• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Since no one answered my first post, I'll ask again -- is everyone experiencing rubber banding and terrible hit detection, or not? This game is half broken for fucksake.

Since no one answered my first post, I'll ask again -- is everyone experiencing rubber banding and terrible hit detection, or not? This game is half broken for fucksake.

Haven't gone through any walls, but I have been experiencing terrible hit detection and turning whole corners only to learn I got shot before I even reached the actual corner. That's on the Xbox One. Don't know if it's any different for the PS4.

IISANDERII

Really temp to maybe grab it back. Just wondering, does it feel like more BO2 or Modern Warfare games, for the multiplayer. Sure i know it got some futuristic moves in it, but wondering if it feel great.

I personally just got more fun with black ops games (1 n 2 ) than all modern warfare games. Did not enjoy a lot Ghost too.
Definitely more like BO. I think it's the exact same engine.

zeelman

There's no point when you get a perk right away that hides you from them.

One variant of the UAV makes it a CUAV so being able to shoot it down really helps. It took some time for me to learn where they come from, but I can take them down pretty fast now.

GenericUser

One variant of the UAV makes it a CUAV so being able to shoot it down really helps. It took some time for me to learn where they come from, but I can take them down pretty fast now.

I won't bother with shooting down UAVs, two reasons:

1.) 2 out of 3 times I'll get gunned down by some other dude while trying to aim and shoot at the UAV

2.) being invisible in this game is way less essenstial then it was in previous CODs since nobody can really tell for sure where you'll be coming from by seeing you temporary highlighted on the minimap. One rocket jump over a wall and you'll be switching flanks.

That is also the reason why I don't play the supressor. Its actually easier if the enemy believes that he knows where you'll be attacking from.

COD is mindgames nowadays, crazy.

Jaeger

I really really want the ASM1 - Speakeasy, and the KF5 - Genuine. The random drop aspect of the game being the only way to get some of these variants is disgusting.

theapg

I know I am late to the party but what are your thoughts on the jet pack jump? I'm finding it very annoying in multiplayer, but I also just started playing so I'm not used to it.

I know I am late to the party but what are your thoughts on the jet pack jump? I'm finding it very annoying in multiplayer, but I also just started playing so I'm not used to it.
It makes the map easier to access but because they become a moving target it makes it more difficult to kill them.

I find it decent to be honest. If it's not included in the next CoD, I won't lose any sleep over it.

fozzy

5 Miles away from the Exo movement exo. It's been a grind, but I think it's made me a better player for it.

The low spm has dropped me out of the top 1000 for score unfortunately

Going to go for the Exo boots next.

Not sure if I'll go for the knee pads.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The crossbow is absolutely awful! Explosion damage is crap even in hardcore mode, I think they should boost it.

explosive weapons are garbage in this game. exo makes it too easy to avoid damage even with danger close. the only ok one seems to be the grenade launcher you can spam. but really only in objective games. does scavenger at least replenish explosives in this game?

think i went 1-20 one game because i was trying to use this game's version of the rpg. smh lol

eek5

explosive weapons are garbage in this game. exo makes it too easy to avoid damage even with danger close. the only ok one seems to be the grenade launcher you can spam. but really only in objective games. does scavenger at least replenish explosives in this game?

think i went 1-20 one game because i was trying to use this game's version of the rpg. smh lol

Undebarrel is pretty good due to being able to jump high enough to detonate on the ground. Yeah you can only kill someone directly on their feet but two hits anywhere you get a hitmarker seems to be a kill and getting two hits is really easy if you're dropping them from double jump in the air. I'll usually tube one from the ground then do a double jump while reloading (doesn't cancel your reload) then drop the second one anywhere I'll get a hitmarker. Makes people real upset hah

I don't think DC is worth it though. My OHK are about the same with and without DC. More often then not it'll take 2 hits anyway so DC doesn't buy you anything IMO.

Jaeger

They are pumping DLC, and I have yet to actually get or experience everything in the main game, like the weapon variants.

*sigh*

njean777

Gave this game another shot and I just cannot stand it. Everything in it makes me angry. No choke points, flanking everywhere because you cannot control maps, guns are boring, lag compensation is worse than it has ever been. It's just terrible.

Gave this game another shot and I just cannot stand it. Everything in it makes me angry. No choke points, flanking everywhere because you cannot control maps, guns are boring, lag compensation is worse than it has ever been. It's just terrible.

The maps definitely have choke points. You can control maps, just need good teammates.

keezy

Is anybody having issues launching this game on xbox one?

Currently getting "Sorry, we can't launch this right now".

Digital purchase btw...

Is anybody having issues launching this game on xbox one?

Currently getting "Sorry, we can't launch this right now".

Digital purchase btw...

Just tried now, because of this post and it says, "The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare service is not available at this time. Please try again later."

n0razi

im a little late to the party but this game runs like absolute ass on my PC which i think is unusual since all the reviews ive read say this game runs well.. is there some stupid setting that kills performance i need to disable? the cutscenese are stutter city and gameplay is not smooth at all.

i5 4760k @ stock
16gb ddr3
crucial m550 msata ssd
gtx970 with latest stable drivers

oxidax

Anybody experiencing hardlocks on PC? This is like the 7th time that the game freezes up on me. Im able to CNTRL+ALT+DLT and close it with Task Manager but its getting really really annoying now. Re installing the game didn't work.

im a little late to the party but this game runs like absolute ass on my PC which i think is unusual since all the reviews ive read say this game runs well.. is there some stupid setting that kills performance i need to disable? the cutscenese are stutter city and gameplay is not smooth at all.

i5 4760k @ stock
16gb ddr3
crucial m550 msata ssd
gtx970 with latest stable drivers

Disable any overlays/shadowplay, turn off both of the cache options and any supersampling. Enable shader pre-load (if you want to avoid stutter during cut scenes, select not to preload shaders during cinematics).

ILoveBish

PS4 has locked up on AW twice in less then 30 min, game completely freezes up, and then i have to close the app. I haven't played COD in a long time, i had maybe 1 or 2 freeze ups in the first month total, this is unacceptable performance. I actually am so disappointed at this point i might just quit COD at this point, and i was having a lot of fun finally playing a video game again tonight after over a month of not playing.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Just picked this up with my PS4 yesterday, first CoD I've personally owned since 4, played all the other ones on friends consoles or something. Glad I opted into this after so long, all the new futuristic shit has made it nice and fresh.

Anyone wants to hit me up on PS4 I'm Cindres91 on PSN.

I have the same problem with Advanced Warfare's multiplayer as with any other CoD. After I hit first prestige my motivation disappears. I don't know why but it always gets boring afterwards. My highest rank is Prestige 2 in MW3.

SeanR1221

I haven't really played multiplayer since the end of November and have the itch to get back into it.

Have the patched the weapons at all? Is the Bal27 still OP as hell?

So I just picked this up yesterday for PS4, and am looking for some people to play with. If anyone wants to play just add me, PSN's BaraSailey :)

Top Bottom