• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

So, I'm honked off. This title is rated M for Mature. Profanity and other colorful metaphors are usually involved. I had made an emblem that was a blue "Hello my name is:" sticker and the name was "Bitch". Yeah, it got reported and I'm told if I get reported again, they'll ban me from using it. Really, for "Bitch" in a game that contains much worse profanity?

Mmmkay.

Immature, yes, but I was having fun with the emblem. Offensive? Hardly. Only thing I can think of is that after a few rounds of me ending up on top and the fact that I'm on the microphone on XBL as a female, people reported it.

So this makes me wonder, do they actually check those reports to see what the offending material? I only ask because my friend made an emblem in BO2 that was a toothpaste container squeezing out onto a toothbrush with an O face, that was banned.

Just doesn't make a lick of sense to me considering the rating on the box.

I've reported emblems that I've found offensive before. I've already reported a few Nazi swastikas and if I see any I'd report ones containing dicks/nudity too like I always did in BO2. Though luckily I haven't seen any so far.

Stuff like yours though I've never reported.

Durden77

Wait...so if I do exo survival local, does it not count towards my online progress?

What the fuck. Me and a buddy did like 70 waves last night on Bio Lab and unlocked tier 2, but none of those stats show when I go online, and tier 2 is still locked.

I've reported emblems that I've found offensive before. I've already reported a few Nazi swastikas and if I see any I'd report ones containing dicks/nudity too like I always did in BO2. Though luckily I haven't seen any so far.

Stuff like yours though I've never reported.

And that's what really annoys me. There will be much more offensive emblems that never get reported or ones that are fun without being lewd or totally profanity laced and be left alone along the same lines as mine!

Obviously it's good to get rid of the Nazi ones and other hate symbols (I've seen trees and people hanging unfortunately), but really "Bitch"? C'mon man!

Many women consider bitch to be just as bad as racial slurs, so maybe one reported you. Though its more likely some misogynistic dudebro reported you for killing him.

As for the challenges resetting on prestige apparently it wasn't suposed to be in the last console patch, its coming in the next one. The patch was split in two on the consoles.

Probably a dudebro and they probably removed it because of what you say. No one bats an eye at the near naked females on emblems though, just mine!

IISANDERII

So, I'm honked off. This title is rated M for Mature. Profanity and other colorful metaphors are usually involved. I had made an emblem that was a blue "Hello my name is:" sticker and the name was "Bitch". Yeah, it got reported and I'm told if I get reported again, they'll ban me from using it. Really, for "Bitch" in a game that contains much worse profanity?

Mmmkay.

Immature, yes, but I was having fun with the emblem. Offensive? Hardly. Only thing I can think of is that after a few rounds of me ending up on top and the fact that I'm on the microphone on XBL as a female, people reported it.

So this makes me wonder, do they actually check those reports to see what the offending material? I only ask because my friend made an emblem in BO2 that was a toothpaste container squeezing out onto a toothbrush with an O face, that was banned.

tumblr_n0hsfx3MYV1sdqajoo1_400.gif

tumblr_n0hsfx3MYV1sdqajoo2_400.gif

tumblr_n0hsfx3MYV1sdqajoo3_400.gif

tumblr_n0hsfx3MYV1sdqajoo4_400.gif

tumblr_n0hsfx3MYV1sdqajoo5_400.gif

Sez

Wait...so if I do exo survival local, does it not count towards my online progress?

What the fuck. Me and a buddy did like 70 waves last night on Bio Lab and unlocked tier 2, but none of those stats show when I go online, and tier 2 is still locked.

Just came here to say this. I played more than 225 waves across all maps in LAN/offline modes and to my surprise I didn't get the zombie stuff and also didn't unlocked the maps on online.

Really stupid move to separate everything. At least the maps should be available now in online. Well, I guess I'll never have the zombie stuff.

RS4-

Just came here to say this. I played more than 225 waves across all maps in LAN/offline modes and to my surprise I didn't get the zombie stuff and also didn't unlocked the maps on online.

Really stupid move to separate everything. At least the maps should be available now in online. Well, I guess I'll never have the zombie stuff.

Yeah, just found out this morning that you should do private match and not local.

I tried to do tier 1 using the map exploit on Retreat, but the last enemy always hides behind a pillar. Doesn't help that not all enemies swarm towards you as well.

I hate how the game will be fine for one match, connect to the next match and be laggy as shit, and then sort of normal the next game, be fine the next and then be shitty. Just... christ...

HelloMeow

I hate how the game will be fine for one match, connect to the next match and be laggy as shit, and then sort of normal the next game, be fine the next and then be shitty. Just... christ...

It's almost as if it's by design. It's either incompetence or deliberate sabotage to compress the skill gap.

hmmmm look what poped in my youtube feed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbmfH8LfQS8

Drift0r takes a look at the BAL to see if it really is OP

I really do think the other guns do need buffing, especially other assault rifles. I do agree on giving the ARs weaker hip fire because they would be more cumbersome to move around and fire, but the SMGs should be better because they are more compact, lighter and easier to control at the hip.

In Hardcore TDM, an AK should NEVER give a hit marker with a headshot, let alone THREE. It's not only happened to me on various occasions, but to those playing in the groups I wander with as well.

