• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Japarican

Banned
Oh wow really? Wonder if they did that deliberately to hide playercount being lower if all of the really low pre-order stories are true. You can still get on any of the past games and get a playercount, that's crazy.

Yeah, there was no reason to hide...that's the only reason I can think of too

joesploggs2

Neo Member
I am pretty confused by this day zero business. If I call into a shop tomorrow lunchtime (UK) can I buy the game? Or is it only onsale tonight at midnight and then officially on Tuesday?

LiteBulb_

Neo Member
No, I get that, the bad guy here is definitely Activision for trying to control the message so tightly. But Videogamer still wins because they get their review out first and a shit ton of hits, the review still has a decent score bolted on so Activision won't mind too much, so the only people who're diminished by this are the reviewers who are obligated to honor the embargo. They played by the rules and came in second.

Not saying it's Videogamer's fault, though. They did what anyone would do.

:shrug: life isn't always fair.

Balls means alot of upset consumers who want the game they have preordered to be a 10/10 perfect game or they will claim that who ever wrote the review they and their site are idiotic morons who dont deserve respected opinions

I don't think anyone believes that a CoD game in this day and age will receive mostly 10s. The formula is far too familiar for such a thing to happen. People just don't like VideoGamer.

I'm not even really a fan of any CoDs post-MW2, but the review might as well be from Biogamergirl if it's from them. They've been a dreadful site since Lees left.

Is there a Day 1 patch/content update on Xbox One and if so how big is the file?

Looking to play through the campaign a couple of times and then pass it off to the son considering he likes the competitive multiplayer action.

I am pretty confused by this day zero business. If I call into a shop tomorrow lunchtime (UK) can I buy the game? Or is it only onsale tonight at midnight and then officially on Tuesday?

Basically, if you pre-order the game you can get it either tonight a midnight, or tomorrow. A day early.

With that said, the game officially releases on Tuesday so you should still be able to go in there tomorrow and pre-order, at which point you should be able to just outright buy it. Unless of course the Day Zero copies are limited.

I don't think anyone believes that a CoD game in this day and age will receive mostly 10s. The formula is far too familiar for such a thing to happen. People just don't like VideoGamer.

I'm not even really a fan of any CoDs post-MW2, but the review might as well be from Biogamergirl if it's from them. They've been a dreadful site since Lees left.

The fuck are you on about? What's wrong with the review that you're comparing it to Biogamergirl? Did you even read it? I didn't find anything egregious.

Also, speak for yourself.

FrsDvl

Managed to get money together and pre ordered on XB1. Is anyone else having extreme slow download speeds? I'm at 1% and it's been 20 minutes.. On a 100mbit connection.....

joesploggs2

Neo Member
Basically, if you pre-order the game you can get it either tonight a midnight, or tomorrow. A day early.

With that said, the game officially releases on Tuesday so you should still be able to go in there tomorrow and pre-order, at which point you should be able to just outright buy it. Unless of course the Day Zero copies are limited.

Thanks- I imagine my local GAME store won't turn me away if they have copies. I have gift vouchers from last xmas which I really should use- Tesco seems to be the lowest price from what I have read.

The fuck are you on about? What's wrong with the review that you're comparing it to Biogamergirl? Did you even read it? I didn't find anything egregious.

Also, speak for yourself.

I stated earlier that I wouldn't read the review if it's from them so I can't speak on the content. I'm saying that, for myself, they have no credibility so it might as well be Biogamergirl.

Also, many people don't like VideoGamer. All it takes is a GAF search to know that.

FunkMiller

Surprised at the videogamer hate, I really like them, I see them as a site where the people actually have some bloody balls.

Agree. Maybe it's a sarcastic British wit thing. I can understand why some wouldn't like them. Burns is a smug British arsehole, after all. Personally, I love the podcast. Probably the only one where the comments and opinions are totally genuine and unapologetic. Also swearing. They lost a step when Simon Miller left, but still good in my book. Decent score for AW as well, glad I've preordered.

LowParry

I think we got a good COD game here. If this averages around a 8/10 score, it's true. But this would be my rate for the MP. SP I'll do later.

Dubz

I think I have it installed on the X1. Is there a way to know for sure because I would hate to have to download it at launch time.

Mayyhem

Managed to get money together and pre ordered on XB1. Is anyone else having extreme slow download speeds? I'm at 1% and it's been 20 minutes.. On a 100mbit connection.....

Yeah mine just hit a fucking brick wall. It's 4pm now and im at 49% stalling, I dont think Ill get to 100% by midnight.

JayEH

Yeah mine just hit a fucking brick wall. It's 4pm now and im at 49% stalling, I dont think Ill get to 100% by midnight.

I had a similar problem preloading the MCC. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your Xbox is on the entire time it is downloading.

via antitrop on twitter. this might make some noise

B1dLyiZCYAAYyTh.jpg:large

edit: I see this was already posted last page.

Mayyhem

Mine was going at around 250kb/s. I unplugged Ethernet cord, jumped on wifi, now it's going between 5/6mbps

Really? I'm on ethernet because I thought Wi-Fi would inherently download slower...

I'm affraid to unplug cause I feel like it'll screw up the download
/paranoia

FrsDvl

Really? I'm on ethernet because I thought Wi-Fi would inherently download slower...

I'm affraid to unplug cause I feel like it'll screw up the download
/paranoia

Yeah, that's why I was on ethernet too.. If you pause the download before you unplug it shouldn't be a problem. Or I'd think so anyways.

I've been downloading for 8 hours and it's at 80 percent right now. I'm glad I started when I did, at this rate it'll be ready just in time.

joesploggs2

Neo Member
I have played every COD online since COD3. I usually prestige at least once, maybe buy a map pack (two at a push) then I am done. But with Ghosts I didn't even get close to prestiging before I gave up.
Now I am slightly on the fence- the excitement of previous releases is gone but I am hoping to get 2-3 months of online fun from this unlike Ghosts which I only played got about 2 weeks.

What are the early opinions like?

SFenton

Having just read the review:

What makes the exosuits such a joy to use – and indeed makes the whole of multiplayer so satisfying – is the map design, some of which is among the best any Call of Duty has to offer.

Thank, fucking, God. Ghost's maps were awful. With solid map design, I'm now in 100% hype force.

Top Bottom