• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bio Lab and Recovery aren't balanced very well for Momentum I feel. Recovery especially seems pretty one-sided for the team that spawns near the big doors.

CozMick

Banned
Got this game a couple of days ago and is there something wrong on my end or is this game laggy as fuck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovZriC8aq-0

That happens every other game.

I use wifi for my PS4 and Xbox and I've never had any issues with other games what so ever.

It is the laggiest call of duty game since modern warfare 2.

Hideous, and don't let the "everyone has full bars" bullshit fool you into thinking the server is fine.

RedAssedApe

Banned
It is the laggiest call of duty game since modern warfare 2.

Hideous, and don't let the "everyone has full bars" bullshit fool you into thinking the server is fine.

his video doesn't seem like the normal lag/netcode issues people complain about though. his game looks like its literally skipping entire frames. i'v never experienced anything that bad. (note; on ps4)

when i see lag in the game its usually hit detection related where the opposing teammate is there and moving normally but my shots don't seem to be registering or i fire first but he somehow still kills me. occasionally i'll see another player rubber-banding but when that happens i can usually tell someone has a bad connection based on his bars in the scoreboard. my side of the game seems fine in terms of how the game looks like its running.

The game has dedicated servers, the netcode is just god awful. Dedicated servers aren't a panacea for poorly written netcode, they just serve as a stable host.

I find Drift0r's videos insightful and he has done a recent one on the Dedicated servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_cj8AUCwI

In brief:

- He is US based and hits a dedicated server around 1/3 times
- His ping averages around 40
- You can connect to a dedicated server via another player

I recommend you watch the video for most of the details, he does a great job.

Most interesting though, is the lag built into the game code. People call this lag compensation, however, it exists in offline split screen too. You can jump right to this part here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_cj8AUCwI&t=7m18s

This explains the getting killed when you are around the corner issues that many people suffer frustration from.

Is it just me or does it seem like they don't care about the announcers/victory defeat music anymore.
Was thinking about it while playing SnD last night, BO2, Ghosts and AW have been so generic.

Surprised Spacey didn't do Atlas for MP, what happened to the days of Kiefer Sutherland, Gary Oldman, Ice Cube, 50 cent, etc doing MP announcements.

Is it just me or does it seem like they don't care about the announcers/victory defeat music anymore.
Was thinking about it while playing SnD last night, BO2, Ghosts and AW have been so generic.

Surprised Spacey didn't do Atlas for MP, what happened to the days of Kiefer Sutherland, Gary Oldman, Ice Cube, 50 cent, etc doing MP announcements.
It's so they can sell us announcers now.

Ice Cube saying "inbound" is permanently ingrained into my brain.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I just got my 3rd pro pipe in 2 days brb hanging myself.

I know it kinda sucks, but I actually love using the AMR sometimes, especially with the noob tube(I only have the professional version). It's a nice change of pace at least since most of the guns feel the same to me.

Been using the Hole Puncher ARX a bunch lately too and having some great games with it.

Am a little confused, is this DLC out now? Is the only way to buy it through season pass? Can't see it in the UK store?

Never mind found it :) £11.59 and 6.73 GB :(

Weapon buffs from latest patch.

Weapon Balancing Updates (Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants):

HBRa3: max damage range increased

AE4: reduce recoil, increase number of shots before overheating

EPM3: reduce recoil

Tac-19: max damage range increased, reduced spread when using Gung-Ho

Weapon buffs from latest patch.

Weapon Balancing Updates (Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants):

HBRa3: max damage range increased

AE4: reduce recoil, increase number of shots before overheating

EPM3: reduce recoil

Tac-19: max damage range increased, reduced spread when using Gung-Ho

lmfao, i have no words. this is gonna be bal27wars forever!

The AE4 Widowmaker already had insanely low recoil. Though the overheat buff if welcomed.

I'm glad to see the HBRa3 buffed back to where it was. The 3 shot kill distance is much longer now.

Toa TAK

Banned
No impressions of Exo Zombies, yet?

It's fucking awesome and it's here to stay baby! Just finished my first game and we made it to round 25 with a group of randoms and mics. I was lucky.

The easter egg song is apparently "Ride of the Valkyries" (only the first part). I laughed when one of the guys put it on so quickly. More Elena Siegman or Kevin Sherwood this go around (which was expected).

The exo-zombies all have a variation to keep you on your toes. As you would expect, the lightning blue exo-zombie that temporarily disables your exo-suit is the most annoying. Second place for annoying would be the gassy green zombies that can infect you. If you're infected you must decontaminate yourself ASAP at the cost of $250. Zombie dogs are back, though they're nowhere near as frequent as their Treyarch counterparts. But they, too, come in the same variations as their exo-zombie friends. Like the Treyarch versions, the have a dedicated round to themselves. Same with the infected zombies, although they're mixed in with the rest.

