• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

eek5

My new way to have fun: Jumping rocket launcher. Constantly boost into the air splat 'em. Sure, I go negative every game, but who gives a crap =P

don't forget your noob tube. have to pretty much hit them w/ danger close but still pretty fun to double jump and tube

Nodnol

Anyone else having worse than normal lag?

I don't mind sucking, but playing what can only be described as a FPS flick book sucks.

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
It turns out you can use the ground stomp move on players in Goliath as well. Knocks them out in one hit, which is really useful! I found this out by accident when I was trying to outplay an opponent in one, but accidentally stomped him.
Makes me feel like I'm playing first person Mario.

It turns out you can use the ground stomp move on players in Goliath as well. Knocks them out in one hit, which is really useful! I found this out by accident when I was trying to outplay an opponent in one, but accidentally stomped him.

The best part about the ground stomp or dive kick or whatever is that you can actually get a headshot with it. It's the best fucking thing and it's so satisfying to kill corner campers with it.

Hey, just got this game, surprisingly loving it, but it keeps freezing up on me. It'll stall for a second or two and then start working again. Is this normal? I'm sure they'll patch it if it's normal. I'm just trying to make sure it isn't my PS4

I haven't played multiplayer and jumped on for a match today and I swear every person was jumping in 360s nonstop. So dumb.

Question, at the end of a SP mission, I get a supply drop after upgrading, where do I locate that? I went into MP and my Armory, and I don't see supply drops, but I do see new items. Are they automatically opened?

Just playing some EXO solo and was on round 33 doing great when a dog tag round came up and I fell off the map trying to get one, ending the run. lol So annoying.

There is no consistency with performance for me. One match we'll win, I'll go positive. Next we'll get stomped.

I've been getting killed a lot from behind, I may give Classic a try and see how that plays.

Piggus

Is there a way to disable the stupid names that come up IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN when people talk in MP? WTF were they thinking with that shit?

woen

Played a bit tonight, I'm now lvl 21 and I begin to do some great scores in Domination with my KF5+grip/silencer/reddot. I guess I'll level up the HBbra, even if I don't like how it is slow to aim with it.

Spawnkills and backstabs are still annoying though (even when I am the one who stab)

Is the SN6 or any other SMG good ?

Is it just me or are the maps too small for player count? There's constant flanking. Often team deathmatch feels like free for all...
I don't think it's the player count, but the exo movement, there's no predictability in enemy placement anymore an they can travel so fast in a small amount of time.

There is no consistency with performance for me. One match we'll win, I'll go positive. Next we'll get stomped.

Speaking of random connections in this game.

Played maybe 10 games and went about 1.5 K/D in each of them and the game felt like butter with every hit registering and winning battles I should be, something that is extremely rare in this game

Console locked up so had to reset, the few games after that were horrendous with lag and teleporting. Ah well, I finally managed to get back over a 1 K/D after an horrendous run of -tive games.

Played a bit tonight, I'm now lvl 21 and I begin to do some great scores in Domination with my KF5+grip/silencer/reddot. I guess I'll level up the HBbra, even if I don't like how it is slow to aim with it.

Spawnkills and backstabs are still annoying though (even when I am the one who stab)

Is the SN6 or any other SMG good ?

You said you were using the KF5, are you wanting to use a new gun? The KF5 is definitely my go-to gun in the SMG class but I removed the silencer and that slightly faster kill-time has saved me on more then one occasion.

Nizz

Any particular reason for saying that?
I was just venting from a terrible night. I literally could not pull together more than two straight kills. Just nothing went right. And I finally got myself a care package, looked on the mini map and saw blue triangles where I was at and proceeded to mark a spot to get my package.

Out of the blue someone from the other team kills me and takes my package. The rage I felt last night was something I haven't felt playing an FPS game in a long time.

I'm not really having fun with the game. I think I'll finish the SP campaign and trade it in while the value is still relatively high. I try everything but I am constantly dying. I use the exo and run and jump around the map, I die. I slow down and take it slow and camp a little, I die. No matter how I try to play the game I'm just not succeeding.

This might literally be the worst game I have ever played. Just had a game where my bullets WOULD NOT REGISTER. SO FUN. A+++++++++++++++++ WOULD BUY AGAIN!

The Beard

How do you do it with Goliath ? I can punch with R3, but I can't jump ?

I was just venting from a terrible night. I literally could not pull together more than two straight kills. Just nothing went right. And I finally got myself a care package, looked on the mini map and saw blue triangles where I was at and proceeded to mark a spot to get my package.

Out of the blue someone from the other team kills me and takes my package. The rage I felt last night was something I haven't felt playing an FPS game in a long time.

I'm not really having fun with the game. I think I'll finish the SP campaign and trade it in while the value is still relatively high. I try everything but I am constantly dying. I use the exo and run and jump around the map, I die. I slow down and take it slow and camp a little, I die. No matter how I try to play the game I'm just not succeeding.

This is pretty much me. I haven't raged this much over a game since... The last COD probably, lol.

I'm probably going to trade it too, but waiting for the first patch just to make sure.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Netcode is killing me today. I'm jumping all over the place like goddamn Nightcrawler with 3 full bars. All I need is a *BAMF* sfx to make it complete.

I was initially into this game, but now I'm kind of over it. The single player totally wore out its welcome by the end. Big scripted set pieces are icing, not cake. Multiplayer is down almost all of the time for me, and when it's up the maps are too small for how many jet-packing players there are. I've spent the most time playing survival, which is poorly balanced and is also down all of the time. Looks like I'll be skipping another 5 CODs after this.

just finished campaign. Nice graphics, but Ops2 campaign is more enjoyable

Just played multi lvl 1 end of the match lvl 6. I like the new freedom of movement of the game

Collpase is actually pretty hard on veteran, stuck for the first time in the game. Story spoilers for late game
Spacey's random heel turn was hilarious

Loving the bulldog w/silencer. The range is surprisingly good. I just wish it wasn't level 43 to unlock fast hands and 25 double kills to unlock extended mags.

wrongway

That shockwave shotgun's a lot of fun. Hit my first prestige and thought I'd try it. Coupled with Light Weight, Fast Hands, and plenty of boost spam, it really racks up the kills. Need to get Gung Ho now for maximum derp.
Ta1VBr4.gif

That shockwave shotgun's a lot of fun. Hit my first prestige and thought I'd try it. Coupled with Light Weight, Fast Hands, and plenty of boost spam, it really racks up the kills. Need to get Gung Ho now for maximum derp.
Ta1VBr4.gif

Gung ho actually destroys in this game with the tac 19. I posted in this thread a couple of times about it. Once you get really good with the exo suit abilities it crushes

Anyone else think it's the easiest COD on Veteran?
Outside of a few scripted sections that are annoyingly luck based(ie, you spawn and either instantly die or the helicopter/car/etc misses) it definitely is. The days of World at War are thankfully over it seems given Black Ops 2 was pretty easy on veteran as well. Need to finish Ghosts one of these days just to do so as I've finished all of the other games on the difficulty.

Lima

Just unlocked the tier 4 map in exo survival and played riot. Shit those zombies are fun and the cutscene preview for the zombie mode was hella awesome. Definitely gonna buy that DLC once it hits.

One last achievement left, playing 50 exo rounds. Eh I had enough of the mode. I will just do the cook grenade and die method.

Top Bottom