• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

RS4-

re: the shit ass survival mode, if I do the whole thing locally, I get the unlocks for online?

Because my online progress doesn't count towards my local stuff lol.

GravyButt

Cold blooded makes the name tag disappear, what you could be seeing is one of your teammates behind the enemy.

I dunno, wouldn't be surprised if it was hacked already.

I was thinking that too, because I run cold blooded, but there were a few times where there was only a wall behind the guy.

But yet again maybe its lag and it just doesnt show up, I dunno, hasnt happened a lot but enough for me to notice.

Yes all of that and more. I've never had problems remotely this bad in 2000 hours over 7 other COD's.

Did nothing for me. I'm just amazed that I can bounce around from shooter to shooter and not get these issues, but yet the biggest shooter of them all gives me all sorts issues with it's netcode.

That's unfortunate to hear, was really hoping they'd jump on this aggressively but I just can't shake the feeling they don't care. I saw Glen was already preemptively shooting out the classic "very few people have this issue" BS tweets, so everyone should align their expectations accordingly.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That's unfortunate to hear, was really hoping they'd jump on this aggressively but I just can't shake the feeling they don't care. I saw Glen was already preemptively shooting out the classic "very few people have this issue" BS tweets, so everyone should align their expectations accordingly.

Yeah it sucks I wasted 60 bucks but atleast Dragon Age comes out next week. I should be able to sink some decent time into that.

Danomeon

Neo Member
I ran into a bug today, was wondering if anyone else has encountered it.

Campaign, third mission, during the traffic sequence when you get knocked off the truck and are hanging down by your arm, with a pistol in your hand. You have to shoot the guys behind you.

I can't do anything. Moving the joystick does nothing, I can't hit the right trigger to shoot, every combination of button presses produces no result. I can pause, though, and all of the buttons work absolutely fine in the pause menu.

Dying a number of times hasn't helped. Resetting the game and the console hasn't helped. The only option I have left is to play the mission from the beginning, and I really don't want to have to do that.

Anyone know a fix?

Thomaticus`

Neo Member
I tried the game post new patch. One game of TDM horrible connection, and then I played Hardcore TDM and everything was good. I'll have to keep playing to see if the patch improved the lag.

You have a good match, and you think it's skill. Every match I question the outcome, because you don't know if it was skill, or just the connection being in your favor.

Platinum'd the game. Pretty easy if you can get someone to invite you to a private exo survival match on Riot. Had a lot of fun with the game. Probably in my top 3 of COD games altogether. I still had fun with the multiplayer in spite of the connection issues.

Could also be that my expectations from a COD game dropped severely after the turd that was Ghosts.

zeelman

One of my friends is in Texas, and I'm in Illinois. While he was in a game, I went into TDM. The matchmaking put me into his game.

He logged off after that game, so I tried matchmaking TDM again. I tried 3 times, and each game gave me a fluctuating connection. It just kept jumping between 1-4 bars every 10 seconds or so.

This patch didn't help me at all. :(

I was thinking that too, because I run cold blooded, but there were a few times where there was only a wall behind the guy.

But yet again maybe its lag and it just doesnt show up, I dunno, hasnt happened a lot but enough for me to notice.

Not sure what to tell you, could definitely be the lag then. What are you playing on?

I know PS3 and 360 would have hackers before the game was officially released, not so much on new gen though.

I just realized the made the speaking onthe mic text smaller.

Also, has anyone ever run into anyone glitching inside an elevator on Hover? The guy was somehow inside, and could shoot out, but no one could shoot in. Was really frustrating.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Also, has anyone ever run into anyone glitching inside an elevator on Hover? The guy was somehow inside, and could shoot out, but no one could shoot in. Was really frustrating.

You can just crouch-walk into that elevator. Either avoid the room, or equip hard shield and bash the motherfucker.

Josh378

WTF is going on with these developers and releasing these buggy games/bad net codes. AW is unplayable for me now. My Knifer build is useless with bad lag, and it takes literally 8 seconds from me to switch from main to secondary weapon. my K/D went from 1.12 to 0.80 due to lag. Great game, good single-player story-line. Multiplayer could be fun but this lag is ridiculous. I'll wait until they fix the netcode for the PS4 version, then I will jump back in. (goes back to playing the last of us)

Unfortunately, yes. I wish there was an option to simply set mute on by default, as I'm one of those people that never want to hear strangers talk online ever.

Sometimes multiples times per match if people quit and new players with mics join, or somebody turns their mic on after you muted. I could live with little annoyances like this if the game was completely broken.
Good lord.

I've started to create a party just for myself so I don't have to hear anyone. You still see their names pop up when they talk but at least now the font is smaller.

jeffc919

Did they at least move it so it's no longer in the center of the screen, or is it still in the same place but with a smaller font?

lordxar

If you're looking for bigger install base. This was the player count as of yesterday.

CnjCSog.jpg

That's a couple people playing, wow!

kendrid

Banned
I really hate how I keep getting the same few maps over and over. It has been a week and there are maps I have only played one time. Rooms I am in people often pick 'random' but it is always the same damn maps.

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
I ran into a bug today, was wondering if anyone else has encountered it.

Campaign, third mission, during the traffic sequence when you get knocked off the truck and are hanging down by your arm, with a pistol in your hand. You have to shoot the guys behind you.

I can't do anything. Moving the joystick does nothing, I can't hit the right trigger to shoot, every combination of button presses produces no result. I can pause, though, and all of the buttons work absolutely fine in the pause menu.

Dying a number of times hasn't helped. Resetting the game and the console hasn't helped. The only option I have left is to play the mission from the beginning, and I really don't want to have to do that.

Anyone know a fix?

I had the same problem on PC. The only fix was restarting the mission, sadly.

Dubz

On the X1 it says that the cod aw service is not available. Please try again later. Has xbox Live been borked by halo?

WTF is going on with these developers and releasing these buggy games/bad net codes. AW is unplayable for me now. My Knifer build is useless with bad lag, and it takes literally 8 seconds from me to switch from main to secondary weapon. my K/D went from 1.12 to 0.80 due to lag. Great game, good single-player story-line. Multiplayer could be fun but this lag is ridiculous. I'll wait until they fix the netcode for the PS4 version, then I will jump back in. (goes back to playing the last of us)

Might be your connection. I played quite a bit today on PS4 with no issues at all.

I will say it is iffy though. When the connection is bad you WILL feel it, and you will get wrecked. When you have a good connection it's the opposite. Wish they'd just have dedis.

jediyoshi

Not sure how you could stand either game with their awful netcodes or any other Call of Duty or any other online multiplayer game pretty much.

Tokubetsu

I see they made KC now 85 tags which I think is to much just make it 75 just like TDM.

Yeah 85 is too much. I had 3 draws today, ridiculous. Most of the time, wins are decided by timeouts now too.

Did have one game though where I went 28 and 8. Called 3 system hacks in fairly quick succession too. Good times.

So what the hell is going on with this game? I picked it up the PS4 version Friday and finally got around to playing some MP matches today.

First two matches outright freeze the game mid-match and I have to close app and restart it. I'm on a decent connection so I'm not having any lag issues. I just updated the firmware to 2.02.

I'll try again but I can't believe it just outright froze up twice in a row.

Got a few games in after my freeze issues and had zero problems after that.

After a couple of late night games though it seems like this game is a bit too fast paced for the pot smoker crowd because holy shit are they terrible.

Hamlet

I just realized the made the speaking onthe mic text smaller.

Yep happens quite a bit in Infected for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom