• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Femto.

Play the campaign and you'll learn all you need to know about exo suit. ;)

Play the campaign?

1374532175_Miley-Cyrus-Utilizes-Tray_1.gif

I guess I'll have to :/

Just try and slow things down a bit when playing other players at first. Try to jump less and dash/slide more.

Also, go into a private game and familiarize yourself with the movement by running around the maps.

Is there a boost forward command? I've seen other players do it but I haven't been able to figure it out.

RedAssedApe

Banned
veteran seems to be easier than past CODs...at the very least a lot less frustrating so far. Only beat a few missions so far though...so maybe it'll go back to being cheap later on lol

veteran seems to be easier than past CODs...at the very least a lot less frustrating so far. Only beat a few missions so far though...so maybe it'll go back to being cheap later on lol

I'm halfway through the game and it's definitely easier. I barely die except when I need to attempt the level trophies multiple times. Whoever said veteran in AW is basically normal in the old CODs is pretty much right. No reason not to play the campaign on veteran if you're familiar with COD games.

Vorheez

Had a horrible, HORRIBLE night connection wise. Went on a string of 3/15, 2/12, 5/20 games and knew something was up. My enemy could take me down in 2/3 shots but I was having to put 7/8 into him. So, I threw exo stim om my guy and turned it on before every encounter. Still lost, and easily.

Which is strange because this afternoon the connection was much better and I did not, over the duration of roughly 20 matches, go under a 2.0 kd ratio. Which is normal for myself seeing as how I've played FPS multiplayer shooters my entire life and its my most played genre. I play competitively, and when I'm dying by something other than my own error... I almost have a heart attack

Say I'm exaggerating, say I suck at the game, but I know I'm not stupid. Something is very wrong with the multiplayer in this game and it's infuriating me. I should have just burned my 70 bucks because this hunk of shit ain't ever getting fixed and we all know it. We pretend amongst our hopeful discussions that some sort of patch is on its way, and though we may see SLIGHT improvements, mark my words it isn't ever gonna be playable for people like myself. Activision has our money, they already won, and my stupid ass contributed for another year.

Whoever is on the fence about a purchase, please don't. I promise you will regret it.

d9b

Banned
Had a horrible, HORRIBLE night connection wise. Went on a string of 3/15, 2/12, 5/20 games and knew something was up. My enemy could take me down in 2/3 shots but I was having to put 7/8 into him. So, I threw exo stim om my guy and turned it on before every encounter. Still lost, and easily.

Which is strange because this afternoon the connection was much better and I did not, over the duration of roughly 20 matches, go under a 2.0 kd ratio. Which is normal for myself seeing as how I've played FPS multiplayer shooters my entire life and its my most played genre. I play competitively, and when I'm dying by something other than my own error... I almost have a heart attack

Say I'm exaggerating, say I suck at the game, but I know I'm not stupid. Something is very wrong with the multiplayer in this game and it's infuriating me. I should have just burned my 70 bucks because this hunk of shit ain't ever getting fixed and we all know it. We pretend amongst our hopeful discussions that some sort of patch is on its way, and though we may see SLIGHT improvements, mark my words it isn't ever gonna be playable for people like myself. Activision has our money, they already won, and my stupid ass contributed for another year.

Whoever is on the fence about a purchase, please don't. I promise you will regret it.
I guess I'm lucky... Didn't have any lag or connection problems so far. Open NAT / PS4 (EU) - playing mostly with French, German and UK people from what I can tell. Having insane amount of fun in MP, it's spot on!

With the extra clicking of the analogue sticks and button smashing this game has given me a RSI!! I think I'll get back to Alien: Isolation instead for a bit lol.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm halfway through the game and it's definitely easier. I barely die except when I need to attempt the level trophies multiple times. Whoever said veteran in AW is basically normal in the old CODs is pretty much right. No reason not to play the campaign on veteran if you're familiar with COD games.

yeah i thought something was off. the first time i finished a level in a COD game on veteran without dying once. i selected the "lower difficulty" option in the menus just to double-check i was playing on the hardest difficulty.

for the life of me i still can't get the shooting and grenade range trophies though lol

maneil99

Your acting like a child. Funny considering the picture, you really think this game will never improve network wise? If everygame was garbage connection maybe, but the fact that there are games that wrok well for everyone (non host included) means that it can be fixed. You keep crying in this thread, expecting something to change, there is a patch coming tomorrow with network optimizations as one its main features.

Vorheez

Your acting like a child. Funny considering the picture, you really think this game will never improve network wise? If everygame was garbage connection maybe, but the fact that there are games that wrok well for everyone (non host included) means that it can be fixed. You keep crying in this thread, expecting something to change, there is a patch coming tomorrow with network optimizations as one its main features.
I'll be back in the thread tomorrow after the patch has been implemented then to throw this all back in your face when it doesn't work.