To turn on the power you must... take two steps to your left and boom! Power on. Unlike Treyarch's maps, turning on the power can be the first thing you do and it's in the starting room with you. The exo-abilities are somewhat the same: Juggernaut, Speed Reload, Quick Revive, (though not by those names), and then a couple new ones such as Exo-Solider (I didn't use it, so I can't tell you what it does from firsthand experience), and Exo-Slam. The exo-suit makes things even more frantic as both you and the zombies are jumping around like maniacs. In some ways it makes it easier to run and evade getting hit and training zombies around isn't a big hassle. The bad part is, it's also easier to get caught in a corner or killed by a boosting crawler if you're not fast enough or don't think where you're jumping to. When you get downed, you DON'T lose your perks immediately like before. If your teammates are fast enough, you can keep everything! They just have to be quick enough. If not, you will lose a perk before you die off. And once you do, you lose it all. It's a big help in reaching those higher rounds. Some multiplayer equipment is here as well. They drop from the sky like they do in multiplayer and they're also a big help in early rounds (like the mobile turret) and provide great distraction later on (like the stationary turrets). It's great to see zombies in the AW universe to use the gameplay tools that CODAW provides.

Money doesn't seem to be a problem in Exo-Zombies. At least for me it wasn't. Even with four people shooting around everyone always had enough to get what they needed. Even upgrades and the perks above aren't as expensive as before. Plus, there are green terminals you can find that just give you $100. Upgrading guns is great. If you run out of ammo, you can upgrade for ammo as well as the boost in power and attachtments for your weapon. I carried an Uzi the whole game and upgraded it fully and it was fantastic. Upgrades cost you $2,500. But like I said, slaying zombies will take care of the work no problem. The 3D Printer is the new mystery box and costs $1000 and it's pretty cool. It operates the same as the mystery box and "malfunctions" to move somewhere else. There are maps across the level to show you where it is, though. No more looking up at the sky. Also, all the power ups are back, too, under different names of course, but you'll know them once you see them. There is a new one, Power Surge, which activates all the traps in the map. It's actually how we went down, the last man got killed between sliding doors. How anti-climatic.

The characters are pretty cool, too. The mode starts off with a cutscene (which isn't botched up like in the trailers). I was Malkovich Malkovich, and he's easily my favorite of the bunch. He's so out there with talking about "the war", food, and just general animosity towards his employer Atlas and the A.I. in an area of the map. Rose McGowan's character is fun, too, and has a back and forth with Malkovich. I can't say much for the other two, as I didn't hear any dialogue from them (that I remember). But it's Bill Paxton, how can he possibly suck? There IS an easter egg and narrative to the level, no doubt. Once you get the game over screen there is a dialogue between a woman in charge and someone else. In general, these characters are pretty chatty. But just like Treyarch's groups, it's in good fun and it's nice to see that AW isn't taking this as anything super serious.

Anyways, I was planning to make more clips, but you--zombies gets hectic and without a kinect to tell to record, I can't get away from the chaos on screen. Trust me, I'm not a good player, but I figured I'd leave these here to finish my impressions of my first game of Exo-Zombies:

Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3

It's fucking awesome and it's here to stay baby! Just finished my first game and we made it to round 25 with a group of randoms and mics. I was lucky.

The easter egg song is apparently "Ride of the Valkyries" (only the first part). I laughed when one of the guys put it on so quickly. More Elena Siegman or Kevin Sherwood this go around (which was expected).

The exo-zombies all have a variation to keep you on your toes. As you would expect, the lightning blue exo-zombie that temporarily disables your exo-suit is the most annoying. Second place for annoying would be the gassy green zombies that can infect you. If you're infected you must decontaminate yourself ASAP at the cost of $250. Zombie dogs are back, though they're nowhere near as frequent as their Treyarch counterparts. But they, too, come in the same variations as their exo-zombie friends. Like the Treyarch versions, the have a dedicated round to themselves. Same with the infected zombies, although they're mixed in with the rest.

