through the prison I literally saw people spawn right in front of me. I was like whoa, wtf? Never saw this happen in a call of duty unless a team was trying to
Spawn trap. This happened more than once and it had me thinking, if this happens to other players then it must have happened to me. No wonder I keep getting shot in the back.

I've seen a lot of people say the spawns are terrible in Advanced Warfare and yesterday I experienced it. I was playing on the map, Riot, and while running through the prison I literally saw people spawn right in front of me. I was like whoa, wtf? Never saw this happen in a call of duty unless a team was trying to
Spawn trap. This happened more than once and it had me thinking, if this happens to other players then it must have happened to me. No wonder I keep getting shot in the back.

I have spawned in the prison yard with enemies multiple times.
On momentum I spawned in the same hallway as an enemy.

On freaking Retreat map a sniper was camping that huge staircase at the back side of the map, I come up his rightside get sniped about 20feet from him.
Okay so I respawn.... 10 feet to his left.
He seriously kills me to his right looks left and there I am to get shot again.
The Killcam even showed me my previous death.

This is seriously the worst the spawns have ever been.

noomi

Guys... possibly very stupid question here.

Just bought the game and only played for like 10 minutes of multi (I like it!), how do I use my exo ability? The exo shield.... I have no clue lol....

Portugeezer

Rate the CODs, everyone

Me:

But, anyways, TRY OUT THE SAC3, its like playing with BLOPS 2 Akimbo Automatic machine pisiols(forgot what they were called lol) before they were nerf(but not as broken and more fun!)

COD4 MW > BLOPS > MW2 > AW > BLOPS 2 > MW3 > GHOSTS

AW somewhere in the middle. Never played WAW enough to say where it goes.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My K/D for Killzone games was always around 2 - 2.5 and 1.5 - 2 for Battlefield games. In this I'm in struggle town to even maintain a break even.
It's funny, I'm maintaining my usual sad K/D in this game but everyone else seems to be doing about the same so I don't feel as bad.

leng jai

It's funny, I'm maintaining my usual sad K/D in this game but everyone else seems to be doing about the same so I don't feel as bad.

Looks like most people are having extreme difficulty when it comes to staying alive for an extended period of time. 8/10 you'll die within 5 seconds of killing someone. I hardly ever see people in game with a K/D of over 2, most are 1 to 1.5.

aravuus

Rate the CODs, everyone

Probably something like

BO2 > MW2 > BO1 > MW1 > AW > MW3 > Ghosts

The only thing I'm taking into account is how much I enjoyed the games. Broken as hell yes, but I still had incredibly much fun with all the unbalanced shit on MW2, for example.

Question for PC players: Is it possible to play this game with a 360 controller + mouse? (controller in left hand for the stick, mouse for aiming, action buttons assigned to extra mouse buttons).
I could do this in borderlands and can't go back to shitty WASD.

jorgejjvr

I have a question, I saw this game on my buddy's house ps4 and the game looked great. He lent me his ps3 and the game there looks horrible in comparison, so jaggy. Now my TV is displaying in 1080p, is the game just optimized for 720 p? Maybe the uodacaling is just messing with it? I knew it would look worse, but it honestly it just looks absolutely horrible, worse than black ops 2 on my wii u, it actually looked beautiful there. What's going on?

Top Bottom