• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Ellite25

via antitrop on twitter. this might make some noise

B1dLyiZCYAAYyTh.jpg:large

edit: I see this was already posted last page.

Why would this make noise? Because you press a button to pay respects? That's not controversial. It might be an unnecessary time to use the button prompts but it's nothing disrespectful.

Looking forward to the dev that will be brave enough to raise TTKs and make the multiplayer of this game more then a battle of who has the best TV and least Internet latency. After several hours with AW it's clear to me it's not going to be sledgehammer this time around.

Karak

Having just read the review:

Thank, fucking, God. Ghost's maps were awful. With solid map design, I'm now in 100% hype force.

Ya it is universally great MP design from maps, to perks, to setups.. And this is from someone not a huge fan of a couple of the past MP sections. There is a couple perks that work wonky but that is gonna be patched ASAP.

CozMick

Banned
Looking forward to the dev that will be brave enough to raise TTKs and make the multiplayer of this game more then a battle of who has the best TV and least latency. After several hours with AW it's clear to me it's not going to be sledgehammer this time around.

My W7 and 20mb upload has me covered on all bases. the lower the ttk, the better :p

AHA-Lambda

Damn, I'm actually getting kind of excited for a Call of Duty game, what the hell? XD

And that's saying a lot in a fall season that is filled with bugger all else (imo) too!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
via antitrop on twitter. this might make some noise

B1dLyiZCYAAYyTh.jpg:large

edit: I see this was already posted last page.

Whilst the image is a bit silly just on its own it's perfectly fine and it's heart is in the right place. They should have had your character just place his hand on the coffin by himself.

It's you at your best friends funeral and you just watched him die in the last mission, losing someone you cared about a lot which then leads into you joining Atlas

Didn't really bother me whilst playing it.

alterno69

Banned
Whilst the image is a bit silly just on its own it's perfectly fine and it's heart is in the right place. They should have had your character just place his hand on the coffin by himself.

It's you at your best friends funeral and you just watched him die in the last mission, losing someone you cared about a lot which then leads into you joining Atlas

Didn't really bother me whilst playing it.
Same here, i thought it was fine.

MJLord

Why would this make noise? Because you press a button to pay respects? That's not controversial. It might be an unnecessary time to use the button prompts but it's nothing disrespectful.

This is it. Before people start labeling us all disrespectful commies or something.

Compsiox

Banned
If I go in tomorrow at Gamestop..

Will I be able to buy it even if I didn't preorder?

If so will i get the preorder items?

antitrop

It's not disrespectful, it's just stupid. It's really, really stupid.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I am in a dilemma...

My PS4 is out to repair and it will take two weeks or so. I want to play this game ASAP... I can get the XB1 version but the performance is worrying me. Anything regarding that? Aside from 900p which I don't really care.

Karak

Same here, i thought it was fine.

It wouldn't be a COD without some politically motivated bullshit problem someone found. Sure they could have had it done automatically but whatever. Either way the moment I played it I knew someone would bitch about it because 'reasons'.

So I am in a dilemma...

My PS4 is out to repair and it will take two weeks or so. I want to play this game ASAP... I can get the XB1 version but the performance is worrying me. Anything regarding that? Aside from 900p which I don't really care.
Side by side they have been identical to the naked eye to me aside from the res change.
EDIT: I should add I had 12 or so peeps at my home while watching me and a friend play on both systems and no one seemed to see any huge difference at all.

Installing the X1 version right now.

While waiting, I went into a local match against bots to test things out. I didn't have any problems adjusting to the exo movement. Clicking+moving the stick left or right to dash may be the only thing you'll have to get use to but nothing difficult about it. Everyone should adjust fairly quickly.

I also equipped a riot shield to see how it was. That fast melee attachment is awesome and SOOO quick. That attachment feels much quicker than the other versions in past games. That will be getting heavy use in hardcore.

I'll be back with more impressions once I'm able to jump online...but I think I may play some Exo Survival first to see if I can beat that.

MJLord

It wouldn't be a COD without some politically motivated bullshit problem someone found. Sure they could have had it done automatically but whatever. Either way the moment I played it I knew someone would bitch about it because 'reasons'.

Nobody has said anything politically motivated. It's just a really crap use of QTE's

Playing with a VPN, just customizing my character and emblem, when the game crashed with this message:

ValidateData:TAMPER DETECTED: MISMATCH @ [37][37888-38912]([728941653] != [3667117826]),Category=[4],Size=[786432],ValidateStart=[38592],ValidateSize=[96]. Report issue and set 'data_validation_enabled' to '0' as a workaround.

Any ideas what that means? I'm currently validating the game cache in steam. I wonder if it's related to the VPN, or MSI Afterburner's injection. Weird.

Karak

Nobody has said anything politically motivated. It's just a really crap use of QTE's

Yes they have. Life isn't just neogaf sorry.

Playing with a VPN, just customizing my character and emblem, when the game crashed with this message:
Any ideas what that means? I'm currently validating the game cache in steam. I wonder if it's related to the VPN, or MSI Afterburner's injection. Weird.

Looks like MSI.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word / chance that the campaign is longer than the usual 4-5 hours? Im tempted by the PC on GMG, but I dont do multiplayer :/ I do really enjoy those cod campaigns tho

Alienous

any word / chance that the campaign is longer than the usual 4-5 hours? Im tempted by the PC on GMG, but I dont do multiplayer :/ I do really enjoy those cod campaigns tho

I downloaded an entire playthrough, deaths and restarts included, to my computer. It clocks in at around 4 hours and 20 minutes. There was also a separate walkthrough that completed the game start to finish in two sessions of 150 minutes.

It looks like it has a 4-5 hour average playtime.

Karak

I downloaded an entire playthrough, deaths and restarts included, to my computer. It clocks in at around 4 hours and 20 minutes. There was also a separate walkthrough that completed the game start to finish in two sessions of 150 minutes.

It looks like it has a 4-5 hour average playtime.

What difficulty?

...What are you talking about? I didn't rant. Calm down brother you are way overreacting to players NOTICING something and posting their thoughts. Easy man.
I'm not sure where you saw politically motivated agenda against that "Press F to Pay Respects" more than it's kind of really silly for a QTE. Source?

Top Bottom