• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Hey guys, I picked up the AW Xbox One controller but have the game on PS4 - it came with an Xbox One code for a free supply drop. Quote to see, and it's yours (if you are quick enough :p )

Just finished the campaign. Pretty fun but man was that story dumb. Kind of disappointed after how hyped up it was in here. Still, it was an enjoyable experience overall, a lot of really cool/fun levels even if half the time it felt like the game was playing itself.

Just finished the campaign. Pretty fun but man was that story dumb. Kind of disappointed after how hyped up it was in here. Still, it was an enjoyable experience overall, a lot of really cool/fun levels even if half the time it felt like the game was playing itself.

The story itself was highly predicable, Ubisoft did the same basic story with Tom Clancy's HAWX. But it was fun to play.

psychotron

Just started this on ps4 and it seems to be stuttering as I enter new areas. It's like how the Halo games would freeze for a second as you got a checkpoint. Is this normal?

Sojgat

Haven't been able to play online MP for the last few days (PS4, Australia).

Just keep getting "The call of duty Advanced Warfare online services are not available at this time" error message.

Anyone know what the deal is?

RedAssedApe

Banned
some of the daily challenges have been frustrating. the other night was "get 4 different kill streaks in a game"

almost impossible for me to not die due to the spawning.

then today was win three times in uplink. goddamn teammates always playing these objective modes like tdm.

supply drops have been awful too. got a pair of enlisted boots for one. another was the care package one...which is basically useless if you get the elite version and playing tdm as most games never even last 6 minutes.

biteren

hooray!!! i think i solved my gameplay issue!!! and it was simple!!!

play Hardcore mode.

this has solved almost every issue i was having with the game and im back to having fun again, so looks like im back in, i just wish there was a mixed bag playlist in hardcore.

Daffy Duck

I really wish they would scrub clan wars out of public play and into their own lobbies.

It's hateful playing this game when there is a clan war on, 6 clan members against a split lobby, you just get done over.

It's not clan wars, it's just who can fuck over pubs the most, Pit them against other clans, you know, how clan wars should be/used to be on PC games years ago.

RedAssedApe

Banned
at least once a week this game freezes on me. always seems to be when there is a lot of action going on and i get mele-ed so freaking annoying. have to restart the game. is this a known bug?

I really wish they would scrub clan wars out of public play and into their own lobbies.

It's hateful playing this game when there is a clan war on, 6 clan members against a split lobby, you just get done over.

It's not clan wars, it's just who can fuck over pubs the most, Pit them against other clans, you know, how clan wars should be/used to be on PC games years ago.
Clan wars are only for specific modes each week. So if you check the subreddit each clan wars you can see which modes to avoid.

But yeah, it is really fucking stupid that there isn't a Mercenary playlist.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So when I'm play split screen on the xbone, and Riot comes up as the map, the game completely freezes about 90% of the time. Does this happen to anybody else?

So when I'm play split screen on the xbone, and Riot comes up as the map, the game completely freezes about 90% of the time. Does this happen to anybody else?

Activision literally came out and said that online splitscreen wasn't a supported feature and is a glitch that it is even available.

jond76

Banned
Is there a theater mode in this one? I seen to remember some of the previous entries having it. I had a really good match and want to watch it if possible. Haha

Are you allowed to play with your own guns in ranked play or make your own classes at some point?

I feel like people are just drawing on me wicked fast and even when I am shooting them they just blow me away after two bullets.

Daffy Duck

Are you allowed to play with your own guns in ranked play or make your own classes at some point?

I feel like people are just drawing on me wicked fast and even when I am shooting them they just blow me away after two bullets.

Yep, use whatever stupidly OP variant of a weapon you want.

I was going to get into RP this game, but the idea that people can have elite weapons that other players can't putting you at an instant advantage in something that is supposed to be about skill ruins it. No thanks.

Sledgehammer games make some bone headed decisions.

Of all of the things that Sledgehammer tried to copy from Black Ops 2 the only thing that they got remotely right was Pick 13. But the way attachments are unlocked and how they reset with each prestige is so stupid, especially after the separate weapon prestiging in BO2.

Yep, use whatever stupidly OP variant of a weapon you want.

I was going to get into RP this game, but the idea that people can have elite weapons that other players can't putting you at an instant advantage in something that is supposed to be about skill ruins it. No thanks.

Sledgehammer games make some bone headed decisions.

What level do you have to be? These preset classes suck.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Of all of the things that Sledgehammer tried to copy from Black Ops 2 the only thing that they got remotely right was Pick 13. But the way attachments are unlocked and how they reset with each prestige is so stupid, especially after the separate weapon prestiging in BO2.

The weapon prestiging system was so great in BO:II, hopefully it's back in Treyarch's next game.

RedAssedApe

Banned
working on 4th prestige.

having to re-unlock attachments for every single gun i want to use/try is super annoying.

does prestiging actually unlock anything good at this point? seems like all you get is equipment and emblems?

working on 4th prestige.

having to re-unlock attachments for every single gun i want to use/try is super annoying.

does prestiging actually unlock anything good at this point? seems like all you get is equipment and emblems?
You just get the Atlas Tier 1 gear. Nothing special. I'm stopping at prestige 6 to get all of the extra classes.

RedAssedApe

Banned
You just get the Atlas Tier 1 gear. Nothing special. I'm stopping at prestige 6 to get all of the extra classes.

ah yeah i keep forgetting about the extra custom classes. guess its not really worth it to prestige anymore outside of "bragging rights"...although for most people its more a matter of how much time you are able to put into the game than actual skill level

just got my elite boartusk IMR. is there an IMR that increases reload speed? that's really my only dislike...although i guess thats kind of the point with a gun that replenishes ammo

i like the pink em1 pwner too :)

I was just about to quit for the night and I opened a Speakeasy. Guess I'll be at it until 3am again.

