• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Close to Mid Range with that should be a one shot kill. Even HC is a two shot job.

I suppose I could see it feeling limited in HC (I really never play it) when everything else's TTK comes down. In Normal, the Rifled variant only needing to land a decent body shot and then graze 'em with the 2nd shot feels about right. Close range it's about as deadly as you'd expect, and close-to-mid it's so fast-firing it works. That's all I find I need for most maps--it's so much easier to force close encounters in CoD:AW.

All that said, I ditched it for the Tac Roundabout once I got that.

Tokubetsu

Still using the hbr average joe since game won't drop ainy HBRs for me. Can't really complain though since I've got both asm1 strider & speak easy plus IMR boarstrike which I wanted for a long time.

Toa TAK

Banned
COD servers just kicked me off since they're "unavailable at this time" right as I was about to finish the Easter Egg.

=\
=\
=\
:'(

Daffy Duck

Played for the first time in a little over a week last night and got my ass hadned to me, my reactions were way off to even be able to compete against people. I blame too much REmake and Far Cry 4 ruining my CoD twitch reactions.

I know it wasn't lag as I'm using a Netduma R1 router, I was just not quick enough on the draw.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How lucky do you guys get with Warbirds?

It seems like a hit marker machine whenever I use it, and I'm lucky if I ever get 4 kills with the thing.

I've been running the Aerial Assault Drone with missiles and that thing is a beast. Basically get 4 guaranteed kills every time, and 5+ depending on how well the team is spread out. It's only 750 points too.

I still can't play Survival or Zombies with friends. Is anyone else running into this?

Since launch when I am in a party and I hit matchmaking it drops all my friends. Every time.

Toa TAK

Banned
I still can't play Survival or Zombies with friends. Is anyone else running into this?

Since launch when I am in a party and I hit matchmaking it drops all my friends. Every time.

I've been having a problem with the servers since yesterday on zombies as well. At first I thought it was my end, but it's not. Kinda annoyed, since I'm loving Exo-Zombies right now.

So I have been playing a of bit multiplayer and I have been inconsistent to say the least. It always felt my enemies had one up one me. A better reaction time or a sixth sense even. They just seemed quicker than me. I was talking someone about this and they said have I put my TV in to game mode. I didn't even know my TV had one. Iv changed it into game mode and I have just had the 3 best games of my life back to back. 19 - 4 13 - 7 and 23 - 5. Could this all be down to enabling this mode in my TV?

Picked this up recently for cheap, enjoying it more than i thought!

I applied for the NeoGAF PS4 clan, anyone i need to contact to let them know i'm a gaffer?

PSN : jacob_armitage

jediyoshi

Damn, i finally remembered to activate the day zero code and it says its invalid. It was sealed, im quite sure factory sealed.

The activision support site seems to be down, i'll try again tomorrow.

rakka

So uh, I considered black ops 2 an amazing game. Great maps, UI, time to kill, flow, sound design, visuals, everything. Absolutely despised ghosts on 360, sold it straight away. Literally hated it. Disgustingly short TTK meant it became whoever shoots first. That In itself isn't a bad thing I guess, more of a preference, until you factor in the huge maps that don't even seem to have been play tested. A million spots to camp.. Rewards camping and killstrqaks are both confusing to use and at the same time overpowered. I don't like camping but at the same time I don't like dying all the time when I get shot in the back. Got it for the xbone and still no fun. Just a very unpolished, unbalanced feeling game compared to blops 2. Loadout system sucks and is confusing too. Pick 10 was easy. Ghosts load outs Are a fucking nightmare and the icons will take me forever to learn and I don't have access to a lot of them by defAult?? Lol. HUD sucks in ghosts as well. Hard to read my ammo, score, kill feed etc. so much more clear on black ops 2

Anyway. If I enjoyed black ops 2 and hated ghosts, what wil I think of advNced warfare--should I get it?

Toa TAK

Banned
If you're like the rest of us and loved BOII but hated Ghosts, AW is a great shock to the series. The Exo Suit brings a lot to the series and AW's campaign is up there.

