• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I downloaded an entire playthrough, deaths and restarts included, to my computer. It clocks in at around 4 hours and 20 minutes. There was also a separate walkthrough that completed the game start to finish in two sessions of 150 minutes.

It looks like it has a 4-5 hour average playtime.

oh well

What difficulty?

probably normal, which is what I play on anyway :p

Kai

LOL. Roy Hibbert from the Indiana Pacers just joined Nadeshot's (pro player) game of AW on his stream. MLG.tv/nadeshot if you want to watch.

Karak

The one I downloaded was normal. I'm not sure about the other one.

Man maybe I sucked more at this one. I wasn't a ton longer but definitely more than that.

Looks like the update bug for xbox one isn't hitting everyone. Seems to be totally random right now. Sucks for download limits.
LOL. Roy Hibbert from the Indiana Pacers just joined Nadeshot's (pro player) game of AW on his stream. MLG.tv/nadeshot if you want to watch.
Ha. Going to check that one out.

So now in the Call of Duty franchise, we have:
- the Black Ops series set in the near future (at least it was in its last iteration)
- the Ghost series set in the near future
- the Advanced Warfare set in the near future

Great...

Feeroper

If I pre-buy the digital 360 version right now, can I start preloading the XO version right now as well and play both tonight at midnight? The digital upgrade offer makes me want to pull the trigger on the last gen version as I have a couple friends who haven't got a new gen console, but I want to be sure I can immediately start the pre load for both versions now and play both as of midnight.

Karak

- the Black Ops series set in the near future (at least it was in its last iteration)

Great...

This is almost 40 years in the future and is by far the biggest jump in both equipment and world view.

CozMick

Banned
If I pre-buy the digital 360 version right now, can I start preloading the XO version right now as well and play both tonight at midnight? The digital upgrade offer makes me want to pull the trigger on the last gen version as I have a couple friends who haven't got a new gen console, but I want to be sure I can immediately start the pre load for both versions now and play both as of midnight.

This worked, but the other way round for me.

I bought it on ps4 and was able to download the ps3 version straight away.

a916

The usefulness of preloading.

According to that thread, it's affecting people that abused the NZ exploit. So when users went and changed their region. The game was downloaded again for the new zone.

If that is the case, well, sucks to game the system and grab a glitch.

MattyG

Banned

Great...
To be fair, Ghosts might as well just be modern, and BO2 and AW are pretty different in terms of their technology.

I'm hoping that each dev takes a time different time period from here on out though. Maybe Treyarch could do past, IW could do modern and SHG could do future.

Karak

According to that thread, it's affecting people that abused the NZ exploit. So when users went and changed their region. The game was downloaded again for the new zone.

If that is the case, well, sucks to game the system and grab a glitch.

The first couple pages have people who live in NZ and Aust. getting hit as well. And the Xbox staffer there says it is a true bug and that they are looking into it.

On Demand

Banned

Great...

I hope Treyarch goes back to WW2 next year. Keeps things interesting and fresh instead of having everything always be set in present day or the future.

Duxxy3

Great...

I wouldn't rely on Black Ops 3 to be set in the near future. Advanced Warfare might as well be called Black Ops 3, they're that close.

I'm not sure what the future is for IW. Ghosts was just awful and a bad Ghosts 2 might just kill the franchise. Personally I would cancel the Ghosts series and move back to the more established Modern Warfare series.

k4n3

Banned
via antitrop on twitter. this might make some noise

B1dLyiZCYAAYyTh.jpg:large

edit: I see this was already posted last page.

i like press F to cut off leg better

woen

Great...

Not really the same "near future"

Black Ops 2 is 2025
Ghost is 2017
Advanced Warfare is 2054

Karak

That really sucks then.

Ya totally. Many people are playing fine and got a much smaller update. But others it seems to mess up.
2 people say they hard reset 2 times and the game went from needing to redownload to needing to update and worked fine. But not sure where they were in the process.

It's not disrespectful, it's just stupid. It's really, really stupid.
Alternatively, it is a way to make you feel like you are actually doing it rather than it just doing it without any interaction from you. In other words you are not just watching a story, you are participating in it.

You made the character pay the respects at the time you think is right. Ergo, you had the feelings.

Even if you were told to do so.

I simply cannot see any issue with it.

30 minutes ago I had no intention of buying this game... but I'm starting to feel the itch to play call of duty again. How are the early impressions of the multiplayer? For reference, I really liked black ops 1 (and titanfall), and I thought MW2 was merely okay. Haven't played any other CoD games.

Mayyhem

The first couple pages have people who live in NZ and Aust. getting hit as well. And the Xbox staffer there says it is a true bug and that they are looking into it.

Ouch... This is gonna really suck if it doesn't get resolved by release tonight, I'm scared to unlock at 12am est.

a916

Ya totally. Many people are playing fine and got a much smaller update. But others it seems to mess up.
2 people say they hard reset 2 times and the game went from needing to redownload to needing to update and worked fine. But not sure where they were in the process.

Is this problem exclusive to only Xbox users? Haven't seen any reports for the PS4 (I say this because I have a PS4 and I would be choked if I had to re-download the entire thing mere hours before unlock)

I simply cannot see any issue with it.
I think it may have been best if the game didn't prompt you to do anything. If you pressed forward towards the coffin, then you could pay your respects.

Sometimes subtlety is the way to go, and sometimes the choices that end up sticking with you are the ones where you didn't even know there was a choice to make (see Spec Ops: The Line).

Karak

Is this problem exclusive to only Xbox users? Haven't seen any reports for the PS4 (I say this because I have a PS4 and I would be choked if I had to re-download the entire thing mere hours before unlock)

Can't see any such complaints about other systems and the issue seems very limited in scope and now I am seeing more posts about people rebooting and the update working fine. Still looking though and asking in a couple IRC channels.

jeffc919

Great...

No telling what happens in the next few years though. Treyarch could do a BO3, or go back to WWII era, or do something else entirely. Personally, I think Ghosts will be a one and done title. It reviewed poorly and seems to be the least liked COD so far. They could go back to the well one more time and do a MW4, or maybe "reboot" the series (just a thought) since it could be the first current gen only COD. Three years from now, maybe we see an AW2....Sledgehammer said they'd like to do it, but a lot could change between now and then, and it might depend a lot on how well the first AW is received.

I'm terrified of this Xbox One update issue.

Someone on Reddit said that the controller with the plus icon on the game tile means it's updated, is this the case?

Fracas

#fuckonami
So i bought this.

Is there local online MP? I know blops had it; can I and a friend play MP online on the same PS4?

Top Bottom