Haha I can't believe I had to play against this OP gun for so long. Screw unlocks.

emrober5

at least once a week this game freezes on me. always seems to be when there is a lot of action going on and i get mele-ed so freaking annoying. have to restart the game. is this a known bug?

I haven't been playing this too often, just got on for the first time in a few weeks and was going to post something about this.

Game froze on me twice tonight.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I haven't been playing this too often, just got on for the first time in a few weeks and was going to post something about this.

Game froze on me twice tonight.

someone on gaf pmed me the other day asking me for more info. possibly a qa person from sledgehammer/activision. he said he thinks this is a bug that will be fixed in the next patch...whenever that might be. i didn't really press as i would have no way to know if it was legit :)

So are dedicated servers ever coming to this? Popped on tonight briefly, was getting one shotted non-stop.

https://community.sledgehammergames...-reverse-boosting-trick-shotting-and-the-like

i have a feeling only the matchmaking is done using dedicated servers and the actual games are still p2p hosted. is that how ghosts was? only played the 360 version. also don't know enough about networking to be able to tell. i can't remember if i've seen "host migration" notification in this game on ps4. that was usually the tell-tale sign that it was p2p and the host dropped. although i notice that games often end abruptly mid-game...which shouldn't be happening if its a true dedicated server right? miss the old server browser that used to be in every pc game...at least that's one thing i like about battlefield. you used to also be able to prioritize by connection/region...that's gone too. SBMM sux.

I was just about to quit for the night and I opened a Speakeasy. Guess I'll be at it until 3am again.

Haha I can't believe I had to play against this OP gun for so long. Screw unlocks.

they hooked me in with the daily challenges. i log in for like a hour or so each day just to do the challenge and also get that random timed drop. been noticing that my drops have been a lot worse lately. used to get three items quite frequently now i often only get one and its some shitty cosmetic thing. that being said i really need to stop playing alone and wait for my friends to come on. thats a recipe for disaster. there's always 1-2 players on a team that lose the game for you because they go 1-15. they are so bad that them rage quitting and putting you a man or two down is actually a good thing...sigh

anthym

Neo Member
Welp, I now have every statistical advantage you can have on a twitchy FPS like this...well except for those ridiculous looking "gamer glasses" that I see people wearing. I have gigabit fibre internet, a SCUF 4PS, KontrolFreeks, Astro A50s and the newest addition: a Sony Bravia KDL-60W630B, which clocks in at 23ms input lag on a 60 inch screen. I have been using my Vizio M-Series 50" 240hz up until now in game mode. I can't find a solid answer online but I believe the lag time on that one was around the 35-40ms range.

Playing different modes with different guns over the past few days and finally decided on what gun I like best. I try to use guns nobody else uses. I used the ASM1 from day 1 when the BAL was the most OP gun in the game. Now everyone is using it so I've switched to the IMR. I lucked out with supply drops and have the thunder tusk and boar strike variants. I've been destroying everyone with the Boar Strike but I did have to slow down my play style from rushing to hanging back and holding down parts of the map. My average KD in TDM went from 1.8 with the ASM1 to over 3 with the IMR.

If I get tired of that, I have the Obsidian Steed, Speakeasy, Goliath, Insanity, and Breakneck to fall back on.

zychi

Banned
Welp, I now have every statistical advantage you can have on a twitchy FPS like this...well except for those ridiculous looking "gamer glasses" that I see people wearing. I have gigabit fibre internet, a SCUF 4PS, KontrolFreeks, Astro A50s and the newest addition: a Sony Bravia KDL-60W630B, which clocks in at 23ms input lag on a 60 inch screen. I have been using my Vizio M-Series 50" 240hz up until now in game mode. I can't find a solid answer online but I believe the lag time on that one was around the 35-40ms range.

Playing different modes with different guns over the past few days and finally decided on what gun I like best. I try to use guns nobody else uses. I used the ASM1 from day 1 when the BAL was the most OP gun in the game. Now everyone is using it so I've switched to the IMR. I lucked out with supply drops and have the thunder tusk and boar strike variants. I've been destroying everyone with the Boar Strike but I did have to slow down my play style from rushing to hanging back and holding down parts of the map. My average KD in TDM went from 1.8 with the ASM1 to over 3 with the IMR.

If I get tired of that, I have the Obsidian Steed, Speakeasy, Goliath, Insanity, and Breakneck to fall back on.
Having worse internet is an advantage in all console CODs.

I hope you're a pro gamer or something, because all that stuff you have for this game, a 12 year old kid with a lag switch can make all of that stuff pointless.

Ive officially given up on codaw, going back to the pre ghosts cods.

anthym

Neo Member
Having worse internet is an advantage in all console CODs.

I hope you're a pro gamer or something, because all that stuff you have for this game, a 12 year old kid with a lag switch can make all of that stuff pointless.

Ive officially given up on codaw, going back to the pre ghosts cods.

You're absolutely right. I'm rarely the host, it's always someone 1000 miles away from me. I'm definitely not a pro, however I would consider myself pretty damn good at COD. I've been playing since the original on PC.

Anyways, I don't have all of that stuff just for COD. The internet costs me just as much as some 50Mb from Time Warner, I use the SCUF on all FPS, and the TV...well I just really wanted that TV!

Top Bottom