• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Nokterian

Did you buy it from the US store? because that is why it would still be locked. i bought my Digital from the AU store and it unlocked about 10.5 Hrs ago. Digital games unlock at midnight in the location it was bought from.

Yeah this sucks i didn't knew that ah well learned my lesson this time. Still going to play it though no worries.

wrongway

Fuckin' Steam. Sat on unpacking for the last half hour with the ETA saying 3 minutes. Eventually saw there was no drive activity so I restarted Steam, now the ETA's ping-ponging between 15 and 40 minutes. lol? o_O

p3tran

Banned
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!

SANTORINI (THYRA) MULTIPLAYER MAP

monasteries, Greek flags, drop down view and all

I really like this! 8)

also, framerate is solid for me up to now on multiplayer. I havent noticed anything like slowdowns/hiccups etc

bGanci

Banned
Could anyone tell me if gamestop is holding midnight releases for the day zero edition? Also if so can i go to gamestop at midnight and just pick a copy up or do i have to preorder it?

played about three matches so far, connection seems a little shaky for me, I hate the shooting the grenade part of the game. It's gonna probably be different at midnight but it seems like I'm getting matched up with foreign players right now

Just preorder through PSN for PS4. I'am stoked. I skipped out on the last 3 COD's. I'am ready to get back in.

Same here, I'm psyched to get back into it.

Question: Does anyone know when they'll let me download the ps3 version since I've preordered for ps4? We do get both versions, correct? Sorry if this has already been asked.

Put me in the camp that really enjoyed Ghosts campaign, it was completely ridiculous (and in many ways more ridiculous than Advanced Warfare) but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Extinction was good fun too.

However multi is where it let the side down and don't worry about that, AW is leaaaaaagues above Ghosts. Really liking the maps so far in the game.
As a guy whose last CoD was MW3 3 years ago and who picked it up on sale last month, I thought it was a pretty competent game that fulfilled my campaign and coop expectations. I've never been big on the competitive MP component of CoD so I didn't touch that though.
Ghosts clearly isn't a high point in the series but I had a good time with it.

I started my ps4 download days ago and when I check the information it says "30gb/42gb". Is that normal for a preload? Or is this dl just crawling at an ungodly rate?

Plumpman

I started my ps4 download days ago and when I check the information it says "30gb/42gb". Is that normal for a preload? Or is this dl just crawling at an ungodly rate?

Yeah I just posted about this earlier, I think PSN is just slow as molasses right now.
Evil Within was 40GB and downloaded within mere hours (before the 2.0 update).

Mine downloaded super slow, took me almost 2 days i think. but other games patches were normal speed. i think the sony server that has CoD on it has just been slow and overloaded. I know others had super slow speeds with the game also.

Tovarisc

Uncall my duty if old.

As a leak suggested earlier this week, zombies will gather once more to crowd around soldiers in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, according to a press release from GameStop. The mode will be "part of" Advanced Warfare's season pass, a $49.99 purchase...

via Joystiq

First COD in forever that I'm actually interested in playing.

My 'problem' is that all of the elements that intrigue me are basically ripped right out of Titan Fall.

I played the HELL out of Titan Fall (one of my top 3 games of the year, easily), so I'm worried that this COD is going to feel really familiar, even if it's the freshest COD in years.

on PS4 What can I do after the 5.94 gb is finish downloading?
Or do I have to wait till the countdown is finish? Which is little over 4 hours away.

on PS4 What can I do after the 5.94 gb is finish downloading?
Or do I have to wait till the countdown is finish? Which is little over 4 hours away.

The rest of the game will DL in the background. over the game go options...Info it will tell you how much has been Downloaded. The first bit is just so you can boot the game while you start to play when it is released.

a916

Keep buying season passes people, now modes that were part of the base games in the past can be yours with an extra payment of 50!

Yeah, let's ignore that it already comes with a wave based co-op mode (aka MW3) alongside a campaign and MP mode.

Yeah, let's ignore that it already comes with a wave based co-op mode (aka MW3) alongside a campaign and MP mode.

Are you really defending the multi-billion dollar corporation in this situation? You are the reason this kind of shit is keeps getting worse and worse with every game release. Fuck sake!

Yeah, I'm focusing on the zombie mode that used to be part of the base game every other year. They did keep the tradition with an extra payment now of course.
To be fair you will be able to get it seperatly and AW has its own survival mode
Yes, but the kind of mode that people care significantly less about, and Activision knows that.

HelloMeow

AW is much slower than Crysis 2, 3, Titanfall, and even Destiny. There's no real system for gathering momentum like wall running in titanfall or feathering your movement mode in Destiny.

The tacked-on Exo maneuvering is probably the biggest "expectations vs reality" letdown in the game. I expect to see it brought up a lot in reviews. There is no comparison to Titanfall, and I even feel more mobile/agile in Destiny.

You must be joking. Yes, you can move faster in Titanfall, but you can't dodge in Titanfall.

The game has just come out, so I don't even know how it's going to be playerd, but right now if you know what you're doing, you can basically continuously boost.

I should make a video or something. The movement features are not tacked-on.

Top Bottom