• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Duxxy3

First CoD since MW2

but has the gameplay always been this... boring? Kinda just strolling through the campaign at the moment and meh. Guns have no real kick to them. Just point and shoot. Kinda bothers me a lot. I can't remember it being this bad.

But I will play multiplayer before writing it off completely.

Having played 7 campaigns in the last week... yeah, they're all similar in gameplay.

Matty8787

So got home ripped packaging open and went to put disc in when I noticed it already installing. My game share buddy hasn't bought this and now the store won't accept a refund because of the seal been ripped so will have to accept trade in price.

Anyway free CoD for me and this happened with FIFA too, yay me?

lmbotiva

One thing i have to say is the after having exo double jump is very very difficult to play without it, i started the MP first and after a few games i switched to SP and the first mission theres no double jump and it felt so weird

THRILLH0

Banned
How can you say Ghosts looks better than this i don't know, that's just not true.
I've had no problems with the respawn system either, yes you tend to respawn close to the person who killed you but i can still keep long killstreaks, i'm level 38btw.

Oh weird. You were level 40 in the review thread last night.

Readingaid

Neo Member
content is released it is in the game i downloaded everything it even popped up saying this is available.
Oh sorry. So you could download it, install it but it doesnt appear in game? Have you logged into your US account to check if it is there? Sounds like it could be a glitch. Redownload?

Klyka

Banned
What's the survival mode? Also, how long does it take to replenish one bar for exoskeleton ability?

Really? Both PS4 and X1 are having framerate issue in SP?

Exo survival mode is a 4 player co-op horde mode against enemies who also use exos. and they are fucking relentless. Like, the AI WILL hunt you and they WILL make your life hard even on the lower difficulties. You play on I think 12 maps? And you basically try to survive a certain number of rounds to "finish" the map. You buy upgrades and new guns between rounds and there are even objectives in many rounds like "defuse 3 bombs" or "collect 12 dogtags".

I haven't actually seen a "bar" for the exo anywhere. But if you use your last dash I say it takes about...3-5 seconds for it to recharge again?

Caved and bought it last night, first cod since mw2, played It briefly and enjoyed the single player. Will be on multiplayer tonight.

If anyone wants to add me on xbone 1 my gt is: Sinister Hawk

Just put you are from gaf in the friend message, looking foreword to playing some matches with you all

Nokterian

Oh sorry. So you could download it, install it but it doesnt appear in game? Have you logged into your US account to check if it is there? Sounds like it could be a glitch. Redownload?

It is all there but not when i switch to my EU account it doesn't show the 4 addons only when i play the game on my US account all the content is there not on my EU account.

farisr

Disappointed to find out that this is yet another COD game without 4 player local splitscreen. I was hoping Ghosts was an anomaly. Well, that's gonna cut down my playtime by quite a bit now.

Can someone please explain the reload mechanic?

I hear that you only loose the ammo in your mag if you double tap the button, but I've found this to not be the case. It seems to do it every time.

What am I missing?

I've read a few people say it's a glitch. So hopefully it's just that.

I believe it is myself because I've noticed a few times it was fine, but other times I ran out of ammo within 30 seconds, lol.

Trace

Banned
Beat the campaign, that was a load of fun.

Will try out the multiplayer later on today now that I have a hang of the systems and combat.

Karu

It is all there but not when i switch to my EU account it doesn't show the 4 addons only when i play the game on my US account all the content is there not on my EU account.
This is really shitty, sorry. :-/

I was about to buy it there myself. Just to clarify, you can't purchase & activate any DLC&stuff, but the main game functions?

Readingaid

Neo Member

Thats super shitty. So they have blocked a few guns and skins regionally, that better not be the case for DLC what about people who have moved out of the states? Ridiculous.

Anyway one last thing to try restore liscenses on both accounts?

Apt101

Sometimes the NPC's in SP do some amazing things. I just saw Ilona jump boost up to a guy and rock him in the face, then power slam his buddy. Saved my life as I was out of ammo and pinned down. Bug change from MW 2, where I would watch Ramirez or Price stand in front of bad guys and spin in circles.

So I just got a message that one of the helmets I unlocked is about to expire.

So you don't get to keep anything you unlock? everything just expires after a while? Is this a joke? lol

Nokterian

This is really shitty, sorry. :-/

I was about to buy it there myself. Just to clarify, you can't purchase & activate any DLC&stuff, but the main game functions?

I have purchased the digital pro edition with season pass and the whole shabang but i cannot access all of the stuff you get even the loot crates didn't come over. Yes i can play the game no problem but i am disappointed i cannot reach my other stuff what i legit paid for.

Thats super shitty. So they have blocked a few guns and skins regionally, that better not be the case for DLC what about people who have moved out of the states? Ridiculous.

Anyway one last thing to try restore liscenses on both accounts?

Restore license works on my US account and yet i get a error on my EU account..so everything is going great. Fyi i live in the netherlands i am dutch. i just buy games from the states because it's cheap.

So got home ripped packaging open and went to put disc in when I noticed it already installing. My game share buddy hasn't bought this and now the store won't accept a refund because of the seal been ripped so will have to accept trade in price.

So you have two CODs? Come on over to the Buy/Sell thread in Community :)

aravuus

aww you mad I insulted your favourite series? enjoy paying $100 a year to play it.

