• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I was just venting from a terrible night. I literally could not pull together more than two straight kills. Just nothing went right. And I finally got myself a care package, looked on the mini map and saw blue triangles where I was at and proceeded to mark a spot to get my package.

Out of the blue someone from the other team kills me and takes my package. The rage I felt last night was something I haven't felt playing an FPS game in a long time.

I'm not really having fun with the game. I think I'll finish the SP campaign and trade it in while the value is still relatively high. I try everything but I am constantly dying. I use the exo and run and jump around the map, I die. I slow down and take it slow and camp a little, I die. No matter how I try to play the game I'm just not succeeding.
Unfortunately SH has done the unthinkable and essentially allowed only one playstyle. Anyone not running and gunning is going to be severely punished. You know it's bad when they've added a counter to suppressed weapons, effectively killing stealthy play unless you go melee only.

It's too late to vote with your wallet, but by trading it in you're preventing at least one potential sale they'd get. I'd normally say take a breath and wait out a patch, but there's simply no way they can fix the issues present without a huge, huge overhaul, which has never been done before.

eek5

Just unlocked the tier 4 map in exo survival and played riot. Shit those zombies are fun and the cutscene preview for the zombie mode was hella awesome. Definitely gonna buy that DLC once it hits.

One last achievement left, playing 50 exo rounds. Eh I had enough of the mode. I will just do the cook grenade and die method.

what is this about cooking grenades and dying?

Netcode is killing me today. I'm jumping all over the place like goddamn Nightcrawler with 3 full bars. All I need is a *BAMF* sfx to make it complete.

The latency range for 4 bar must be huge. I'm west coast and I play with a friend on the east coast. We rarely both have 4 bar btut in AW we're pretty much always 4 bar together. When I'm 3 bar it is pretty much unplayable like you experienced.

Lol none. How do I know if I was host?
You'd be the first in the room and gave 4 bars. But being host is not a good thing, it means you'll get the heaviest dose of lag compensation. Throttling your connection to make tour ping and connection overall worse, helps tremendously.

Did anybody get a destiny blacksmith shader for preordering the game? I didn't and realized I really wanted one since I play destiny more. If anybody has one to trade, PM me :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone knows any "fixes" to crashes? the game just suddenly started crashing all over the place in the
aircraft carrier
level after the
san francisco bridge
level, this is Ghosts all over again and I really dont want to have to rollback my nvidia driver again, it was a pain to do last time

its really bumming me out because I was loving the game. also that level in general seems to run like ass, I had to turn off supersampling completely to keep it at 60

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Had the most fun I've had in this game today running a shotgun setup, it felt like old CoD again. The amount of abuse I was getting was hillerious and honestly added to my enjoyment.

v1lla21

Nice, what 13 did you pick for your load out?
pVIsERLh.jpg

ywezRY.gif

yXwpGW.gif

the great bullet sponge of Hardened Difficulty

I think I have a BB gun equip

Those guys take full clips on Normal too, they're annoying as hell. I don't really understand them. They don't carry any better weapons than their comrades, they just have better armour it seems...so why didn't Atlas just give that armour to all it's troops?

woen

I hate people using the invisibility ability, but I looove to kill them, even if you can barely see them. Most of them don't know how to use it by the way. Or don't know how to the exo moves, which gives you an advantage when you are moving across the map.

Veteran is like regular mode in some older COD's .

I think in general it's a fair challenge. With CoD's Veteran you either get that or you get the shit that's just cheap. I'd argue that Treyarch are especially guilty of making cheap campaigns on that difficulty. WaW's ridiculous grenade parade or the hallway from Executive Order in BO are good examples of that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nothing from a supply drop expires other than XP bonus or Care Package which gets used up the next match.

The items that expire are ones you earn for completing certain objectives, such as 5 headshots in a match.

Strange. I've had multiple Bloodshed pieces expire after a while. Both a shirt and several of the helmets that I've gotten a million times.

RS4-

Strange. I've had multiple Bloodshed pieces expire after a while. Both a shirt and several of the helmets that I've gotten a million times.

The bloodshed helmet expires after 30 mins, but it refreshes or you get one every time you get a 5 kill stream.

There's a nice mask if you get 5 headshots in a match, but that one expires too.

I am loving this game on PS4. I am suffering from some major controller slip though with the DS4's. I ordered a set of Xbox one sticks for one, and some "gel tabz" for the other to see which I like best.

Anyway.... onto a complaint

Why does the voice chat in this game sound like it's straight out of Socom for the PS2? You've got absolutely amazing quality with any chat program on the PC nowadays and we are stuck with this in 2014 on the PS4?

Top Bottom