• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ghosts is near future like BLOPS2? I thought it was modern (its the only one I still havent played)

nah I own it, and I like the COD campaigns :/

theres a chaotic element about them that gets to me

It doesn't matter. Even the most hardcore Call of Duty fan knows that Ghosts is an AWFUL game. Campaign is awful, multiplayer is some of the worst multiplayer ever put in a AAA title and even though some like it, I'm in the camp that hates Extinction too.

Other than a contextual lean mechanic, Ghosts is the most generic, by the numbers piece of trash the series has seen and should be thrown in the same shovelware bin as Duck Dynasty: The Video Game.

That felt good to let out.

woen

tumblr_n0xbniYJBq1sjzfa9o1_500.gif

Midnight is basically this.

Nokterian

It doesn't matter. Even the most hardcore Call of Duty fan knows that Ghosts is an AWFUL game. Campaign is awful, multiplayer is some of the worst multiplayer ever put in a AAA title and even though some like it, I'm in the camp that hates Extinction too.

Other than a contextual lean mechanic, Ghosts is the most generic, by the numbers piece of trash the series has seen and should be thrown in the same shovelware bin as Duck Dynasty: The Video Game.

Ghosts is even the worst on PC but yes overall worst CoD to date.

So, for pre-load on PS4 I have to download a 7GB file and then when the game opens, a 42 GB file?. Really?

Nope, mine downloaded the 42 or 43gb's in the background. I think that's just the size of the single player or multiplayer. Whichever one you chose to download first. The rest will download in the background.

I suck at COD multiplayer but I'm a sucker for their single player campaigns, this year they got me right in the heart with robots and exo suits. Can't wait to fire it up.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Can I just walk in to Walmart tonight at midnight and just buy it or do I need to actually pre order it?

I'm pretty sure they'll stock CoD. I'm about 100% sure of it. They also have fantastic precooked pizzas too

One thing I hate about Walmart is that it's probably the most diverse store on the market. They only highlight certain games and it's mixed in with everything else.

It took me less than a month to realize how shitty that game truly was from release.

What's the consensus? I tapped out of COD after MW3 and haven't played since. But after that much needed break I do fancy jumping back in again. But I've not been following AW at all.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What's the consensus? I tapped out of COD after MW3 and haven't played since. But after that much needed break I do fancy jumping back in again. But I've not been following AW at all.

It's the first game. How do you follow what isn't out yet? Watch a trailer, it takes like 3 minutes. If you played up till MW3 then I think you're safe. The CoD dry season has probably already passed if not being completely finished. I'd suspect only rhetorical opinions and people simply "not buying CoD because breh" will be its biggest worries.

I'd hate to have that dinner conversation tonight.

Something has gone horribly right when the main thing people are bringing up to explain why Advanced Warfare is terrible is "Press F to pay Respects".

Welp, I'm in gentlemen. First time I've owned a COD since Modern Warfare 1... Hopefully the internet hamsters run at full speed and I can play it by the time it unlocks in 6 hours.

Not gonna lie, I'm most excited to play zombies mode again (once it's released). I would always go over to my buddies house to play it when BLOPS released.

So watching this "therace" stream I'm noticing something i caught earlier from a video in this thread, some kind of lag/jump assist??

Here is a good example of what I'm referring to:
http://youtu.be/mYqBey-sdV0?t=26s

And then here too, same video:
http://youtu.be/mYqBey-sdV0?t=6m30s

Clearly misses the jump, yet a split second later gets thrown to where he intended on going. I'm seeing this a lot in this livestream too.

Has this been discussed? Because it's rather distracting and annoying me already.

a916

That map design in MP is what utterly destroyed any chance of it being a quality shooter.

It made it even MORE apparent when they released Favela and it stood miles above any of those other MP maps. Which lends credence to the theory that the biggest misfire in Ghosts was the maps.

kuYuri

I consider myself one of them and I don't agree at all. But to each their own. The campaign was by the numbers though and was the weakest package of the game.

alterno69

Banned
So watching this "therace" stream I'm noticing something i caught earlier from a video in this thread, some kind of lag/jump assist??

Clearly misses the jump, yet a split second later gets thrown to where he intended on going. I'm seeing this a lot in this livestream too.

Has this been discussed? Because it's rather distracting and annoying me already.
Basically if you miss a jump by a hair you make it but there's no animation showing you do it, kinda sucks but i think it was foxed in the latest patch

That map design in MP is what utterly destroyed any chance of it being a quality shooter.

It made it even MORE apparent when they released Favela and it stood miles above any of those other MP maps. Which lends credence to the theory that the biggest misfire in Ghosts was the maps.

A lot of maps post MW2 are shit.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Something has gone horribly right when the main thing people are bringing up to explain why Advanced Warfare is terrible is "Press F to pay Respects".

I don't know how that scene will actually feel, but it's most certainly fiction. We get movies like Fury because guys who were once considered "hot" got together and made one defend mission great. We get the full treatment and it's the joke of entertainment.

Someone could of said the training course in CoD4 was pathetic, but you could finish it and get to the real game. I'm just saying we enjoy media because it's entertainment, it's a story someone else thought up, but we've gotten to a point where it's not about that.

Any person sitting down on the internet is going to see this pic or clip and wonder this "opinion". I watched a few detailed war movies in my life and I wonder if people from that era would even budge. If we look back 10 or 20 years after this game or any game everything looks so much smaller or the graphics look 10x worse. What's feeding all that? What's making things like that? They let the endorphines fly with Twilight and shit like that.

If he's a dead soldier then half the people who've been through that pain will think this is "shit" or half the people think it's "too fake to be good". I just wonder if fiction has been done in anymore.

Feeroper

Anyone know if I pre-order digital XB1 version, does the digital upgrade thing work in reverse, as in can I then get the 360 digital version for free? I know it works that way the with PS4 and PS3.

The reason I ask is because you cant pre order the 360 digital version, and I wanted to do that free digital upgrade to play with friends on both platforms, but will have to wait until Nov 4.

maneil99

Anyone know if I pre-order digital XB1 version, does the digital upgrade thing work in reverse, as in can I then get the 360 digital version for free? I know it works that way the with PS4 and PS3.

The reason I ask is because you cant pre order the 360 digital version, and I wanted to do that free digital upgrade to play with friends on both platforms, but will have to wait until Nov 4.
Yes

Nodnol

Any X1 preloaders had their download play up?

Earlier it was 42%. Then it was 26%.

Now it seems stuck at 25%.

At this rate, Day Zero isn't happening for me!

Could be lag, the ledge climbing ability is faster than previous cods.

Mayyhem

Any X1 preloaders had their download play up?

Earlier it was 42%. Then it was 26%.

Now it seems stuck at 25%.

At this rate, Day Zero isn't happening for me!

Mine has not gone backwards as yet, that would really make me rage. It has however randomly hit points in the download process where it stalls for a long time on a single percent.

I'm at 73%, started at 1PM...

Guys... GAF Game Night.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Gamemode?

Michael. Myers.

Just think about it with Exo-Suits and the power-punch...

Top Bottom