• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

There was a report that the PS4 version also had slight framerate dips. Was this confirmed/debunked?

There are no issues with the framerate in multiplayer on the PS4

If competitive multiplayer is your calling, Advanced Warfare has you well covered on both platforms - each servicing gameplay with a strong 60fps delivery that only occasionally flakes out. In the Xbox One's case this is due to a shader effect, and on PS4, it's from alpha buffers overlapping during a kill-cam replay. In both cases, gameplay is not impacted, with each console handing in a broadly like-for-like experience

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...nced-warfare-multiplayer-performance-analysis

akGCO47

Banned
As a player whose gotten 3+k/d on every cod. This game is just way to inconsistent. I pretty much trade for kills every time.

SeanR1221

Initial impressions are kinda....meh....

- guns sound bad
- graphics are pretty flat in multiplayer
- a lot of shit used to pop up before when getting kills. Now it's a TON of shit.

Vidpixel

Wow, my K/D dropped quite a bit after playing some rounds in Hardpoint. I do laugh when the team that wins generally seems to have a worse K/D average than the team that loses, mainly because they probably actually play to the objective, first and foremost.

AEREC

First few days I had this I was doing fine online (positive K/D)...now seems like Im lucky if I get 2-3 kills per match.

Unlocked the MK-14 (finally, a semi-auto rifle!) and was sad to see the earlier posts were true. It takes like eight shots to down someone.

Then I promptly unlocked the MK-14 Eclipse, which adds 1 to the damage. Gave it another go....

...and it's like a 4-5 shot kill.

Which is 2-3 shots too many. What a bummer--I'm all about the semi-auto rifles. I'm still playing around with the Eclipse for a bit, but I have a feeling I'm going to settle in with the IMR (or whatever it's called). Between the uselessness of the SMGs, Shotguns, et al, Call of Duty seems to be balancing its way towards a starter assault rifle singularity.

Is it a known issue that SLI is utilizing only about 50 percent of both GPUs?

Also totally didn't realize that there's single player mission set in
Seattle
:D

eek5

Initial impressions are kinda....meh....

- guns sound bad
- graphics are pretty flat in multiplayer
- a lot of shit used to pop up before when getting kills. Now it's a TON of shit.

sometimes i'll get a double kill and hear guitar riffs for 15 seconds straight.. fucking dumb lol

Hip Hop

Made an ALT account on the Xbox One which has a 1.0 k/d and low SPM.

There totally has to be skill based matchmaking here. Winning every single FFA match.

The most discouraging thing about this game is that it SUPPOSEDLY had a three-year cycle.

But playing the game, I just don't see it. So much lag in MP. Glitchers already ala the Horizon map. Small maps.

Where did that extra year go??? Or is it just bullshit?

Gorillaz

Hilarious how hideous the menus are. The jittery, low-res footage in the background is beyond abysmal. This game has the budget of a small country. How hard can it be?!

Game comes off like they pennypinched the hell out of it. Like as if they couldn't have 2 pennys to rub together after it was all said and done. UI is ugly as sin.

Spend "3 years" in development and still come up with subpar art direction and UI, brehs

Wow, my K/D dropped quite a bit after playing some rounds in Hardpoint. I do laugh when the team that wins generally seems to have a worse K/D average than the team that loses, mainly because they probably actually play to the objective, first and foremost.

It's annoying that they promote KDR in objective modes. COD is so inconsistent with some of its features, simply because different studios make them

16BitNova

I'm picking this up with the Target sale. Is there a consensus on which platform suffers less lag or are they pretty much both suffering equally? (PS4 vs Xbox One)

.J.

Banned
Hrmph

So I just beat the campaign on veteran, but none of the trophies for beating the game on any difficulty unlocked. Anyone else had this problem?

Also, in the mission select screen I can't pick anything from Collapse on.

Best SMG?

I was hoping the AMR9 was going to be good but the five round burst feels super awkward.

I find the notMP5 to be the best SMG. Amazing range when paired with Grip and Adv. Rifling and great damage that rivals the ASM1.

ASM1 is the second pick. Great damage, but I think the lower RoF for better accuracy is more of a hindrance than a bonus. SMGs need RoF for CQB effectiveness.

Jaeger

Managed to unlock the Sentinel Operator helm (minus the teeth graffiti);

uj4R5Pa.jpg

I don't have a pic of it now (at work). No clue how I got it. More than sure it was random. (got it from a Supply Drop). I was level 44.

No clue how to get this (permanently) yet;

Man, hardpoint is a lot of fun. People who are just playing team death match try other modes. I seem to get less lag and weirdness in them for some reason.

Hardpoint is shit. Run into the point, die from someone in a corner with a silenced BAL, repeat.

Done with this game until the BAL and garbage spawns are fixes. I live the core gameplay and maps, but why the FUCK does every CoD game have these shitty revenge spawns now?

sdornan

The most discouraging thing about this game is that it SUPPOSEDLY had a three-year cycle.

But playing the game, I just don't see it. So much lag in MP. Glitchers already ala the Horizon map. Small maps.

Where did that extra year go??? Or is it just bullshit?
Sledgehammer had three years to work on it and did the single player. Raven Software was responsible for the multiplayer, according to Wikipedia. Not sure how long they worked on it.

Sledgehammer had three years to work on it and did the single player. Raven Software was responsible for the multiplayer, according to Wikipedia. Not sure how long they worked on it.

Wait, what? This makes even less sense. So it took them three years just to make what most consider an average to above-averge COD campaign?

And they didn't work on MP at all?

If it was that split, shouldn't Raven be getting more of the credit/blame? Why is it all on Sledgehammer?

Duxxy3

I'm picking this up with the Target sale. Is there a consensus on which platform suffers less lag or are they pretty much both suffering equally? (PS4 vs Xbox One)

Have played the 360 version and XB1 version. Aside from the graphical differences, the 360 version played FAR worse online.

I would wager that right now, everything is performing like shit online. Maybe some are worse than others but it's like comparing a pile of shit to a pool of rotten milk.

RedAssedApe

Banned
god damnit...shut up gideon. i go afk to go to the bathroom and non stop "hurry up mitchell...come on mitchell...mitchelle do this..." lol geez

Femto.

Just got the game, played MP for an hour and I like it. Last CoD I bought was Black Ops 1

Only problem is that I suck at CoD. Any tips for the exo suit controls?

Durden77

I've been destroying lately with the akibo SAC3 SMGs. Didn't think I was gonna like them, but with Gung-Ho, overclocked ability, and laser sights and suppresors, they are beast as fuck.

d9b

Banned
Just got the game, played MP for an hour and I like it. Last CoD I bought was Black Ops 1

Play the campaign and you'll learn all you need to know about exo suit. ;)

Daffy Duck

Damn that exo suit looks sweet, might have to spend some time ploughing through the campaign on veteran to get that.

How difficult/easy is it to fully upgrade the exo suit in one playthrough?

Tinfoil hat [on]/off

Maybe the servers were off to prove to people there is dedicated servers, they can go oh hey look we had to take the servers off to roll out an update.

Tinfoil hat on/[off]

Revson

Just try and slow things down a bit when playing other players at first. Try to jump less and dash/slide more.

Also, go into a private game and familiarize yourself with the movement by running around the maps.

Top Bottom