• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Shaim

Neo Member
Same here. Played a good bit with no issues, but cant log in at all now. Severs seem to be at defcon 4 for PS3&4 currently...

zeelman

The four rounds I played tonight were so frustrating. Terrible lag, stuttering, and bullshit deaths abound. All of this happened on what is supposed to be a four-bar connection.

The last game (of Domination on Comeback) on a supposed dedicated server was the worst. I knew it was a dedicated server because the stupid thing kicked us during the game-ending killcam with the message "Lost Connection to server." P2P games would say "Lost Connection to host." The netcode in this game is awful. Near the end of the game the server decided I should lose every gun fight, so I spent a solid two minutes dying repeatedly, despite me firing first and pointing my gun at their face. The worst was when I was behind an enemy crouch walking, and I just unload into him and get zero hitmarkers and he turns around and melts me.

Jaeger

My Supply Drops have been utter shit for the past several weeks. All I want is the ASM1 Speakeasy and the K5F Genuine.

What the fuck, Sledgehammer.

So I bought the digital version in the sale and downloaded and installed it. It says it's at 42/42gb. Everything has been downloaded.

But if I start the game it says on every mode I choose: "installing content. Please wait." No time nothing. Is this normal? Do I have to re-download the game?

Jaeger

Still hunting for weapons via Supply Drops.

KF5 - Genuine
ASM1 - Speakeasy
SN6 - Money
ARX-160 - Hole Puncher
HBRa3 - Insanity

Hoping to get one of these, tonight. I also started forcing myself to get familiar with the ARX-160, score be damned. I like it. Can't wait until I get it down (playing on PC). Got the Marksman version of it, and I like it. Less powerful sadly, but much more comfortable to aim.

CUjKHIG.jpg

5F7uJ6r.jpg

Daffy Duck

Still hunting for weapons via Supply Drops.

KF5 - Genuine
ASM1 - Speakeasy
SN6 - Money
ARX-160 - Hole Puncher
HBRa3 - Insanity

Hoping to get one of these, tonight. I also started forcing myself to get familiar with the ARX-160, score be damned. I like it. Can't wait until I get it down (playing on PC). Got the Marksman version of it, and I like it. Less powerful sadly, but much more comfortable to aim.

I have the Hole Puncher, went on a tear 'em up spree yesterday and got another one in a supply drop. I wish you could gift weapons to friends. It's a very good gun, I want the elite to see how much better it is over the HP.

Pikma

Banned
my god, I stopped playing for like 2 months or so because well, vacations and holidays, and now I can't do shit because everyone else has better versions of all the weapons I use, and even of those I don't. I'm seriously considering giving up on the series already. Advance Warfare is not a bad game, not like Ghost at least, but god some of it's design choices make me feel like banging my head against the fucking wall.

Ensoul

I have been obsessed with my k/r for years so I would never play the objective mode. All team deathmatch. I finally said the hell with it and in started playing domonatin.

My kdr is like .97 now. I usually get a good amount of captures but since I am going for the objectives I am negative most of the time.

While it is a fun mode it is still frustrating seeing people going 45-15 with no captures or defends.

Just bought this to play with a friend because it was $40. I hear really good things. I used to be super into CoD, and that stopped with MW3. Hopefully this will be a fun MP game to mess around with.

Jaeger

I have the Hole Puncher, went on a tear 'em up spree yesterday and got another one in a supply drop. I wish you could gift weapons to friends. It's a very good gun, I want the elite to see how much better it is over the HP.

Man. Holy shit. You got two, and I have none. I heard the Steel Bite is really good, and that and the Hole Puncher are the best Variants. And yea, a trade system is a must.

So, I think I'm going to bite on the season pass. I got $30 in PSN from Xmas and I don't see anything in the near-future that I'd want to use it on. I'm going to wait for that 10% discount code though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Which guns specificaly. Bal for instance it would be the obsidian steed

all of them hah

Which guns specificaly. Bal for instance it would be the obsidian steed

just wondering in general what people think.

is this accurate in terms of what the basic stats represent?

damage = damage per bullet
accuracy = hipfire accuracy
fire rate = rpm
range = damage drop off
handling = reload speed
mobility = movement speed

kuYuri

all of them hah

just wondering in general what people think.

is this accurate in terms of what the basic stats represent?

damage = damage per bullet
accuracy = hipfire accuracy
fire rate = rpm
range = damage drop off
handling = reload speed
mobility = movement speed

Mobility - Affects ADS speed
Handling - All weapons except Snipers: Affects Hipfire spread; Snipers: Affects sprint out time
Accuracy - Affects recoil

The rest are accurate.

Just bought this game. It has been 14 hours since I began installing it and it's on 24%. What the hell is going on. 100mbps connection here....

Jaeger

all of them hah

Bal-27
-Obsidian Steed
-Inferno

AK-12
-R.I.P.
-Bleeder

ARX-160
-Steel Bite
-Hole Puncher

HBRa3
-Insanity
-Raider/Average Joe

IMR
-Thunder Tusk
-Boar Strike

MK14
-Eagle Eye
-Signature

KF5
-Breakneck
-Genuine/Spanner
-Marxman

MP11
- Squeaker
-Goliath

ASM1
-Speakeasy/Magnitude
-Strider
(they are all pretty good, actually)

SN6
-Money
-The Third
-Hammer/Magistrate

SAC3
-Blood & Glory
(all of them are pretty good)

AMR9 sucks.

