• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Rodelero

I don't really know why I decided to buy this game, as I don't tend to impulse-buy, but there it was waiting for me last night. I wasn't especially optimistic as I haven't really enjoyed a CoD game for a lengthy period since MW, but I intrigued given the positive impressions I'd heard from many people (not that I wasn't aware of the negative impressions).

This game is, quite literally, the amalgamation of everything that is wrong with Call of Duty post Modern Warfare. There is simply no evidence that the Call of Duty developers of today understand what made Call of Duty 4 good in the first place. I started writing a long post about this, but actually I can't be bothered, I'm done wasting my time on this franchise and frankly, I feel about five-times bitten, six-times shy.

Now that I know the maps I'm getting more kills by running backwards.

Also, I would buy dlc that replaces the system hacked message with Mozart's Ghost.

DC R1D3R

Banned
I don't really know why I decided to buy this game, as I don't tend to impulse-buy, but there it was waiting for me last night. I wasn't especially optimistic as I haven't really enjoyed a CoD game for a lengthy period since MW, but I intrigued given the positive impressions I'd heard from many people (not that I wasn't aware of the negative impressions).

This game is, quite literally, the amalgamation of everything that is wrong with Call of Duty post Modern Warfare. There is simply no evidence that the Call of Duty developers of today understand what made Call of Duty 4 good in the first place. I started writing a long post about this, but actually I can't be bothered, I'm done wasting my time on this franchise and frankly, I feel about five-times bitten, six-times shy.

lol ohh damn

hopefully you'll enjoy the campaign....at the very least.

BokehKing

Banned

They can and will never go back to cod4 style all the way for the simple fact that the 'new' people that came along with with Modern Warfare 2 are in the majority still.

What people would generally call 'broken' they consider 'fun'

What you would consider annoying they would consider 'the best part'.

Unbalanced weapons? They want to know why they are no longer in there?

The ability to lay down more than 2 claymore every 4 seconds with scavenger? "they should never have taken that out"

To them... If COD4 released today, the bare bones beauty that it is.. They would say the game fell off and sucks and would never buy it again.

Guys, my AW download on X1 is around 70% and I still can't play the game. I read the game should be playable at 20%. Is there something wrong with my download?

Ensoul

I think with this patch they made the cammos easier to obtain. You don't need like 300 head shots to unlock some cammos.

aravuus

At least it doesn't have overpowered killstreaks leading to other overpowered killstreaks

Kaspanova

Neo Member
Played 20-30 matches at level 50, not getting XP while i wait to prestige, because PS4 patch! Patch happens and its all rainbows, Katy Perry's Roar and fist pumping while I prestige.

I prestige and everything i havent unlocked is reset. Counters all at 0. I feel lied to Sledgehammer. Im a sad Zack

bXFS3.gif

HelloMeow

I'm usually the one to say that there aren't as many cheaters as some people think, but I've come across about 10 cheaters today. It's ridiculous.

I think I've seen more cheaters in the last 2 days in AW than I have seen in total in BO2.

I'm getting tired of how almost every Domination flag has zero cover and how tiny the capture radius is for them. It makes it suicide to try and take a point by yourself, which always happens in pubs.

Ensoul

I'm getting tired of how almost every Domination flag has zero cover and how tiny the capture radius is for them. It makes it suicide to try and take a point by yourself, which always happens in pubs.

I agree. That is why I am getting lit up playing domination and momentum. I go for objectives and I end up lit. I ended up going like 25-48 and never get any defends or captures.

Also, even though you cannot see people's stats I am convinced people are playing those modes just to boost their k/d ratio.

I agree. That is why I am getting lit up playing domination and momentum. I go for objectives and I end up lit. I ended up going like 25-48 and never get any defends or captures.

Also, even though you cannot see people's stats I am convinced people are playing those modes just to boost their k/d ratio.
I can play Momentum defensively (camping the flag basically) and end up going like 50-20. In Dom I always try to take flags, and I usually go positive, but just barely, after learning the typical avenues of approach people take.

They really do... esp B flag on a bunch of maps. How about B flag on Solar. Bah-hahaha what a joke. "I know... lets put B down there surrounded by 6 ingress points and complete coverage by higher ground positions so it's like shooting fish in a barrel! Brilliant!" - SHgames

They really do... esp B flag on a bunch of maps. How about B flag on Solar. Bah-hahaha what a joke. "I know... lets put B down there surrounded by 6 ingress points and complete coverage by higher ground positions so it's like shooting fish in a barrel! Brilliant!" - SHgames
I've actually been in matches where B on Solar isn't taken for half of each round.