Newlove

Does anyone feel the MP is just too fast? I really struggle to do well in this game, normally come out going negative because of people killing me from behind or up high all the time and I have no idea of how to improve. That's the most frustrating thing. I've been pretty consistently good in previous games but AW...something just isn't clicking. It's so hard to kill people who are jumping and boosting constantly. You need to use Assault Rifles or your k/d will plummet. My K/D is so much worse than any other game in the franchise, usually bottom of the team with a terrible score. Very frustrating.

Does anyone feel the MP is just too fast? I really struggle to do well in this game, normally come out going negative because of people killing me from behind or up high all the time and I have no idea of how to improve. That's the most frustrating thing. I've been pretty consistently good in previous games but AW...something just isn't clicking. It's so hard to kill people who are jumping and boosting constantly. You need to use Assault Rifles or your k/d will plummet. My K/D is so much worse than any other game in the franchise, usually bottom of the team with a terrible score. Very frustrating.

this is going to sound weird, but if it feels too fast...slow down. walk more, sit still for a bit, keep a watchful eye on the map. until you feel comfortable, don't rush. don't go into open areas unless youre absolutely 100 % certain there are no enemies nearby

At the beginning of the match, let others rush ahead and follow behind them. Learn where the conflicts begin in each map and pay attention to where the enemy is when it starts. most importantly, don't get mad because someone killed you and then rush back out to the battlefield. that's just asking to be shot up real fast.

It is fast and frenetic but that's why I love it.

Like Freedom says, it's not the only way to play though. You can crouch, take your time and keep a low profile and catch the crazy people by surprise if you want.

Try playing an objective based game like Domination if you're not already. Don't worry about K/D, just focus on defending flags and going for enemy flags where there's not already a bunch of shit going on.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
this is going to sound weird, but if it feels too fast...slow down. walk more, sit still for a bit, keep a watchful eye on the map. until you feel comfortable, don't rush. don't go into open areas unless youre absolutely 100 % certain there are no enemies nearby

At the beginning of the match, let others rush ahead and follow behind them. Learn where the conflicts begin in each map and pay attention to where the enemy is when it starts. most importantly, don't get mad because someone killed you and then rush back out to the battlefield. that's just asking to be shot up real fast.

Slowing down helps very little in a game where you get shot in the back every time you stop for more than 3 seconds.

biteren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMIVa0D7BY&list=UUk8cNb10L5rmV9xB13ADCWA

maybe this might help

EDIT: keep in mind this video is very early so his info on how to side boost is incorrect

Newlove

Alchemist

I'm thinking about trading this in..

Was the latest patch on PS4 supposed to fix the connections? I know it's only been a week but MP feels like Black Ops II all over again (unplayable).

In Hardcore TDM, an AK should NEVER give a hit marker with a headshot, let alone THREE. It's not only happened to me on various occasions, but to those playing in the groups I wander with as well.

Last week my buddy and I did a private match and did a test. It takes three headshots with us standing right next to eachother with the BAL to get a headshot. Its such BS

EDIT: This was in regular match and health, not HC

Vol5

urgh. Decided to give the MP game another chance but I just end up feeling cheated and quitting in frustration.

The maps really are my biggest issue with the game, lag aside. There's too many lanes into everywhere and you never feel as if your in control. One has a hall area with a craft hovering that has SIX corridors as well as a glass roof that people can shoot at you through. How is this fair by anyone's standards? Greenbelt - shapes for shapes sake and again a myriad of ways around the map. Zero flow. Anyone can and will get you from anywhere. Pretty much all the maps are designed like this. They are just too open. I'm sick to death of being gunned down from anywhere I care to go. I'm watching a door and some steps and another door, but it doesn't fucking matter because I've been shot from above. I consider myself an above average COD player. I learn the maps, understand the choke points, take advantage of certain areas....there's nothing like this in AW and it's probably due to the exo suit. I'm not even sure you could successfully merge the exo suit abilities with tighter maps....

I'm out I'm afraid. I'm level 44 and I've given it a fair shot. It's getting traded in.

Bal-27 is the best gun in the game hands down. Great damage, good RoF, amazing range and recoil, etc.

All you need is probably Extended Mags, Stock, or an optic and you are set with that gun. Its only downside is not having more ammo honestly.

Its probably going to be the first gun on the chopping board when SH has to address the bad gun balance.

It's definitely the best gun, I haven't even bothered with anything else. I hope they don't try and nerf it or something, it's great how it is.

Chabbles

Dont let the frustration get to you, you get into that mindset and you may as well turn it off because you'll get your ass handed to you. If you get killed multiple times in quick succession, specially when starting a session, try laugh it off and keep going because when it rains its pours and you start getting clusters of kills in a row if you keep at it.

I wish driftor would stop avoiding shotgun talk and just do a video on why most "shotguns are op" people need to stop ruining the shotgun class.

xKryll

Neo Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I remember local play has never counted towards online progression? That would just cause people to sit in local with a split-screen and boost their stats without actually doing anything

Mmmkay.

People will do anything to punish you when you're on top. do poorly and I can assure it will never get reported, ha.

shuri

Banned
I got a game stopping bug in the the Greece Mission. As soon as the cutscene ends, I am sitting at a table with a woman and as soon as the woman looks at me, the game insta-freeze with a looping buzzing sound.

There's no way to skip this.

Top Bottom