And I don't vent because I expect something to change, I expect the product to work as advertised. This was my one opportunity being a full time student/employee to enjoy some quality game time on a long weekend, but the game I bought doesn't work. That's why I'm upset. And I'll keep whining about it because I have the right to as a paying customer.

I think it's very odd that despite the moderate changes of the overall franchise the netcode has to be fixed over time after each release. Can't they just stick to one.
My last cod before aw was bo1 and after initial problems it really had a good netcode.

I tried to play the game at night with my dorm mates sleeping and the lag compensation according to observation by the kill cam is horrendous. It looks like the compensation is around 300-500ms.

Hope this gets fixed asap, because the game is really fun.

MJLord

Sentinel mission...

Sneaking around in areas there is no reason to go to, and all the NPCs are having 5 minute conversations. Why? There is a full stealth system built for one stage... The effort put into this level just seems insane.

Also:

I wasn't expecting to be able to do this. (short clip - campaign spoilers, I guess)

It's feels like there are signs of a far more ambitious game the devs wanted to make here.

Honestly if all the levels were like those two the entire campaign would be 10x better gameplay wise.

COD likes spectacle. Making them situations like that chopper instead of scripted sequences would be a much better use of their time imo.

this is the most anti-camper COD, and i love it.

see a camper lying in the corner, boost jump towards him and stomp on that goomba like Mario.

Sojgat

Honestly if all the levels were like those two the entire campaign would be 10x better gameplay wise.

COD likes spectacle. Making them situations like that chopper instead of scripted sequences would be a much better use of their time imo.

Yeah, I agree.

They could keep the cinematic presentation without making it so handholdy. At least they try to give you some more options in combat. The different AST takedowns were also nice.

Finished the campaign and I give it about a 2/10

Pretty shit and boring.

Irons should have killed them on both 2 chances he got.

serious? i thought it was pretty great. i thought it was pretty cool when the game turned into
Batman Arkham Warfare with the stealth and the grapple hook

I am also pretty sceptical at this point. It is incredibly frustrating to play this game when you know something is up with the connection. I am very interested in this patch tomorrow. Source?

MisterM

How does one get into the GAF clan? Are there separate clans for EU/US/AUS etc?

In case someone is kind enough to add me:
PS4
EU (UK)
PSN: MilesOfPower

I hope I'm not the only one who feels incredibly inconsistent in this. I generally do quite badly but then I have these moments of utter clarity, the planets all align and I go off on an amazing killstreak, popping fools over and over. This usually lasts for one round, then the next I'm back to 5/18/2 or something stupid.

Anyone else have this? I do it on Counter-Strike too although I'm generally more consistent on that than AW.

I finished the campaign today. Loved it. Fun, and with some memorable moments. As for the MP and getting much better and loving every minute of it. This is a very good COD, maybe my favourite COD ever.

d9b

Banned
I finished the campaign today. Loved it. Fun, and with some memorable moments. As for the MP and getting much better and loving every minute of it. This is a very good COD, maybe my favourite COD ever.
I'm with ya! 4 is legendary, I liked BO but this is defo one of the better COD games in the last few years.
As far as COD goes and as far as I'm concerned, it's a solid 9/10

Ensoul

I am so hot and cold in this game. I will go 5 games where I am negative and 5 games were I am positive. Probably had my best game last night. Didn't have big numbers but I did merciless.

Figured I would stop playing after that game and leave in a high note lol.

teokrazia

Man, this game, this game...
It simply does ALOT of things that I love.

It's like the Vanquish/Bulletstorm MP I always wanted, the thing that Crysis 2/3 MP tried to achieve without success, due to their atrocious hit registration, or an ideal F.E.A.R. 2 MP, without the crap gunplay & movements generated by a design too much console-protective.

Also, I definitely prefere it to Titanfall when it comes to infantry combat alone.

http://youtu.be/nuK_cv78MRE

E92 M3

Finished the campaign yesterday in one go. Definitely the easiest veteran yet. It was a fun ride overall, but still didn't surpass COD4.

Well, it has been a week since release day
zero

What are peoples thoughts on the Exo Abilities? Have people found use for any of them in certain situations/game types?

I've had a go of them all and I prefer to ditch my Exo ability for something else.

Am I missing something? Can any of the Exo Abilities actually be useful? Any 'pro' players had their say on them?

MisterM

Well, it has been a week since release day
zero

What are peoples thoughts on the Exo Abilities? Have people found use for any of them in certain situations/game types?

I've had a go of them all and I prefer to ditch my Exo ability for something else.

Am I missing something? Can any of the Exo Abilities actually be useful? Any 'pro' players had their say on them?

I've tried some of the abilities and generally ditch them for something else. Maybe when I'm feeling adventurous I'll give them another go. I've seen some good use of the riot sheild on Youtube.

d9b

Banned
Half of the time I forget that I have Exo ability. Maybe shield would be useful... Thinking about ditching it for something else myself.

IISANDERII

I am on the fence about this. I've been watching the thread and it's amazing how the game went from awesome to dogshit in a matter of days.

Top Bottom