I can't stand that the lag is so bad still. It's been, what, 7 or 8 years since COD4? Why the fuck am i still getting killed when i've already turned a corner and taken like 3 steps out of the enemy's sight?

Ensoul

I can play Momentum defensively (camping the flag basically) and end up going like 50-20. In Dom I always try to take flags, and I usually go positive, but just barely, after learning the typical avenues of approach people take.

I go after flags in momentum which is why I am going negative. Guess I have to play defense instead.

I can't stand that the lag is so bad still. It's been, what, 7 or 8 years since COD4? Why the fuck am i still getting killed when i've already turned a corner and taken like 3 steps out of the enemy's sight?

Its actually worse than Battlefield 4 before the Big Patch. I didn't think that was possible. But I regularly get killed around corners.

I love this game when it works, but it doesn't work often enough.

Even though I've loved some of the games after CoD4, I empathize with you. Every CoD seems to be such a stark departure from the last one, that it's hard not feel burned by the series at some point in time.

I've actually been in matches where B on Solar isn't taken for half of each round.

Yeah f' that flag lol... our team takes and keeps (or tries to lol) A and C on Solar. I wont go in there and get grenade or shot by a dude up top, or in the pipe, or that other hole in the wall across from it.. or....

biteren

whats the preferred firearm of GAF?

im going with 2, the HBRa3 and ASM1 (waiting on a variant on this one but one of my favs)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone having issues joining games on xbox one right now? Got the update but it times out now trying to join games.

im going with 2, the HBRa3 and ASM1 (waiting on a variant on this one but one of my favs)

ASM takes to many bullets to kill.

AK and BAL are really the best choices. HBR doesn't have enough range to compare to those two. Also, HBR has more recoil.

AK and BAL are by and far so OP it's not even funny. I dont use them because i enjoy the challenge/experience of unique or more "interesting" weapons... but that's like 99% of what i see online.... BAL/AK. I'd be curious to see the stats on population use.

I tried to use the EM1 and IMR exclusively but I'd constantly lose firefights with people using the Bal and AK, so I gave in and now I use the Bal or KF5.

purg3

slept with Malkin
working now for me after quitting and restarting. game does feel better after the patch, and hitmarkers and kills seem more reasonable than before.

Bal-27 is the best gun in the game hands down. Great damage, good RoF, amazing range and recoil, etc.

All you need is probably Extended Mags, Stock, or an optic and you are set with that gun. Its only downside is not having more ammo honestly.

Its probably going to be the first gun on the chopping board when SH has to address the bad gun balance.

mbmonk

I have had some limited success using smoke nades. I had to manually detonate them because otherwise it takes way to long to actually create smoke. But even that isn't really useful. People just nade the area when it's smoked :)

FeD.nL

Finally found a setup that works for me (2.0 k/d minimum past 10 matches):

Bulldog + laser sight
Tier 1: lightweight + low profile
Tier 2: Gung-Ho
Tier 3: Scavenger + Blast suppresor
Stun grenade x2
UAV (extra points, faster pings, support)
Care package (better contents, reroll, support)

Gung-Ho is so much fun, I almost get some UT2K4 Flak Cannon vibes.

biteren

ASM takes to many bullets to kill.

AK and BAL are really the best choices. HBR doesn't have enough range to compare to those two. Also, HBR has more recoil.

ASM1 is great for the run and gun kind of game play, i was blowing people away with it

hmm, i dunno. i out range people with the HBRa3 alot, it might help that the "Average Joe" variant has increased damage, currently sitting as my most used weapon

biteren

Bal-27 is the best gun in the game hands down. Great damage, good RoF, amazing range and recoil, etc.

All you need is probably Extended Mags, Stock, or an optic and you are set with that gun. Its only downside is not having more ammo honestly.

Its probably going to be the first gun on the chopping board when SH has to address the bad gun balance.

i must be a wierdo then, i have the most trouble getting good K/D with this weapon

Anyone looking for an active (daily) PS4 clan, hit me with a PM. We have about 18 pretty active members, and typically run two teams of 6 on a nightly basis. Ronin Assassin's is the name. Let me know! We all keep in touch via WhatsApp, too, so that we can coordinate matches, clan wars, etc. None of us are terribly good (1.0 k/d - 2.2 k/d), but we all typically use mics and we usually win. TDM is our maintstay, but we do objective playlists too. Over and out!

Top Bottom