• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
Is there not a way to see your global KD/R anymore? Is it only surfacing on a mode by mode basis?

I'm not against this, it takes some pressure off and frees me up to experiment, but I was just wondering.

Radian8

No i cannot access the digital pro or other stuff..like at all only on my US account. I am from the netherlands but still EU account. I feel fucking dumb and nobody could have said that because it would happen and it did.
F**k...That really sucks man. That's pretty much the only game on PSN that I've heard that happen to :(

Nokterian

F**k...That really sucks man. That's pretty much the only game on PSN that I've heard that happen to :(

yeah now i need to rebuy the game AGAIN on my EU account but i don't have the money for it...ugh i feel sick. Game is fun but being locked out of other content because US/EU fucking sucks...

Played 2 games before I had to prepare dinner to marinade, this game is fun and fast pace. I am extremely confused about some of the grenades and how to use my abilities but of course that is what single player is for. Looking forward to playing tonight when I get back from class.

Korten

Banned
No i cannot access the digital pro or other stuff..like at all only on my US account. I am from the netherlands but still EU account. I feel fucking dumb and nobody could have said that because it would happen and it did.

Have you tried restarting your system? I'm on PS4 and I couldn't access the stuff for some reason till I restarted. From what I gathered on Reddit, peoeple on XBO were reporting the game thing.

Kolgar

I agree, AW multi looks like the older games at 1080p (weirdly, I get Last of Us: Remastered vibes from the look and 60fps feel). But SP in AW clearly looks a small step up. Just not nearly what I'd hoped for. (The CGI puts the realtime in its place.)

Pssst... People with Last and Current Gen copies...

Your stats bounce between platforms and there happens to be a lot of kids on the last generation versions right now.

If you want to take advantage of the double XP, hop on, get some easy kills, take the rank back to current gen with ya.

v1lla21

Well I just ordered this online through best buy because I was able to get it for 30 bucks. lol. Didn't know I had certificates.

Last CoD I really got into was Black Ops, and I've enjoyed what I've seen of the game so far.

Klyka

Banned
Someone NEEDS to figure out how to turn off doubletap to dodge.

PLEASE someone tell me how to turn this off it is the worst thing one can want in a video game. PLEASE someone find a way for this

T-Rex.

Banned
Restore your licenses, maybe that'll work.

Has it happened to any of the other games (if any) you've bought from the US store?

Riky

$MSFT
Just managed a quick go on 360 version online and High Moon have done a great job, rock solid framerate and looks good. Anyone know if Raven designed the maps this year?

RyudBoy

Anyone else bought the 360/PS3 digital version for the next gen upgrade?

It's not letting me upgrade yet. I assume it will unlock tonight. I better not get screwed over this.

Strider

I caved and bought it lol derp :p I am really enjoying it in the hour so I played it though.

Any of you on PS4 want to team up my PSN = Tstrider. Noticed there's a clan function in game. Does gaf have a clan to join?

Readingaid

Neo Member
yeah now i need to rebuy the game AGAIN on my EU account but i don't have the money for it...ugh i feel sick. Game is fun but being locked out of other content because US/EU fucking sucks...

Dude there was a similar problem with another game a couple of months back. Restore liscenses.

Cavalier

Banned
How is the exo suit? I heard there's a limit to how many times you could use like with mechs in Titanfall but it doesn't replenish until you respawn.

Oh man, I took a peek in there this morning. Baaaaad idea.

Better to leave the bitter ones alone to their circlejerking.

Klyka

Banned
How is the exo suit? I heard there's a limit to how many times you could use like with mechs in Titanfall but it doesn't replenish until you respawn.

it replenishes after a time. there is a limit but it refreshes quite quickly.

the exo suit turns the game into "not call of duty but instead on fucking crack and amazing"

Watching some streams and this still looks like an uprezzed last gen game. (Well, even last gen the engine looked dated already...)

lmbotiva

The stutter on ps4 single player is super annoying, the game has like small freezes every 3 minutes or so, the MP on the other hand is butter smooth and super fun to play

Radian8

That's so terrible. It doesn't seem right, as the PS4 allows you to share games on your primary console with other accounts on the same console. Why would COD be any different?

lmbotiva

Watching some streams and this still looks like an uprezzed last gen game. (Well, even last gen the engine looked dated already...)
It looks great, IQ on ps4 is crystal clear, streams is not the best way to judge it, wait for gamersyde to upload some direct feed videos

Ambient80

so they have taken away the online numbers to hide the fact that less people play cod and charging the ridiculous price for DLC.

$15 for one map pack is ridiculous anyway. Nearly 4 dollars a map, so shitty.

i'm glad i'm done with this franchise, not only do the games stay the same every year, they lie each year and say it is a new engine.

Oh, have they confirmed that? Cause if not then you basically pulled it out of nowhere, and I haven't seen a press release or community update saying so.

Klyka

Banned
What kind of upgrades for exo suit can I expect?

In the multiplayer? None really as far as I could see. You just get the movement stuff for the exo and the abilities like "deploy shield" "get hp boost" "run faster for a time" etc...

in the survival mode you get to upgrade your exo between rounds with more charges and such.

Cavalier

Banned
In the multiplayer? None really as far as I could see. You just get the movement stuff for the exo and the abilities like "deploy shield" "get hp boost" "run faster for a time" etc...

in the survival mode you get to upgrade your exo between rounds with more charges and such.

What's the survival mode? Also, how long does it take to replenish one bar for exoskeleton ability?

MP sure, SP not at all

Really? Both PS4 and X1 are having framerate issue in SP?

Sojgat

Can someone please explain the reload mechanic?

I hear that you only loose the ammo in your mag if you double tap the button, but I've found this to not be the case. It seems to do it every time.

What am I missing?

Maybe AW looks much better in SP, I don't know, haven't tried that yet (I'm not interested in COD campaigns). In MP, though, Ghosts has a clearer, sharper image, and the colors are much more vibrant and appealing, although I realize that the latter has a lot to do with art design.

Still, often is it said that Ghosts looks like a last-gen game, and that is simply not true. Ghosts is a very visually appealing game at 1080p on the PS4, too bad about the unstable framerate (for that alone AW deserves to be put over Ghosts tech-wise, admittedly). Strictly speaking about visuals, though, I do consider Ghosts and AW to be pretty much on the same level, with Ghosts having the edge, if anything. The notion that AW is "next-gen looking" while Ghosts is not is ridiculous.

Now I've heard it all.

I'm running into a lot of people that play quite boring. Just sitting in corners, not using exo moves, etc.

Pretty much expected. Using exo moves punishes you by making you show up on the map. People are already hyper sensitive UAV's, so the last thing they're going to do is give away their position by using exo. I thought this would kill camping once and for all, but it's seemingly backfired and I'm seeing more camping than I have in the past games in the series.

Top Bottom