• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

i used to main the KF5 until i realized how shit it is at range. then i tried the HBRA3 but it fires too slow for my taste. now i'm using the BAL-27. The AK is a good, solid weapon as well.

Kworn

Banned
AK and BAL are by and far so OP it's not even funny. I dont use them because i enjoy the challenge/experience of unique or more "interesting" weapons... but that's like 99% of what i see online.... BAL/AK. I'd be curious to see the stats on population use.

At what level do you get the BAL?

Daffy Duck

AK and BAL are by and far so OP it's not even funny. I dont use them because i enjoy the challenge/experience of unique or more "interesting" weapons... but that's like 99% of what i see online.... BAL/AK. I'd be curious to see the stats on population use.

They aren't overpowered, it's the fact all the other weapons are shit!

In Bops Deuce you saw all manner of guns, people with SMG's/AR's/Pistols, in this you see people using the MORS/AK & BAL, if you use anything else you get shat on because everything else is so poor.

In Bops Deuce you saw all manner of guns, people with SMG's/AR's/Pistols, in this you see people using the MORS/AK & BAL, if you use anything else you get shat on because everything else is so poor.

i don't think so, you just have to get used to them and use them to their advantages. you can't use every gun the same way.

d9b

Banned
I'm knee deep into MP at this stage, loving every minute of it. Together with campaign, this is the best COD in a last few years.

P.S. By the way... I think weapons are well balanced at the moment and need no nerfing, AK included.

i don't think so, you just have to get used to them and use them to their advantages. you can't use every gun the same way.
This! I agree.

Hubble

Best MP game I've played in sometime. I was worried the exosuit would feel tacked on but not at all. It feels perfect for a COD game.

For those serious FPS'ers out there. Get a team and play hardcore search and destroy. The maps are brilliantly designed in favor of the planting team making it hard to defend. It is highly strategic. It is just like Counter Strike. Amazing. This game type has been the most fun I've played in years including comparing it with the other CODs. Hardcore Search in this one is just way better.

Just wondering, but how many people are usually online for the PS4 version of this game? When Ghosts came out the population started out around 300k during first few weeks, and quickly dwindled down to Black Ops 2 level..

Just an OCD of mine lol

That's what happens when people keep making dumbass claims about OP shotguns and OP LMGs in BO2: We get a game that is unbalanced shit comparable to Black Ops 1.

http://youtu.be/dQjVzD8rwBg

SMH

Literally point blank at this guy, full Tac 19 blast with hitmarker, but nope.

But shotguns are so OP man....

Just wondering, but how many people are usually online for the PS4 version of this game? When Ghosts came out the population started out around 300k during first few weeks, and quickly dwindled down to Black Ops 2 level..

Just an OCD of mine lol

someone posted an image that showed how many people were online at that time, for PS4 it was about 2 million.

d9b

Banned

Just an OCD of mine lol
Don't know the numbers, but no problem finding a match on PS4 at all. Instant fun! ;)

Needlecrash

I've been thinking about get AW for a little while now. I didn't like Ghosts but I really enjoyed the Modern Warfare series. Although I'm more of a Battlefield player, I do a good FPS. Would anyone recommend AW?

I've been thinking about get AW for a little while now. I didn't like Ghosts but I really enjoyed the Modern Warfare series. Although I'm more of a Battlefield player, I do a good FPS. Would anyone recommend AW?
Well I preferred the Black Op series to Modern Warfare and I hated Ghosts. I'm also a diehard Battlefield player and I'm enjoying AW. When it works. It's like BF4's all over again honestly. A great game but sullied by bug technical issues.

Loomba

For me the SP is the best CoD SP across all games.

The story is interesting (cliche, but I like it), the missions are varied, you get new toys constantly, the characters are great, the mechanics change a lot.

I'm on the second to last missions and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

MP though is terrible, lag compensation is shite and the maps are plain bad. I'm holding out for dedis, hope they come soon.

