• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Jaeger

sadly dude, its what you gotta do now to keep up, my poor HBRa3 is nothing more that a pellet gun now.

i miss Black Ops 2.....

You need to get the HBRa3 Insanity variant. It can keep up with the best of them.

xmij5pU.jpg

Daffy Duck

Played a bit of ranked play at the weekend, well it was full of ASM speakeasy players who drop you on site, no chance.

It was enjoyable when playing against peole who had different guns, but with my Hole Puncher I got owned big time.

I also decided to prestige to level 2 last night, that was a huge mistake, now the lobbies are full of people 1-2 prestiges higher than me and I get thumped, where as when I was prestige 1 level 50 I had a mix of all player levels from prestige 0 circa 20's upwards, now I get no new players.

wasn't one of the daily challenges also get 30 kills with an smg? that could have accounted for it. i'm still seeing more ars than smgs. asm isn't great at range

It was 30 kills on domination with an SMG. The sad fact is the ASM1 is just that good now, I picked one up on a hard point game on Friday and ended up going on a 20 gun streak (my first one ever in this game) I just ripped through people.

biteren

You need to get the HBRa3 Insanity variant. It can keep up with the best of them.

id love to have that, but the game decides i love AMR9 even more or gives me other usless variants. im using ASM1 and still getting destroyed, ive been having a bad streak to this game.

Jaeger

id love to have that, but the game decides i love AMR9 even more or gives me other usless variants. im using ASM1 and still getting destroyed, ive been having a bad streak to this game.

Totally understand. Random low ass percentage chances being the only way to acquire the better guns is bullshit.

You have to use what works. On small maps I'll use the ASM1 Magnitude and on larger maps I'll use the IMR. I have the Bal Inferno but I don't use it because you need to use three attachments with it, stock, grip, and Quickdraw.

biteren

the game is still a killstreak nightmare, even after Hacked got nerfed im getting hit with it one after another. anyone know when the next major patch is coming?

biteren

ok i just decided to use imr since i got a few good variants and just sit back and play defensivly. i lost my run and gun skill but i can be a defense monster.

i got the Thunder Tusk imr variant which makes it a laser but it has less bullets to the mag and reduced handling, but im using the imr impact currently

Daffy Duck

i can i suppose, but id have to get rid of blast suppressor or toughness

What game modes do you play? I have a class I can switch to with hardwired instead of blast suppressor if the enemy team just keeps dropping system hacks.

quick question or opinion, how many enemy Paladin scorestreaks in a row does it take to make you quit the match? :/

None, I just hide in a building (if possible) to avoid them.

biteren

What game modes do you play? I have a class I can switch to with hardwired instead of blast suppressor if the enemy team just keeps dropping system hacks.

None, I just hide in a building (if possible) to avoid them.

i play ground war mostly, maybe i should scale back a bit

and as far as hiding in a building goes, yeah that sounds fun, with the assault drones and the guys with ASM1s and the turrents, there just no winning for me, i tried to do that but then everything else would get me. Maybe i should just play regular domination, see if its a bit more lenient with the score streaks.

samman6

So I have been playing more and finally starting to get good with the crossbow, I am usually around a 1 k/d ratio guy when using normal guns *cough* ASM... however when I use some of the more exotic weapons my K/D drops pretty hard. The kills are just so much more satisfying with these weapons however, especially the crossbow. I have a little crossbow highlight roll youtube here I am starting to love this game, its really great when you are pinballing around and really dog fighting one on one.

I picked this up recently and made my way through the campaign to get a feel for it all before going online. Enjoyed it and it's up there with COD4 for me.

So last night I ventured online with my first COD since BO2 and all I was hit with was lag but not the usual lag I am used to seeing in COD or any FPS.

This was what I would call 'Teleporting' lag and it seemed that no one else on my screen was teleporting but I certainly was, I would be around a corner running and then boom I am zapped back to where I was a second ago. Also lining up enemies only to be zipped away to the side and have to try and aim on them again and the usual stuff like shots registering really late after firing.

I dont have the best internet 2.7Mbps down and 1.0Mbps & Ping 46ms up due to living on a new built estate that is not yet connected to Fibre - but it was fine with other games and BF4 & BO2 in the past.

Is this 'type' of lag normal on AW ? I have seen many people across the internet complaining about lag but this constant teleporting every 5 seconds is new to me in the COD series - a different kind of lag than I am used to but end result is the game was unplayable and I shut it off.

