• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

njean777

Did they fuck with the netcode at all because now I am getting all sorts of bullshit deaths. Literally this whole night I have not been able to go positive in any match. My kd dropped from a 1.35 to a 1.3. And I have noticed that the bullshit I pump 5-6 bullets into them and they just turn around and shoot me once shit is starting to happen now for me.

The Beard

Did they fuck with the netcode at all because now I am getting all sorts of bullshit deaths. Literally this whole night I have not been able to go positive in any match. My kd dropped from a 1.35 to a 1.3. And I have noticed that the bullshit I pump 5-6 bullets into them and they just turn around and shoot me once shit is starting to happen now for me.

Not that I'm aware of. Did you happen to improve your internet recently ?

Shitty connections are rewarded handsomely in this game.

Vidpixel

I don't know what it is, but I just can't really get into the multiplayer in this. I was having a blast at first, but now, I can't even conjure up the energy to play more than a few matches in a row before becoming a bit bored.

Ground War is pretty fun in this game. I died a lot, but I also got lots of points.
I wish there was a Dom and Momentum only GW playlist.

Also, where the heck is the Mercenary Moshpit playlist? As someone who typically runs lone wolf, MMP in the past was a great way to avoid getting pubstomped.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Do people purposefully bork/slow their connection to receive lag advantage?

Hasn't worked since MW3 AFAIK, although people probably still try. Sadly only the people with truly bad connections can have an advantage.

maybe they should change to a system where people host lobbies and people pick and choose which ones they want to play in. you can see the host's connection quality, map selection and everything.

I don't know what it is, but I just can't really get into the multiplayer in this. I was having a blast at first, but now, I can't even conjure up the energy to play more than a few matches in a row before becoming a bit bored.

I know what you mean. For me at least, the game becomes pretty redundant fast.

njean777

maybe they should change to a system where people host lobbies and people pick and choose which ones they want to play in. you can see the host's connection quality, map selection and everything.

Or they could stop being cheap and actually have dedicated servers that fucking work. This is unacceptable at this point.

Not that I'm aware of. Did you happen to improve your internet recently ?

Shitty connections are rewarded handsomely in this game.

Haven't upgraded my internet at all. I have 120mbs down and 10mb up. It was fine for me the first week, but now it has turned into a real shit show since then update yesterday...

Cudder

urgh. Decided to give the MP game another chance but I just end up feeling cheated and quitting in frustration.

The maps really are my biggest issue with the game, lag aside. There's too many lanes into everywhere and you never feel as if your in control. One has a hall area with a craft hovering that has SIX corridors as well as a glass roof that people can shoot at you through. How is this fair by anyone's standards? Greenbelt - shapes for shapes sake and again a myriad of ways around the map. Zero flow. Anyone can and will get you from anywhere. Pretty much all the maps are designed like this. They are just too open. I'm sick to death of being gunned down from anywhere I care to go. I'm watching a door and some steps and another door, but it doesn't fucking matter because I've been shot from above. I consider myself an above average COD player. I learn the maps, understand the choke points, take advantage of certain areas....there's nothing like this in AW and it's probably due to the exo suit. I'm not even sure you could successfully merge the exo suit abilities with tighter maps....

I'm out I'm afraid. I'm level 44 and I've given it a fair shot. It's getting traded in.

Pretty much why I hate this game online. The actual game design in multiplayer is trash. There are no choke points on maps, no areas that have a higher concentration of battles, everything is way too random. Aside from that most of the scorestreaks are manually controlled and not fun to use at all. And because I never feel safe ANYWHERE on ANY map, I never even want to use the scorestreaks because I know I'm just going to get killed while probably not even getting a kill with the streak.

The randomness to where everyone spawns throws out any reason to have so many game modes in the first place as every match in every mode plays out the same. No consistency to anything.

Black Ops 2, while having some of the same issues as AW like lag comp, at least had memorable and well designed maps, and I actually felt like I was in control of how well I did in that game.

njean777

Pretty much why I hate this game online. The actual game design in multiplayer is trash. There are no choke points on maps, no areas that have a higher concentration of battles, everything is way too random. Aside from that most of the scorestreaks are manually controlled and not fun to use at all. And because I never feel safe ANYWHERE on ANY map, I never even want to use the scorestreaks because I know I'm just going to get killed while probably not even getting a kill with the streak.

The randomness to where everyone spawns throws out any reason to have so many game modes in the first place as every match in every mode plays out the same. No consistency to anything.

Black Ops 2, while having some of the same issues as AW like lag comp, at least had memorable and well designed maps, and I actually felt like I was in control of how well I did in that game.