MORS
-Silver Bullet
-The Doctor
-Penetrator/Pummeler

Tac-19
-Upper Cut
-Bang Stick/Breacher

EM1 Cheap ass weapon
-Pwner
-LEL
/all of them

I know I missed a few. I'll come back and fill them in. You can look at this yourself, though. Also your preferences will effect what you perceive to be the best, but this is general the list that goes around, and the most desirable variants.

Ranked Play is such garbage. Supply Drop weapons are allowed, its a moshpit of modes people don't want to play. Half the lobby leaves if SnD comes up because its 10 fucking rounds. People can quit mid-game, leaving it down to 4v1. You have to unlock everything normally instead of having an open create-a-class.

Why can't it be just Domination and TDM?

This campaign is really excellent. It's the best call of Duty I've ever played. So polished and it's leagues ahead of bf4! Can't get over how good it looks as well.

Radec

Played a match last night.. constant CUAV and bombing run on the ongoing game that I joined in.

Can't even see shit for like 2 minutes. Also it seems like the respawn have gotten even worse since last year.

Sold the game today. Fuck this shit.

Jaeger

Played a match last night.. constant CUAV and bombing run on the ongoing game that I joined in.

Can't even see shit for like 2 minutes. Also it seems like the respawn have gotten even worse since last year.

Sold the game today. Fuck this shit.

I know what you mean. That only really happens on objective based modes due to how easy it can be to rack up points on a team that isn't doing too well.

Ranked Play is such garbage. Supply Drop weapons are allowed, its a moshpit of modes people don't want to play. Half the lobby leaves if SnD comes up because its 10 fucking rounds. People can quit mid-game, leaving it down to 4v1. You have to unlock everything normally instead of having an open create-a-class.

Why can't it be just Domination and TDM?

Search and destroy is the most competitive game type and this is basicly mlg rules with gun variants. They need to punish quitters

Domination and TDM are generally regarded as so. The people who play SnD are a completely different breed than those that play Domination. A lot of SOCOM refugees play SnD.

I just got this last week for the Xbox One, I am LOVING this game! I'm not a Call of Duty fan by any means, last one bought was Modern Warfare 2, but I'm sucked in.

The set pieces and gadgets are so damn entertaining to see and use in the campaign. I'm also really enjoying the MP, I haven't ran into issues with shady players and such.

If anyone wants to add me on XBL, go for it: SheriffofPaddys

Wish grenades didn't suck so much. Jumping and trying to shoot one out sometimes doesn't work, where you could have just tossed it by the time you brought your hand up.

biteren

i come back and im doing terrible, my HBRa3 skills has diminished as im getting melted by everyone, did another update come out that i diddnt know about? maybe i should just run ASM1 so i can feel better?

Domination and TDM are generally regarded as so. The people who play SnD are a completely different breed than those that play Domination. A lot of SOCOM refugees play SnD.

Search has always been the third most popular game type. Are you new to cod?

I remember grinding game battles and playing search and destroy exclusively near the end of Cod4. If you only play TDM you aren't playing the game properly. The TDM playlist is generally for players who don't know any better. It should never be in a competitive ranked playlist.

I don't really get your connection between socom and cod. I can't name a single
Competitive cod player who played in the socom scene.

i come back and im doing terrible, my HBRa3 skills has diminished as im getting melted by everyone, did another update come out that i diddnt know about? maybe i should just run ASM1 so i can feel better?

Hbr got nerfed with the bal. You have to basicly be melee range for a 3 bullet kill. The guns are so unbalanced you either want to use a bal or asm1 or you're at a disadvantage. You want a bal obsidian steed or asm1 magnitude/speak easy.

Sledgehammer seems clueless. Gun balance sucks and ranked play is broken with gun variants allowed and all the quitters in every lobby.

Search has always been the third most popular game type. Are you new to cod?

I remember grinding game battles and playing search and destroy exclusively near the end of Cod4. If you only play TDM you aren't playing the game properly. The TDM playlist is generally for players who don't know any better. It should never be in a competitive ranked playlist.

I don't really get your connection between socom and cod. I can't name a single
Competitive cod player who played in the socom scene.
I've been playing since WaW. Domination is my number 1 mode, followed by War/Momentum. In games without the latter I played exclusively Dom.

SnD and Dom are two completely different beasts and I don't like that SnD is mixed in a Moshpit with respawn modes. The TTK is way too low and the lag too erratic to really play a no-respawn mode like SnD.

I can. Maybe most of the competitive SnD scene is too young now to have played SOCOM. But I was there, I remember how excited everyone got when MW2 had third person SnD.

biteren

Hbr got nerfed with the bal. You have to basicly be melee range for a 3 bullet kill. The guns are so unbalanced you either want to use a bal or asm1 or you're at a disadvantage. You want a bal obsidian steed or asm1 magnitude/speak easy.

Sledgehammer seems clueless. Gun balance sucks and ranked play is broken with gun variants allowed and all the quitters in every lobby.

i rage quitted today, i. never. ragequit. ever. but this was the last straw. if i hit you with 3 bursts of a imr and i get melted with 2 shots from ak-12 thats it. its time to take a break.

i cant believe its all messed up like this now! it worked better on launch week!!! good thing i got battlefield, it seems pretty good as far as weapons are concerned

Top Bottom