I felt the story was lackluster. It was good don't get me wrong, but it wasn't as grand as previous CODs. My favorite remains BO2 because of the branching storyline and RTS-like spec ops missions.

Absolutely. SP, MP and co op are all great. Overall its my favorite CoD yet.

For me the SP is the best CoD SP across all games.

The story is interesting (cliche, but I like it), the missions are varied, you get new toys constantly, the characters are great, the mechanics change a lot.

I'm on the second to last missions and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

MP though is terrible, lag compensation is shite and the maps are plain bad. I'm holding out for dedis, hope they come soon.
Varied missions? May be varied but to use that as a reason why it beats other CODs is wrong. They have the same types of missions year-in-year-out.

Here's your opening mission, kill a bunch of guys in the streets. Here's a building, go in it and shoot the guys. Few missions later, here is our obligatory helicopter mission. Fire dem missiles. Here is our obligatory vehicle mission. Enjoy our odd handling. Here is a surveillance/overwatch mission spot those guys would you! Here is our underwater segment, wet suit time! Time for a tank now, we can't forget the tank mission.

It is the same thing with a different story.

Speaking of story. It wasn't too bad. The middle was good. Ending lacked conviction and the last few missions felt short. Still, it is probably one of the better written COD titles.

biteren

Team ASM1. I got an, I guess, common version of it that adds 2 points to range in exchange for one point of mobility and handling. That thing hits like an AR with a fast fire rate and 45 round clip. If they end up buffing SMGs I can see this gun becoming the best one in the game.

i go hard with ASM1, if you know what youre doing it can be very deadly, you just gotta be as mobile as possible and indoors are your friend!!! DO NOT USE PAST MEDIUM RANGE!!!

mbmonk

Are there any laser based weapons that aren't pure crap? If so what is the range it should be used at and attachments?

I want to use the laser weapons but they just seem inferior to the BAL and AK12.

Game arrived today (Atlas LE) and been playing for about an hour or so. I think the thing that impressed me the most besides the mobility, is the sound design. I am rocking a home theater and this is easily the best sound mixing in a COD game. I will be trying out MP when i'm done with my veteran playthrough.

biteren

Game arrived today (Atlas LE) and been playing for about an hour or so. I think the thing that impressed me the most besides the mobility, is the sound design. I am rocking a home theater and this is easily the best sound mixing in a COD game. I will be trying out MP when i'm done with my veteran playthrough.

oh i feel ya dude, the regular tv speakers do not do this games sound design justice, i played this with my PX 21 headset and the sound just floored me!!

If you slap a Foregrip, Stock, and Quickdraw Grip on the EM1 it improves it's usefulness immensely. However it's damage output it still too low to actually win most firefights unless the other person is already damaged, especially against the BAL, AK, or SMGs.

I'd buff it by reducing it's weight, slightly increasing the damage, and slightly increasing the damage per second. Nothing drastic, maybe a 10% boost at most.

Now, since the game code puts out into literal Klingon on the PC we don't have detailed stats on each weapon yet, so I'm not sure if the EM1 has a consistent damage over all ranges or if it drops off to a minimal damage like bullet weapons do. It shouldn't have any damage drop off in my opinion.

MrBlonde

I am really enjoying the MP even though I suck at at it, I could care less about my kd, its about .90 right now but I always play the objective and still end up top 2 or 3 on my team many matches. I do have some really good matches and go +10 or so but then ill have a terrible one and go -8 or something. Still fun though for the most part.

I would like to see some improvement to the connection/lag. I would like to see a slight buff to the shotguns and smg's. I love running around with the bulldog, its fun but I feel I am at a huge disadvantage.

I have not tried the campaign or exo survival yet but I plan on jumping into the campaign within the next few days.

I will most likely buy the season pass which I never do but I am holding off for now to see if they make some good tweaks to the game and I see what kind of zombie mode is coming.

