• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
So for the low price of 109.99 you can get the game plus zombies and probably what, 12 extra maps? People defend that shit?
People spend their money in what they like and their point needs to be respected even if your opinion goes against theirs

i agree with you, it is BS

bigf00t

Looking for a couple people to play with tonight/tomorrow on PC. Release nights are always better with a group. Steam tag is bigf00t and I'll be playing some BLOPS2 pre-launch tonight as well.

Duxxy3

I feel like that would be something that would be improved over a couple of decades.

You can probably use the exo-suit excuse for the lack of recoil. It would be cool if there was recoil in the classic playlist, where exo suits basically shouldn't exist.

ChuckNyce

People thought Ghosts was awesome on day 1.

Let's see in a week or a month before we claim it is awesome.

That's true, we'll have to wait and see if there will be a backlash, I won't be surprised if you find a lot of people that just don't like the new speed/movement. It being awesome though is just my opinion at the moment of course, I seem to remember people being down on Ghosts from the moment it was revealed but maybe that's just the circle I was in, who knows.

BraXzy

I really can't decide whether to get this or not. What were early review impressions like? I regretted buying Ghosts and said to myself I wouldn't bother with anymore CoD's but there's nothing quite like just jumping into the MP for an hour or two and having fun.

I could drive out to like.. my local Tesco Express and pick one up right now. Someone help me make a decision? :p

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait seriously?

Fucking "journalists" man. Im all for respecting nda, but once the game is out they should release reviews.

And yes, "Day 0" counts as being out.

Does not compute.

You are for respecting the NDA but then you say the completely opposite.

"I'm all for respecting the NDA but eff the NDA"

TEH-CJ

Banned
Couple of hours into the campaign so far and its extremely dull and boring. The graphics are not as good as you guys think as well.

The AI is the worst I have ever seen in a fps and the level design is literally a straight corridor with no branching paths. The audio is pretty good but the mixing could be a bit better.

5 out of 10 so far

CJSPARTAN is my stream name

Cj01

Just got back from pre purchase and apparently I can only get zombies with the season pass!

F that ever since I got burned with ghost I said no. I didn't get it but a part of me is dead inside.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I really can't decide whether to get this or not. What were early review impressions like? I regretted buying Ghosts and said to myself I wouldn't bother with anymore CoD's but there's nothing quite like just jumping into the MP for an hour or two and having fun.

I could drive out to like.. my local Tesco Express and pick one up right now. Someone help me make a decision? :p

Its just as bad as Ghost so far. Granted im only 3 hours in but it has been a extremely dull ride so far.

Graphics do not even come close to Shadow Fall guys so don't get your hopes up. Lighting is ok but the game is filled with AA issues, low poly models and a really horrible blur filter.

I am going to wait for the "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" Sakes next week.

I don't want to wait out in the cold with 800 people for this deal.

ViciousDS

Banned
Just got back from pre purchase and apparently I can only get zombies with the season pass!

F that ever since I got burned with ghost I said no. I didn't get it but a part of me is dead inside.

Wow....that's one way to make people bite...fuck that

BraXzy

Its just as bad as Ghost so far. Granted im only 3 hours in but it has been a extremely dull ride so far.

Graphics do not even come close to Shadow Fall guys so don't get your hopes up. Lighting is ok but the game is filled with AA issues, low poly models and a really horrible blur filter.

I've never bothered too much with the campaigns because I expect them to be mediocre :L

How is the gunplay online? Fun or frustrating? I haven't really enjoyed a CoD since MW2/Black Ops.

What system?

alterno69

Banned

What platform? Cause i'm playing on Ps4 and it's pretty crisp, no aliasing either.

Nokterian

From the pc thread :

Turn off shadow/sun caching. Completely busted settings.

Your doing it wrong and by the looks of it the hate is pretty bad here. I saw enough streams and PC looks great. What is even more weird why even bother buying it? I mean you don't like CoD by the looks of it.

What platform? Cause i'm playing on Ps4 and it's pretty crisp, no aliasing either.

He is playing pc but he didn't go the pc performance thread instead of bitching for no reason. And yes what i have seen PS4 looks crisp and clean.

but how's the actual map design, respawn speeds, pick 13 system, etc.?

I'm sure the game is probably fine, but releasing the game before the review embargo is up is the greasiest fucking shit in the league. That kind of thing should be illegal... or something.

Duxxy3

I'm OK with it looking worse than Shadow Fall. I just hope the campaign is better than Killzone's. That is the worst FPS campaign I have every played through (Battlefield 3 comes in second).

MrBlonde

what do u mean zombies with the season pass? There is no zombies other then the bonus wave thing.

alterno69

Banned
If they do reset stats they'd be doing me a favor, i was dreadful up until like level 18, level 30 now and i can stay at the top of the class now :), please reset the XP activision.

hamchan

I'm OK with it looking worse than Shadow Fall. I just hope the campaign is better than Killzone's. That is the worst FPS campaign I have every played through (Battlefield 3 comes in second).

It's a standard CoD campaign, so it'll easily be better than Shadowfall.

Top Bottom