Anyone else suffering the same type of thing ?

Thanks guys

biteren

well, im done with this game for now. i cant handle it any more, too many ASM1s running around. i cant get a feel for any of the weapons that isnt HBRa3, too many system hacks so i tried some advice on here, then no one uses system hack :p. everything feels like a uphill battle for me and its baby steps. ill be back when the next big update hits.

Jaeger

well, im done with this game for now. i cant handle it any more, too many ASM1s running around. i cant get a feel for any of the weapons that isnt HBRa3, too many system hacks so i tried some advice on here, then no one uses system hack :p. everything feels like a uphill battle for me and its baby steps. ill be back when the next big update hits.

Sorry to hear that. I know sometimes it can be frustrating. Outside of a handful or issues I find myself having a lot of fun. The Exo abilities are awesome, despite needing some more major balancing, the guns are very fun to use.

I see a fair share of ASM1 players but I see just as many MP11, KP5, BAL, and so on players too. And I'm seeing a surge of Burst rifle players too. Myself included. I use the ARX and occasionally the IMR religiously.

Next DLC is The 27th. Hopefully that includes some gameplay tweaks too.

Edit - Got the MP11 - Goliath. Second worthwhile Elite this week. Maybe my Supply Drop drought is ending?

NHale

Hey any of you guys wanna go back to Cod4 PS3 for a few days?

Good luck with that. Unless they fixed it since the last time I've tried it that game was filled with hackers with god mode activated, flying on the map, infinity grenades, etc...

But the one time I found a lobby without hackers it was glorious. After the recent games, COD4 feels very basic but the maps truly shine. Domination suddenly feels like a mode worthy of playing because you can have map control without being cheap by guessing spawns. C'mon Activision, fill our dull June-July with a COD4 MP on PSN/XBLA for $20
I would probably pay $40 without a doubt

Quickscoping and such im fine with, been a big thing since MW2 doesn't bother me.
But a sniper that 99% of the time is 1 hit kills, killcams that never show the reticles near an enemy on a full scoped shot, bullet trails going off into space or into the ground when the guy is firing directly ahead.
Even the other snipers in this game don't have that issue.

I have seen people get headshots when the only thing in the scope is a foot not even in the center(happened to me and watched a clan member doing it recently.)

Nvzman

Quickscoping and such im fine with, been a big thing since MW2 doesn't bother me.
But a sniper that 99% of the time is 1 hit kills, killcams that never show the reticles near an enemy on a full scoped shot, bullet trails going off into space or into the ground when the guy is firing directly ahead.

I have seen people get headshots when the only thing in the scope is a foot not even in the center(happened to me and watched a clan member doing it recently.)
Killcams are never accurate for where you were shot. The person with the gun likely just didn't miss, but the killcam made it appear like he did.

Jaeger

That's gotta be a combination of stuff like lag. The kill-zone is only the upper torso and head. Also, the scopes are indeed off center, IIRC. But they don't one-hit kill on feet.

That's gotta be a combination of stuff like lag. The kill-zone is only the upper torso and head. Also, the scopes are indeed off center, IIRC. But they don't one-hit kill on feet.

I'm fairly sure only the default scope one the MORS is misaligned the variable scope and the others are fine.

Have they said anything about the MORS sniper? That gun is the most BS thing in the history of COD.

Someone is always complaining about Sniper Rifles/Snipers on COD.

What I always say is give it a go yourself and you will see it is FAR from easy to snipe on this game and do even half decent when going up against parties with automatic weapons.

You can see that sniping and it's popularity from previous title has taken a big hit on this version and even looking on YouTube there are not half the Snipers or Sniping focused channels that there has been in the past.

There are far bigger and more immediate problems with this game than one sniper rifle.

Someone is always complaining about Sniper Rifles/Snipers on COD.

What I always say is give it a go yourself and you will see it is FAR from easy to snipe on this game
I never had a problem with Snipers until AW( and then its only the MORS*).
Not really, I do pretty well with them only reason I don't snipe is because it just hasn't been fun since MW2.
(MW2 had a few good sniper maps but 4 snipers had a purpose on every map besides Showdown and Shipment.

The bullet trails have to be fixed if nothing else, they aren't close even 50% of the time.

*It also isn't Exo movement making me a bigger target because im mostly playing classic.

Top Bottom