^^^^^Hipfire the EM1. You don't need to ADS with it at all.
It's still too heavy. But, yes you can just hip fire the weapon. I don't remember if you can equip a laser sight or not to it. I actually have a hard time trying to just hip fire weapons. Whether it's Battlefield or COD, my muscle memory tells me to always ADS unless I'm surprised. I never played Halo or CS, so hip fire as the primary way to fire is alien to me.

Is there anyway to turn off the ELITE and other menu sounds coming from the DS4?

I play with headphones on at night due to my family being asleep and this is starting to annoy me now, I dread getting an Elite item as it will shout it out to the whole household.

I would like this audio to have an option to come through my headset as well.

I think you can just turn off the DS4 speaker by holding the PS button down then going to adjust devices.

Is lag still unbearable on x1? Been playing the ps4 version until it's better

im still having a hard time seeing the lag issues people are talking about...yes, you get killed when you think you've gotten around corners quite a bit, and you get the nonsense killcams, but that's basically just what CoD online is and always has been really unless you're on LAN

im still having a hard time seeing the lag issues people are talking about...yes, you get killed when you think you've gotten around corners quite a bit, and you get the nonsense killcams, but that's basically just what CoD online is and always has been really unless you're on LAN

Well i envy you then good sir. Our clan has just about given up on the game after countless networking issues. The game is by far the most lag filled CoD to date in my experience. That said... i see less of this when soloing.

By chance do you mainly play solo or with one or two others instead of a full party of friends all the time?

geordiemp

With the new video recording ability on next gen consoles (I can only speak about Ps4) its very easy to quickly dump and rewatch the last 10 minutes of your game as you experienced it and then watch the kill cam.

So people always suspected that COD often had poor netcode or over aggressive skill match making putting you in crap lobbies, now every player can confirm it without any doubt on his own console.

COD cannot 'get away' with lag anymore, if you see > 5 hitmarkers and then you suddenly die you know its lag.

FafaFooey

The lag is still unbearable. I haven't experienced such horrible lag since the Bid For Power mod in Quake 3 in 2001.

Playing classic team deathmatch has been a lot less aggrevating for me. At least I feel less cheated without every enemy appearing from every direction.

Well i envy you then good sir. Our clan has just about given up on the game after countless networking issues. The game is by far the most lag filled CoD to date in my experience. That said... i see less of this when soloing.

By chance do you mainly play solo or with one or two others instead of a full party of friends all the time?

pretty much always solo

can you explain what your experiencing? is it mostly just a ton of frustration with feeling like you should have won your one on ones, getting killed when you know you've made it around corners, feeling like you've pumped enough shots into someone and them not being dead, or is it something less subtle like people skipping around the map?

genuinely curious

biteren

ok we talked about our favorite firearms (HBRa3 is best)

so lets show off our duds!!

aede81fef04975e4fbe81f6ef532c096.png

Anyone else considering dropping the use of exo suits (or their powers anyways)? I barely use them and can definitely use the extra points on the guns.

ok we talked about our favorite firearms (HBRa3 is best)

so lets show off our duds!!

aede81fef04975e4fbe81f6ef532c096.png
What gloves are those?

Anyone else considering dropping the use of exo suits (or their powers anyways)? I barely use them and can definitely use the extra points on the guns.
I pretty much only use exo boost with my heavy class. I don't use exo abilities with my Assault or SMG class. The points are better spent on perks.

njean777

pretty much always solo

can you explain what your experiencing? is it mostly just a ton of frustration with feeling like you should have won your one on ones, getting killed when you know you've made it around corners, feeling like you've pumped enough shots into someone and them not being dead, or is it something less subtle like people skipping around the map?

genuinely curious

I have all of these on a 120mbs connection. The only thing I do not see much of is the people skipping around the map (occasionally I do). Dedicated servers should fix this crap shouldn't they? Or did they lie to us and not actually use dedicated servers?

Top Bottom