Ahaha no, don't flatter yourself buddy. You're the one wasting time posting in the OT of a game you seem to have irrationally strong feelings against so really, it's not hard to imagine which one of us is better off right now.

But yeah anyway, after 4 hours of multiplayer I feel it's safe to say the game is, for me, just alright. I really dislike this exo stuff. It has ruined the map design for me. No choke points, everyone's just randomly running around, jumping over shit. Aside from Ghosts, I've never gotten killed from behind this frequently in a CoD game, and it's all thanks to the added verticality.

It's not the shitfest that Ghosts was, but for me, right now, it's far behind Blops 1&2 and MW1&2 in enjoyability. There are more frustrating moments than there are fun moments. Maybe it'll get better later on. Hopefully I'll get enough hours out of it to justify the price. If not, guess I'll just go back to CSGO and lament another stupid purchase.

Played a decent amount of single player and multiplayer.

Campaign is pretty cool, story is decent and Spacey is awesome.

Multiplayer can be fun. But it's usually pretty frustrating for me.
The new movement system rocks, it's incredible.
But unfortunately nobody takes advantage of it because the time to kill is SO damn short.

You die instantly, and are shot from every direction if you try to move around using the Exo suit.
The almost instant kill time results in nobody using any weapons besides Assault Rifles and everyone camps.

My other complaint is the spawn system.
My friends and I have had enemies spawn directly in front of us several times.
Enemies also spawn behind you way too often.
I think the spawn system is also part of the reason why you feel like you're always being shot from every direction.

I really hope they fix those two issues quickly.

Sojgat

I've read a few people say it's a glitch. So hopefully it's just that.

I believe it is myself because I've noticed a few times it was fine, but other times I ran out of ammo within 30 seconds, lol.

Hopefully it's a glitch then.

I've noticed there are different reload animations, but it all seems random, and every time I drop ammo:(

I forgot why i stopped playing this series... Time to kill is too low to make any kill satisfying

TTK in this is pretty high, on par with BOII (I'd say slighter higher).

I checked out some COD4 gameplay, and TTK seemed pretty low, despite me remembering the opposite.

I then figured that TTK is fine, so long as map flow and respawn design makes sense. I mean, in COD4, I always had an idea as to where enemies would come from, making deaths/kills fair.

But in newer COD games, it seems like it's a mess, so getting killed instantly is not fun when you cant figure out where you died from.

While I dislike low TTK, I am hoping that the flow in AW makes sense. I am also hoping that there are good ways to escape players with the new mechanics.

I do wish they'd bump the TTK up to what it felt like in COD4.

I dont know where you'd rank TTK, but I disliked MW2, BOII, and MW3.

COD4, WaW, and Blops all felt right.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

maneil99

So I just got a message that one of the helmets I unlocked is about to expire.

So you don't get to keep anything you unlock? everything just expires after a while? Is this a joke? lol
Some stuff like top of the scorrboard or 5 kill streak are temp. Most are permenetent and all loot from supply drops is perm

Gazkapop

I love the share button.

B1i6ztDIAAIPH6R.jpg

funkypie

Banned
your initial post was okay, but I'd be more careful with these types of replies. Especially with "you mad" and "awww" being directed at someone.

I know it was ok and I do not understand why I am being jumped on because I gave a reason why I think something was/is shitty, some people clearly can not take criticism of a game on a video game forum. I also do not need to purchase said game to discuss it either.

Oh, have they confirmed that? Cause if not then you basically pulled it out of nowhere, and I haven't seen a press release or community update saying so.

just read every thread on AW here.

"they have hid the player count"

Etnos

Banned
People die in a second, there is no time for a skilled comeback or anything... Its fun just to play for a while, then it becomes pretty dull for me.

I'm liking the changes for the most part, increase mobility is very welcome. Said so, I can't wait for Halo, no other shooter let you skill duel hand to hand like Halo does.

Gameshare buddy. How was it already installing?

Cavalier

Banned
Exo survival mode is a 4 player co-op horde mode against enemies who also use exos. and they are fucking relentless. Like, the AI WILL hunt you and they WILL make your life hard even on the lower difficulties. You play on I think 12 maps? And you basically try to survive a certain number of rounds to "finish" the map. You buy upgrades and new guns between rounds and there are even objectives in many rounds like "defuse 3 bombs" or "collect 12 dogtags".

I haven't actually seen a "bar" for the exo anywhere. But if you use your last dash I say it takes about...3-5 seconds for it to recharge again?

That sounds sick. Thanks for the info!

Etnos

Banned
I know it was ok and I do not understand why I am being jumped on because I gave a reason why I think something was/is shitty, some people clearly can not take criticism of a game on a video game forum. I also do not need to purchase said game to discuss it either.

just read every thread on AW here.

"they have hid the player count"

Criticism ? Making fair observations-criticism != trolling, you said no argument whatsoever other than the game is shitty, Perhaps to make an interesting criticism you in fact have to play the game first.

Just saying you know, if you actually came here to have a conversation.

I'm by no means a COD fanboy, I'm glad they make some positives changes to the core gameplay thou.

MegaBusta

Welp. Caved in an bought from GMG this morning and I haven't been able to get much done today at work. 20 more minutes. :)

I'm a big fan of Blacklight: Retribution on PC and this looks similar.

Top Bottom