• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The KF5 is fucking legit friends

Yall should try it, SMGs still have some life in them

People saying SMGs aren't good? I use them on the smaller maps, like Detroit and Terrace and always do well. I do think that the worst ARs are the 3 shot round burst and 4 shot round burst.

What's the consensus on the maps? I hate both Asian ones.

Cudder

pVIsERLh.jpg

I switched up my class last night to something similar to this and had much more success. Exo Abilities and Grenades are useless to me. Would much rather have extra perks. Scavenger is essential for me.

njean777

People saying SMGs aren't good? I use them on the smaller maps, like Detroit and Terrace and always do well. I do think that the worst ARs are the 3 shot round burst and 4 shot round burst.

The MP11 is awesome for me. Love using it.

DoctorZ

Well great, finally felt like playing some multiplayer and it goes down. Even bought the pro edition. I guess it's odd to think a product should function 100% of the time, oh well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I generally do substantially better with the KF5 than any other gun. I do OK with the HBR but it's rate of fire doesn't hold up for the range I usually wind up encountering people at.

legacyzero

Banned
Dont even really think I have the ambition to play this online anymore. It's kinda frustrating. one-on-one battles are even questionable to me. Exo movement doesn't have a very good flow of battle, has you being shot in the back more often than not, degrades any kind of map control, and severely degrades situational awareness (like what part of the map the enemy team is on.

Also really burnt by the misleading Dedicated Server comment. "Our proprietary 'listen' servers are top notch, no matter what time of day."

You're fucking ACTIVISION! You've made BILLIONS on this franchise. Do us a fucking solid and give us full dedi servers, you fucking penny pinchers.

I mean, the idea behind the game is compelling. I just dont think it works if the connection can't be perfect, and with these smaller maps. Having a high range of movement should automatically be given bigger map, more open maps. One GREAT thing I can say about the maps though, is the lack of symmetrical maps. It was one of the biggest things I hated about BLOPS2 is that most of the maps were almost perfectly symmetrical.

HPhins54

Neo Member
It's also down for me on PS4. Got booted from a lobby and now it says it's not available at this time. Came here to make sure it wasn't just me because my internet/ISP has a history of being complete garbage.

It's hard for me to get a good feel for the game. Last night on TDM I played a few dozen matches and almost always finished in the top 3 in the lobby. Tonight before I got kicked, I was struggling to go even using the same setup.

SOLDIER

I'm debating between the PS4 and XB1 versions. Are there any solid comparisons between the two in regards to performance and netcode? Which one has more players and which one has a smoother online?

I'm debating between the PS4 and XB1 versions. Are there any solid comparisons between the two in regards to performance and netcode? Which one has more players and which one has a smoother online?

For multiplayer, identical performance, player count should be pretty similar, PS4 has the resolution advantage.

Gorillaz

I hate the forest one the most. It feels directionless like they had to throw together an outdoor map but didn't want too.

I don't like the aesthetics on alot of maps. Color palates are ugly as sin. Detroit feels smallish at times.

It's a grey future and I ain't feeling it

legacyzero

Banned
I switched up my class last night to something similar to this and had much more success. Exo Abilities and Grenades are useless to me. Would much rather have extra perks. Scavenger is essential for me.

Hmmm.. I had considered that. The exo abilities are kinda weak.

v1lla21

Yup I actually like exo abilities but they aren't necessary. Scavenger is a must as is gung ho. Lol at scorestreaks, I've never liked them and never will. Only one I like to use is UAV.

Zabant

So I get my first free moment to play in days and I can't log in.

Is it just me or has sony's servers just been awful these past few months. This shit was barely acceptable when PSN was free, but now...

Was just playing momentum on Horizon when these 2 ass clowns glitched themselves behind a glass door near one of the flags, they could shoot out, but you couldn't shoot in.

I've got some video footage, tried taking screenshots of the video footage but PS4 won't let me. If I'm not too lazy later I'll cut it up and upload it.

SH needs to get on it with a patch to fix the issues.

Was just playing momentum on Horizon when these 2 ass clowns glitched themselves behind a glass door near one of the flags, they could shoot out, but you couldn't shoot in.

I've got some video footage, tried taking screenshots of the video footage but PS4 won't let me. If I'm not too lazy later I'll cut it up and upload it.

SH needs to get on it with a patch to fix the issues.

Had it happen to me today. PS3. Luckily was playing Kill Confirmed so my entire team ignored the area once we figured out what was going on.

Hilarious how hideous the menus are. The jittery, low-res footage in the background is beyond abysmal. This game has the budget of a small country. How hard can it be?!

Top Bottom