Duxxy3

So uh, I considered black ops 2 an amazing game. Great maps, UI, time to kill, flow, sound design, visuals, everything. Absolutely despised ghosts on 360, sold it straight away. Literally hated it. Disgustingly short TTK meant it became whoever shoots first. That In itself isn't a bad thing I guess, more of a preference, until you factor in the huge maps that don't even seem to have been play tested. A million spots to camp.. Rewards camping and killstrqaks are both confusing to use and at the same time overpowered. I don't like camping but at the same time I don't like dying all the time when I get shot in the back. Got it for the xbone and still no fun. Just a very unpolished, unbalanced feeling game compared to blops 2. Loadout system sucks and is confusing too. Pick 10 was easy. Ghosts load outs Are a fucking nightmare and the icons will take me forever to learn and I don't have access to a lot of them by defAult?? Lol. HUD sucks in ghosts as well. Hard to read my ammo, score, kill feed etc. so much more clear on black ops 2

Anyway. If I enjoyed black ops 2 and hated ghosts, what wil I think of advNced warfare--should I get it?

It's better than Ghosts, but that doesn't mean you'll like AW. I like the maps, TTK and guns in AW... but the movement is not for everyone.

The movement eliminates some of the strategy that people like in CoD, simply by allowing flanking maneuvers from any direction at any time. Classic mode exists, but was obviously added very late in development as half of the maps are very poor without exo movement.

If you buy AW then at worst you'll end up with a great single player campaign.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah just a warning, you will get shot in the back pretty often in AW.

That's not a fault of the maps however(except maybe Drift, which feels like you need to be watching every direction at once, but I haven't played it all that much admittedly).

Ghosts is a garbage game, and AW is better in every way. Feels more like Black Ops II, especially create a class., but I don't think the guns are as varied. Plus there is the issue of special gun variants, meaning somebody can be carrying a better version of a gun than you just because they got a lucky supply drop.

rakka

Most of my playtime is MP anyway so that's good to hear :)

But yeah. Thanks guys, think I'm gonna give it a go on the Xbone. I like that it's closer to Blops 2 than ghosts.

Speaking of variations in weapons, I had so many "favorite" weapons in blops2. One of the countless reasons I hate ghosts was that 1) the weapons were boring, sounded EXACTLY the same (not to mention sound was buggy), 2) didn't really make a difference what weapon you used since ttk was non-existent and maps were crap... only actually gained a significant advantage if you equipped the heat tracker sight or whatever and camped. just so disappointing.

There weren't any single shot rifles similar to the SMR or FAL from blops 2 in ghosts... the marksman rifles didn't really do it for me. Is there anything like the SMR in AW?

Duxxy3

Most of my playtime is MP anyway so that's good to hear :)

But yeah. Thanks guys, think I'm gonna give it a go on the Xbone. I like that it's closer to Blops 2 than ghosts.

Speaking of variations in weapons, I had so many "favorite" weapons in blops2. One of the countless reasons I hate ghosts was that 1) the weapons were boring, sounded EXACTLY the same (not to mention sound was buggy), 2) didn't really make a difference what weapon you used since ttk was non-existent and maps were crap... only actually gained a significant advantage if you equipped the heat tracker sight or whatever and camped. just so disappointing.

There weren't any single shot rifles similar to the SMR or FAL from blops 2 in ghosts... the marksman rifles didn't really do it for me. Is there anything like the SMR in AW?

No. Closest option is the MK14, but right now it's pretty bad.

Jaeger

I miss the SMR. My go to weapon is the ARX in this CoD, however. When I get that Hole Puncher, it will be over for my opponents.

T.O.P

Banned
Just bought the Havoc pack, mostly for the exo zombie mode

Will give it a try later today, add me up! GT: KI Heisenberg

Daffy Duck

I'm loving the HBR insanity too at minute, between the bal inferno, the hole puncher, AK12 RIP and insanity I have a nice range of weapons to pick from, only one I want is the speak easy.

Jaeger

I'm loving the HBR insanity too at minute, between the bal inferno, the hole puncher, AK12 RIP and insanity I have a nice range of weapons to pick from, only one I want is the speak easy.

It's fun (from the times I picked it off dead players) but it's not the best of the ASM1 variants. The best are the Magnitude and Rigor. ;)

The Beat Fist is too inaccurate at long range for me to use anymore after using the Average Joe.

I just unlocked the Boar Strike though, so I'll have to give that a run through.

I just want that motherfucking patch already so I can use the AE4 again.

Top Bottom