• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Montresor

... you know that isn't what he meant.

Speaking for myself: NO I don't know what he meant. Spell it out. You and others saying "Hoo boy, this will make noise" aren't saying why we should be offended, why any of this will be controversial.

As I said before, it seems like it will be a nice moment and actually makes me want to get the game a little but. I skipped Ghosts and I'm waiting on campaign reviews to make my decision (I don't care about COD multiplayer).

So, for pre-load on PS4 I have to download a 7GB file and then when the game opens, a 42 GB file?. Really?

I'm not sure what you expected here. 7GB is the minimum you need to download to be able to play as you download then it will continue downloading the rest of the game in the background.

Aaaand Steam is patching! Weha. Only 3 hours till TWD/Homeland tho :(.

PS4 patch is up as well. 110.5MB.

Any X1 preloaders had their download play up?

Earlier it was 42%. Then it was 26%.

Now it seems stuck at 25%.

At this rate, Day Zero isn't happening for me!

Known issue with Xbox preload IIRC. The progress meter is just messed up, it's not actually losing progress.

Well, preload and install finished on my PS3. Mainly got if for the Cross-Buy since I plan on getting a PS4 in March due to Type-0 HD/FFXV demo. With this I will at least have a multiplayer game ready to play.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking daylight saving time, gotta wait another hour.

Still on the fence about picking it up tonight or just waiting until tomorrow. The daylight savings time shift is messing things up.

haveheart

Banned
installing is a torture.

it SAYS it needs 45gb.

I've got 60gb free space but it asks for way more. en/decription is the horrors...
Update: Multiplayer folder is 69gb now, still asks for more space. I'm desperate...

Anyone know if I pre-order digital XB1 version, does the digital upgrade thing work in reverse, as in can I then get the 360 digital version for free? I know it works that way the with PS4 and PS3.

The reason I ask is because you cant pre order the 360 digital version, and I wanted to do that free digital upgrade to play with friends on both platforms, but will have to wait until Nov 4.

I'm not 100% certain but I think it's only one way, so you should buy it on 360.

Nodnol

Known issue with Xbox preload IIRC. The progress meter is just messed up, it's not actually losing progress.

I've only ever preloaded Destiny and that was fine.

Any known fixes? So whilst the progress meter is saying one thing, it's likely that actually the game is further along than indicated?

I've only ever preloaded Destiny and that was fine.

Any known fixes? So whilst the progress meter is saying one thing, it's likely that actually the game is further along than indicated?

I could be wrong on this, but that is what I heard in other threads since this issue also was happening with preloading MCC. Correct, the game is further along. It's downloading/installing fine, the progress bar is just the thing that's displaying wrong. It will complete the preload fine. No fixes that i'm aware of.

a916

So is IW now the lowest tier of the COD devs?

Only since the real IW is at Respawn. But let's wait a week or month to see how AW plays out and how the maps are. (let's be honest, once the community familiarizes themselves with the maps, the way the game is played will change compared to day zero)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's not double, I installed it on my 80GB secondary SSD with no issues.

Has anyone who purchased the game early played Search and Destroy? How does it feel with all the exo abilities? I'm only asking because I don't think we've seen any footage of it yet and that's my favorite mode.

Nodnol

I could be wrong on this, but that is what I heard in other threads since this issue also was happening with preloading MCC. Correct, the game is further along. It's downloading/installing fine, the progress bar is just the thing that's displaying wrong. It will complete the preload fine. No fixes that i'm aware of.

Guess I'll just cross my fingers! Thanks.

9 hours of work then I get to play. Haven't been hyped for a COD in years. Big question is, Campaign or MP first? Given that I will already at least 10 hours behind most people in Australia doing the campaign first probably wont be too bad, i've never really struggled to keep up with people many levels ahead anyway.

That's what made it fun.

ibaZxsiZfSeP6x.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome OT

LOL House of CODS

Haven't been excited for a cod game in a long time. Ghost and BLOPS sucked!

I'm ready to throw down over your blasphemy, anything Treyarch touches is gold. I'll give you Ghosts though, it was a turd.

That sucks...here i thought i could play it on my EU account instantly after 00:00.

Did you buy it from the US store? because that is why it would still be locked. i bought my Digital from the AU store and it unlocked about 10.5 Hrs ago. Digital games unlock at midnight in the location it was bought from.

janoDX

I'm not sure what you expected here. 7GB is the minimum you need to download to be able to play as you download then it will continue downloading the rest of the game in the background.

Just realized of that, I never knew that the file will be 7GB but then I looked at the app management and it showed as 42GB and it was still downloading.

It was some of ignorance on my part since this is my first pre-load on PS4.

BokehKing

Banned
Only since the real IW is at Respawn. But let's wait a week or month to see how AW plays out and how the maps are. (let's be honest, once the community familiarizes themselves with the maps, the way the game is played will change compared to day zero)
Let's keep it real, Ghost was the lowest of the low (title previously held by MW3)
i believe in Treyarch, and possibly sledgehammer since they borrowed from Treyarch with emblem editors and pick 10

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Put me in the camp that really enjoyed Ghosts campaign, it was completely ridiculous (and in many ways more ridiculous than Advanced Warfare) but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Extinction was good fun too.

However multi is where it let the side down and don't worry about that, AW is leaaaaaagues above Ghosts. Really liking the maps so far in the game.

Squishy3

I used a VPN to unlock the SP to play it and ofc all the data regarding game logic and weapons is contained in the MP download. There's literally no point in differentiating them as separate games in Steam itself anymore, considering the SP download is only 6.6 GB. The folder just contains the levels for SP, cutscenes and the distributables for the game.

Top Bottom