This is how I am starting to feel also, It was fun for the first week, but yes the maps are just terrible. I am having lag problems right now, but the randomness to where people are is really starting to bother me, the kill streaks are shit, no choke points, get flanked everywhere, etc. I hope treyarch doesn't include the suit next time around.

So how much longer until the next patch where we see server/spawn/balance fixes?

Still hoping for a TTK tweak, but I'm sure that will never happen, but at least server/spawn/gun balance should alleviate some of the frustration

biteren

dont know what to say to BAL users, i do average everytime i use it, i gotta go with HBRa3, it just feels good to me

4dde4122244010efdf9f26a9f4ce2bab.png

Finally got to get a few days of MP play in and I'm not so sure how I feel about it. The exo stuff feels cool as hell, but it makes the matches super hectic to the point where you can't really feel comfortable standing still for more than a few seconds. I mean, CoD was never super slow and strategic but having enemies able to fly at you from any angle and above can get a little too crazy for me.

wrongway

dont know what to say to BAL users, i do average everytime i use it, i gotta go with HBRa3, it just feels good to me

I'm with ya, H-Bro. While I do think the Bal might be the best gun in the game statistically, I just don't enjoy it. Rather use my HBR or AK.

I feel like hard point and domination somewhat address this because it focuses the action on a smaller part of the map and it becomes easier to attempt control and some kind of strategy.

patchday

Loved the single player I thought it was very good. Linear story and all. But simple fun

Multiplayer is really good & smooth for me. Got a 18mbps cable modem though with NAT 2 rating on my ps4. Get on my Level. Just had a 1.88 K/D streak in TDM. Not bad for a complete CoD newb

wrongway

Feel like I just wasted 60 bucks. I can't find any games... not even a full week into release. Steam version.

Seems to be really suffering tonight. I normally get games instantly, but I just played a few rounds, went AFK a few, then went to grab a few more and it took a couple minutes to fill a lobby.

edit: After my lobby filled and launched, it got stuck on "Waiting" for about 20 seconds, then it dumped me into a game that was 3/4 over. Something's being weird.

Cudder

So how much longer until the next patch where we see server/spawn/balance fixes?

Still hoping for a TTK tweak, but I'm sure that will never happen, but at least server/spawn/gun balance should alleviate some of the frustration
At this point, terrible spawns are a part of Call of Duty's DNA.

leng jai

I'm still trying to figure out how the fuck you're supposed to be strategic in this game. I could always out position or out smart people in other shooters but in this it seems impossible.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Just a heads up to anyone late to the party like me, or who knows someone that has yet to buy the game: Rakuten is selling it for around $40 shipped. I just ordered the PS4 version for $40, and it looks like you can get the Xbox One version for $41.89. Create an account with your email address, enter the promo code THANKS15, and $15 will be taken off. This works even if you have purchased something from their Rakuten/Buy.com eBay page before, so long as this is your first order on their own site. Ships from within the U.S. too.

Gorillaz

I'm still trying to figure out how the fuck you're supposed to be strategic in this game. I could always out position or out smart people in other shooters but in this it seems impossible.
Exo movement? You can create your own pathways now.

If your not a run and gun guy then you might have a problem because you can easily be flanked

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Jesus, they have removed spectating from privat lobby HC S&D. What kind of asshole move is that? It destroys the athmosphere of clan matches completely. Now when you die, you just see your spawn and not the game action itself which is imo a big part of HC S&D.

Only way to get spectating is to put HUD so basically its then Normal with HC healths and thats not HC anymore.

Really dissappointed to this. I hope its a but and that they will patch it asap.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Played a bit of Ghosts last night and wow AW is so inaccurate and bullets do go round corners.
The dead zone must be massive on AV and must completely ignore location, position and line of sight.
I saw a kill cam confirm what I was thinking I was behind a wall on the left and the guy completely missed me and continued to shoot to the right but I still was getting hit seconds later by his shots, he must able to throw bullets round corners like in Wanted.

Daffy Duck

Is there anyway to turn off the ELITE and other menu sounds coming from the DS4?

I play with headphones on at night due to my family being asleep and this is starting to annoy me now, I dread getting an Elite item as it will shout it out to the whole household.

I would like this audio to have an option to come through my headset as well.

anthym

Neo Member
Team ASM1. I got an, I guess, common version of it that adds 2 points to range in exchange for one point of mobility and handling. That thing hits like an AR with a fast fire rate and 45 round clip. If they end up buffing SMGs I can see this gun becoming the best one in the game.

Top Bottom