• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

pretty much always solo

can you explain what your experiencing? is it mostly just a ton of frustration with feeling like you should have won your one on ones, getting killed when you know you've made it around corners, feeling like you've pumped enough shots into someone and them not being dead, or is it something less subtle like people skipping around the map?

genuinely curious

Ah, that makes a LOT of difference! My games aren't anywhere near as bad when soloing pubs.

As a group (6 players DOM) we routinely see one team clearly "ahead" of the other for either an entire match or a half of the match. I'm talking you can see/feel it regardless of side. Some times we're "ahead" of the other team and they can't touch us... we're easily able to shoot/hit first in all firefights and generally maneuver around them with ease. Other times it's us not able to do anything as we're "behind" them.

I know some refer to this as lag-compensation... i don't know if that's it... but it feels like BO2 but worse at times.

I think I preferred it when I could immediately tell whether I was looking at an enemy or a teammate by the uniform

Also I kind of miss the rigidity and simplicity of the loadouts in MW2

(not played a CoD properly since that one)

Definitely prefer this to my short experience of BlackOps though. Also only played 5 MP games, hoping that there's an open map or two that isn't filled with alleys and verticality

Ensoul

I got the skull helmet for getting 5 heads shots in one match. I equipped it, used it for a couple of matches and it just disappeared. Wtf?

vesvci

Banned
Well I preferred the Black Op series to Modern Warfare and I hated Ghosts. I'm also a diehard Battlefield player and I'm enjoying AW. When it works. It's like BF4's all over again honestly. A great game but sullied by bug technical issues.

Yay It's a good change of pace from BF4. It's faster pace, different movements and a futuristic setting without going too far.

I go back and forth between both. I just ha eye the lag compensation, but oh well, no game is perfect.

i go hard with ASM1, if you know what youre doing it can be very deadly, you just gotta be as mobile as possible and indoors are your friend!!! DO NOT USE PAST MEDIUM RANGE!!!

Yea, I am starting to enjoy using this gun. Up close it is completely deadly. Do not engage anyone past 10 feet. EVER.

Definitely prefer this to my short experience of BlackOps though. Also only played 5 MP games, hoping that there's an open map or two that isn't filled with alleys and verticality

This isn't the CoD for you, my man. All maps are pretty much mazes, corridors, rooftops, etc.

RS4-

I got the skull helmet for getting 5 heads shots in one match. I equipped it, used it for a couple of matches and it just disappeared. Wtf?

Its just like the bloodshed helm, gone after 30 mins until you get 5 headshots in a game again

biteren

efb95b3da475d273b25a7db893ecee4c.png

just now with:

HBRa3 (base)
no attachments
no secondary
no perks
no grenades
no exo ability
and just 3 scorestreaks

Ah, that makes a LOT of difference! My games aren't anywhere near as bad when soloing pubs.

As a group (6 players DOM) we routinely see one team clearly "ahead" of the other for either an entire match or a half of the match. I'm talking you can see/feel it regardless of side. Some times we're "ahead" of the other team and they can't touch us... we're easily able to shoot/hit first in all firefights and generally maneuver around them with ease. Other times it's us not able to do anything as we're "behind" them.

I know some refer to this as lag-compensation... i don't know if that's it... but it feels like BO2 but worse at times.

The bolded stuck out to me. When you're ahead, you know it. Players will appear to have some of the slowest reaction times in the world when you encounter them; like you're popping out from behind a corner and they just stare at you for a split second, letting you shoot first.

Xeroblade

Is it just me or does objective games seem all over the place? I find most objective games to be complete chaos. having the ability to move so fast doesnt really give you much time to control and the spawns seem even more broken in objective games. One last thing when you prestige do you get to choose to keep a weapon unlocked so you don't have to again?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
to be honest, i got so lost in destroying the oposition i nearly forgot i had to take points lol. at least i made it hard as hell to take a point (cause id gun em down so quick)

You seem to have been lost to the dark side of objective-mode trolling. But don't worry, I'm there too.

::Equips MDL, spams capture points in momentum with grenade rounds, laughing through tears at all the frustrated death-chatter::

HelloMeow

The bolded stuck out to me. When you're ahead, you know it. Players will appear to have some of the slowest reaction times in the world when you encounter them; like you're popping out from behind a corner and they just stare at you for a split second, letting you shoot first.

If you increase your ping this happens more often. You won't get insta-killed nearly as much.

The fact that playing with a ping of 150 is the same, if not better than playing with a ping of 20 is disconcerting.

biteren

You seem to have been lost to the dark side of objective-mode trolling. But don't worry, I'm there too.

::Equips MDL, spams capture points in momentum with grenade rounds, laughing through tears at all the frustrated death-chatter::

i usually do better teamwise with objective games, i went in ground war with the intent to unlock the carbon fiber camo for HBRa3, my determination paid off and so far thats the best K/D i ever got in this game.

With my first prestige I picked Fast Hands as my permanent unlock since I can't stand not being able to reload while sprinting, being a Battlefielder first and foremost. For my second prestige, if the Bal is still the gun to use I'll pick the spike drone, if they actually balance out the weapons before then I'll pick the IMR.

I just wish that they used the BO2 system of separate weapon leveling and prestige. I loved that and it's the only reason I prestiged in BO2. I've prestiged in AW because I got the game on launch when I normally wait until February to get the new COD.

Is it just me who feel exo survivor is really bad? I beat the story mode on veteran and I want to plat the game but Flip Flap trophy is seem to be really hard.

