• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

The Beard

Alternatively, it is a way to make you feel like you are actually doing it rather than it just doing it without any interaction from you. In other words you are not just watching a story, you are participating in it.

You made the character pay the respects at the time you think is right. Ergo, you had the feelings.

Even if you were told to do so.

I simply cannot see any issue with it.

Yes, if I experienced that moment for myself, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. QTE's can be cheesy, but I don't see the big deal.

BraXzy

I know it's too early to really tell but what are early impressions of multi? I'm talking gunplay, map design, perks etc?

Recall

Really gutted how poorly the PS3 version looks. Those kill notices and general fonts used are in possibly the lowest resolution.

Just played a quick hour since midnight finally arrived.

The movement is really good and fluid. The new mechanics are easy to use and you get used to them quickly. TTK definitely feels longer than Ghosts. The graphics are nice and crisp with vibrant maps that remind me of Blops 2.

Got my ass handed to me in the first few games as I expected but I did better every game. I just need to learn the maps. So far I think it's pretty good and I look forward to playing more.

PS4 btw

The Beard

Its just as bad as Ghost so far. Granted im only 3 hours in but it has been a extremely dull ride so far.

Graphics do not even come close to Shadow Fall guys so don't get your hopes up. Lighting is ok but the game is filled with AA issues, low poly models and a really horrible blur filter.

That's cool for people who actually care. I don't care if it doesn't blow me away visually, I just want to have some fun. It's COD, who expected Shadow Fall graphics anyways ?

JLck

Note: This week Activision held a review event for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. VideoGamer.com was not invited to this event. We were told we would receive a copy of the game on Monday, November 3, after the game had been released. Instead we bought the game ourselves and present this review without any form of embargo to adhere to.

What? So they bought the game and have already played it, when? From the Hong Kong or NZ store or something? Even then, they'd had 12 hrs max to play and write a review.

Karak

I know it's too early to really tell but what are early impressions of multi? I'm talking gunplay, map design, perks etc?

I love it. Love it. Sincerely the most fun I have had in a MP game in years. The map design is both horizontal and vertical which can catch people a bit unaware at first and some are going to say its Titanfall but its not. Perks are interesting but there are a couple that seemly super overpowered I can see them getting nerfed. Unlocks are often and make sense though I would have liked more cosmetic additions to be available from the getgo.

Bots seem to work on all MP level types including capture kinds of games.
Split screen MP
Split screen Co-op special forces levels
Are all in.

alterno69

Banned
What? So they bought the game and have already played it, when? From the Hong Kong or NZ store or something? Even then, they'd had 12 hrs max to play and write a review.
I've had the game since friday afternoon in Mexico, i'm sure i could've beaten the campaign and prestiged by now if i wanted to.

Duxxy3

It's been possible to get it from smaller stores for about a week. Pretty easily available by mid week. That's plenty of time to review a call of duty game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
why do i keep buying call of duty games?

see you in game

image.php

Karak

It's been possible to get it from smaller stores for about a week. Pretty easily available by mid week. That's plenty of time to review a call of duty game.

Ya the first pic I saw of a copy in the wild was...at least that long ago I think. Sources around here were a day or two later.

They most likely got a retail copy early from somewhere. People have had this game a week in advance and have been streaming it. They could have easily finished the campaign and played multi in that time.

The Beard

You do realize there have been people live streaming this for almost a week, right ? People have been buying early copies all over the place. It's not exactly implausible to think they picked up a copy on Thursday or Friday, like thousands of other people did, then wrote their review yesterday.

So this channel therace on Twitch. Do they have view bots filling there channel cause chat doesn't move like they have those kind of numbers watching and it's all sponsored by Doritos and dew lol.

Shady859

Just got another 110mb update on ps4 as I was about to hop off. Not sure what it was but checked and it wasn't a stat reset haha. Was about to log out anyway when it popped. New maps are pretty slick without the jet pack stuff. I'm sure those playlists will be packed with CoD purists, although all the other exo pack features work...... Sadly..... Cloak, health and speed stims etc. Those are NOT classic.

Just under 62k in MP rankings last I looked.

Klyka

Banned
WOW this game is smooth on PC.
Like WOW. I have not played something that ran this smooth while looking this decent in ages. It's like, the kinda 60 that almost feels higher than 60,if that makes any sense.

First COD I'm going to pass on, ever. I can already tell from the streams that the lack of bottlnecks and people jumping everywhere is just going to piss me off. Ugh. Guess I'll pick up another game instead.

Shady859

First COD I'm going to pass on, ever. I can already tell from the streams that the lack of bottlnecks and people jumping everywhere is just going to piss me off. Ugh. Guess I'll pick up another game instead.

Classic playlist, no hopping but like I just posted still stim abilities. Here's hoping for an a classic vanilla playlist lol.

Honest inquiry for people that are playing this game:

I don't even touch the single player.

I think COD4 had the most balanced/most fair MP, CODMW2 had the most fun, BOPS 1 was the third best due to wager matches, and every other game was completely fucking horrible.

Is this game any better than the rest or is it just the same shit with a double jump? Because I've been watching streams today and that's what it looks like.

Duxxy3

You might be interested in the classic playlist (no exo abilities or movement). Check back in a few days to see how the population is doing though.

Top Bottom