To turn on the power you must... take two steps to your left and boom! Power on. Unlike Treyarch's maps, turning on the power can be the first thing you do and it's in the starting room with you. The exo-abilities are somewhat the same: Juggernaut, Speed Reload, Quick Revive, (though not by those names), and then a couple new ones such as Exo-Solider (I didn't use it, so I can't tell you what it does from firsthand experience), and Exo-Slam. The exo-suit makes things even more frantic as both you and the zombies are jumping around like maniacs. In some ways it makes it easier to run and evade getting hit and training zombies around isn't a big hassle. The bad part is, it's also easier to get caught in a corner or killed by a boosting crawler if you're not fast enough or don't think where you're jumping to. When you get downed, you DON'T lose your perks immediately like before. If your teammates are fast enough, you can keep everything! They just have to be quick enough. If not, you will lose a perk before you die off. And once you do, you lose it all. It's a big help in reaching those higher rounds. Some multiplayer equipment is here as well. They drop from the sky like they do in multiplayer and they're also a big help in early rounds (like the mobile turret) and provide great distraction later on (like the stationary turrets). It's great to see zombies in the AW universe to use the gameplay tools that CODAW provides.

Money doesn't seem to be a problem in Exo-Zombies. At least for me it wasn't. Even with four people shooting around everyone always had enough to get what they needed. Even upgrades and the perks above aren't as expensive as before. Plus, there are green terminals you can find that just give you $100. Upgrading guns is great. If you run out of ammo, you can upgrade for ammo as well as the boost in power and attachtments for your weapon. I carried an Uzi the whole game and upgraded it fully and it was fantastic. Upgrades cost you $2,500. But like I said, slaying zombies will take care of the work no problem. The 3D Printer is the new mystery box and costs $1000 and it's pretty cool. It operates the same as the mystery box and "malfunctions" to move somewhere else. There are maps across the level to show you where it is, though. No more looking up at the sky. Also, all the power ups are back, too, under different names of course, but you'll know them once you see them. There is a new one, Power Surge, which activates all the traps in the map. It's actually how we went down, the last man got killed between sliding doors. How anti-climatic.

The characters are pretty cool, too. The mode starts off with a cutscene (which isn't botched up like in the trailers). I was Malkovich Malkovich, and he's easily my favorite of the bunch. He's so out there with talking about "the war", food, and just general animosity towards his employer Atlas and the A.I. in an area of the map. Rose McGowan's character is fun, too, and has a back and forth with Malkovich. I can't say much for the other two, as I didn't hear any dialogue from them (that I remember). But it's Bill Paxton, how can he possibly suck? There IS an easter egg and narrative to the level, no doubt. Once you get the game over screen there is a dialogue between a woman in charge and someone else. In general, these characters are pretty chatty. But just like Treyarch's groups, it's in good fun and it's nice to see that AW isn't taking this as anything super serious.

Anyways, I was planning to make more clips, but you--zombies gets hectic and without a kinect to tell to record, I can't get away from the chaos on screen. Trust me, I'm not a good player, but I figured I'd leave these here to finish my impressions of my first game of Exo-Zombies:

Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3

945.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the season pass, but it won't let me play Exo Zombies. The popup keeps coming up on my screen, but it says I purchased the season pass.

Is there a separate playlist for the new maps that's supposed to show up in multi too?

Toa TAK

Banned
I bought the season pass, but it won't let me play Exo Zombies. The popup keeps coming up on my screen, but it says I purchased the season pass.

Is there a separate playlist for the new maps that's supposed to show up in multi too?

Did you go ahead and try to download the DLC pack itself in the in-game menu?

If you try that, the game will say that you already own Havoc and will ask you if you want to install it. Then you say "yes".

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Did you go ahead and try to download the DLC pack itself in the in-game menu?

If you try that, the game will say that you already own Havoc and will ask you if you want to install it. Then you say "yes".

Wasn't working.

Went into My games and Apps and it's just sitting at 1%, never moving.

Edit: Network status says purchase and content use is down right now...

GeeDuhb

I assume that you have to initiate to download physically from your console if you have the SP? It doesn't auto download or allow you to start it from the site? I am just at work and would like it to be downloaded when I get home...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I assume that you have to initiate to download physically from your console if you have the SP? It doesn't auto download or allow you to start it from the site? I am just at work and would like it to be downloaded when I get home...

Seems that way, or at least that's how it is for me. The download didn't start until I initiated it two hours ago, but the network did seem to be having some problems.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
In response to tweets complaining about OP weapons like ASM1

They just seem to be touching the same weapons over and over, the Bulldog and S12 are still pure garbage, same with the MK14.

Hell the EPM3 with those changes is still probably terrible, anyone use it yet?

They just seem to be touching the same weapons over and over, the Bulldog and S12 are still pure garbage, same with the MK14.

Hell the EPM3 with those changes is still probably terrible, anyone use it yet?

Is just pure shit. I have the variant that gives it +1 Damage and less ammo. Even with attachments to boost accuracy you still have to pump two rounds into someone on HC.

Top Bottom