If you increase your ping this happens more often. You won't get insta-killed nearly as much.

The fact that playing with a ping of 150 is the same, if not better than playing with a ping of 20 is disconcerting.

I've heard this and wondered if it was why i was having a great few games on the PS4 as my XB1 was downloading the huge Master Chief Collection and my GF was streaming a HD movie from Verizon lol. Probably why?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Jesus, hopped into a Domination lobby that was 4 on 7. Not Ground War mind you... it went back to 4 and 6 for a bit, and then another player joined and.... 4 on 7 again. How many CODs in a row has had this stupid bug? What a bunch of garbage.

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
Managed to get a domination midround killcam with a boost slam double kill, which had the interesting side effect of resetting everybody's FOV to 65.
Resulted in a hilarious start of the second round.

Connection any better than launch?
Still kinda interested in picking this up

I'm playing on PC and connection was surprisingly good for me today. Here's hoping it stays like that.

Thanks for describing it. Yea, this is something I've noticed as I've gone solo as well. Sometimes you'll run into players that seem to have just terrible reaction time, and sometimes you'll run into guys that are just..."ahead" as you say, just stupidly on point in their reaction times to the point of confusion.

Appreciate the clarification. I don't have an easy answer or response to it but its nice to have it put into words. For my part I just try to adapt. "This guy is untouchable right now in a 50/50 gunfight" so I play in a way where I can try to catch him off guard. I can see how thaving to deal with that level of advantage or disadvantage shouldn't be acceptable though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
met some guy on pc version earlier called now playing - Darude, and yea you can guess that song is constantly playing, he said he got banned on ghosts for it. i was laughing throughout most of game.

Joyful

so are they ever gonna fix the lag in pc version of the game with real dedicated servers

itd be kinda cool if they came out and admitted they have a problem like 343i did with halo mcc, which was p classy and what i expect from a dev tbh

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So sad there's no Chicom like gun in this game. It was my absolute favourite gun to use on BOII, so fun to use.

Haven't found a gun I love in this game yet, but I've been using 4-5 of them regularly without problem. Suppressors are an absolute must though, probably more than any other CoD.

That semi automatic heavy weapon is absolutely useless.

drotahorror

Jesus, hopped into a Domination lobby that was 4 on 7. Not Ground War mind you... it went back to 4 and 6 for a bit, and then another player joined and.... 4 on 7 again. How many CODs in a row has had this stupid bug? What a bunch of garbage.

I've been in a dom lobby where it splits team before game starts and it was 5v6. 1 person joined and it put him on the 6 person team. math is hard.

Also me and 2 others hopped in a ground war game last night, threw us in an ongoing match cuz the game is garbage, and it was us 3 vs 9 others. Thanks CoD.

I'm just about done with this trash game until they fix the servers/connections/hit detection/lag etc. When me and 5 other people I play with regularly who're in different counties, states, even countries (Canada) and are experiencing this lag (we're all on the east side of the US/Canada) then something is just wrong with this game.

RS4-

Is it just me who feel exo survivor is really bad? I beat the story mode on veteran and I want to plat the game but Flip Flap trophy is seem to be really hard.

It's fucking garbage. But yeah, solo private tier 1 or whatever to get to horizon. Do the map glitch and just bore yourself to death for 90 mins for the 50 rounds if you don't want to do the first 25 on a t1 map.

kiguel182

Finished the campaign today and I really didn't like it. It felt like a on-rails shooter with a cliché-ridden plot that had me bored out of my mind for most of it. I do not understand the praise it got. I think SuperBunnyHop's review really sums up my feelings on it. It's just dull.

I'll now return to multiplayer since that part of the game it's actually awesome and totally worth my money. Hopefully lag is better or it will be soon.

Jblanks

So sad there's no Chicom like gun in this game. It was my absolute favourite gun to use on BOII, so fun to use.

Haven't found a gun I love in this game yet, but I've been using 4-5 of them regularly without problem. Suppressors are an absolute must though, probably more than any other CoD.

That semi automatic heavy weapon is absolutely useless.

The last SMG is a 5 round burst, once they patch guns, it might be pretty close to the Chicom.

So I unlocked the BAL-27 Inferno. Does anyone know what affect the Mobility and Handling stat has? The Inferno has +1 firerate, +2 handling, and -3 mobility.

Salvatron

With my first prestige I picked Fast Hands as my permanent unlock since I can't stand not being able to reload while sprinting, being a Battlefielder first and foremost. For my second prestige, if the Bal is still the gun to use I'll pick the spike drone, if they actually balance out the weapons before then I'll pick the IMR.

I picked the HBRa3 as my first prestige unlock (have the Elite "Bear Fist" variant - waiting on that "Insanity" variant to drop)... I'm also on the fence for what my 2nd will be - Scavenger or the Spike Drone. Seems like that initial ramp to hitting the early 30s isn't too bad so I'm leaning towards the latter.

Salvatron

So I unlocked the BAL-27 Inferno. Does anyone know what affect the Mobility and Handling stat has? The Inferno has +1 firerate, +2 handling, and -3 mobility.

Mobility affects your movement speed.
AFAIK Handling affects ADS / reload speeds.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Almost done downloading. I haven't played a CoD since Black Ops so I'm pretty excited!

Steam users add me @whiskeystrike and I'll happily be the guy who goes 3-17 every match.

Doolz

Banned
Anyone getting an issue of weapon camos previously being unlocked that are now locked again? The update earlier in the week caused this, I believe. Any way to fix?

Top Bottom