• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

th4tguy

Played a bunch of multiplayer today and some single. Loving the game. Feels good. For the life of me though, I can't figure out how to ground slam. Halp.

Gurrry

I want the game, might get it omw home tonight

But can someone explain to me why loot expires? Is it a terrible design choice or is there some sort of reason for this? Can I ever get that loot to un-expire?

Ambient80

I know it was ok and I do not understand why I am being jumped on because I gave a reason why I think something was/is shitty, some people clearly can not take criticism of a game on a video game forum. I also do not need to purchase said game to discuss it either.

just read every thread on AW here.

"they have hid the player count"

Receipts.gif

Nothing even remotely official = rumor/speculation.

old

I like the different versions of each gun thing, but the constant super high jump-dashing is getting annoying. If I wanted to play a "bunny hop simulator" I would have stuck to Halo. Not a positve addition.

Hopefully the classic playlists get some more attention.

Wtf. My digital copy that I played this morning is telling me I have 9 hours until it unlocks on ps4.

Fuck this. Any way to fix it?

Why the hell am I on the 11th round of Search and Destroy? It only went up to 7 in all the other games, when does it end?

I've got to say though that this is the mode that I've enjoyed the most so far (along with Ground War). The extremely quick TTK is fine for a mode like this.

Etnos

Banned
Why is it that people die so quickly? If you're shot you're immediately dead? Not even a chance of running away?

yeah its my main problem with the multiplayer right now, it kind of defeats the purpose of the added extra mobility. Hopefully they'll balance it eventually.

Bacon

Any idea how much content the season pass will have? $50 seems steep but I'll get it if its worth it. (I haven't bought cod in a couple years so I don't know how juicy the dlc typically is)

BraXzy

I ended up opening the game haha. Played a few campaign missions, pretty fun if not a little linear. Cutscenes look stunning and having Kevin Spacey talk to you feels weird in a good way. More Kevin Spacey is always great.

Only had a few matches online so far. Feels pretty good. The new mobility options with the exo don't feel too crazy, they just add nicely to the movement. I don't like using them without the silence perk thing though. I haven't been on any map twice so I can't really give much of an impression but they seem decent at the very least, nice verticality and such. I don't get many feelings of being unfairly killed from a spawn behind me or anything. The guns didn't click for me till I got red dot and silencers but now I'm having a lot more fun.

Screw melee though. The amount of times I've point blank swung at the air -.-

Reloading feels a bit weird too. The amount of times I hear the click of it and sprint to cancel that end animation and instead not having reloaded at all...

PepperedHam

I am convinced I will never achieve a positive killing streak in this game. You die so often from every angle including from within your own asshole.

RulkezX

Yet you watch the killcam, and they've pumped a whole mag into you. I think it's just bad netcode.

Like BF4 at launch bad netcode

Like you say you watch the KC and they hit you 4-5 times but on your screen it feels like a 1 hit kill.

Is there a forward dash in this game? I can go L/R/Back, but not forward unless I press X first.

drotahorror

Game has been laggy as F for a couple hours now. Like, unplayable to me. Seems really random too. I look at the scoreboard and everyone will have 1 bar except 1 person. It does that a lot.

Sojgat

Like BF4 at launch bad netcode

Like you say you watch the KC and they hit you 4-5 times but on your screen it feels like a 1 hit kill.

Is there a forward dash in this game? I can go L/R/Back, but not forward unless I press X first.

You can forward dash, but you have to jump first.

Jrs3000

I am convinced I will never achieve a positive killing streak in this game. You die so often from every angle including from within your own asshole.

Keep moving. I found playing aggressively works for me in this game making use of exo abilities to get the drop on enemies and always looking and engaging long distance. I've had some good matches going 20-8. If you've unlocked the shield already equip it as your secondary weapon. It will protect your rear from kills from behind. Once you get hit just squat and position your self perpendicular to the incoming fire. Once they stop or reload either boost to the side or jump boost forward and turn around to spot and fire.

I'm just about to get a lift to shops and pick this up. Should I go for XBO or PS4?

Multiplayer is my only concern. Is there a bigger online community for COD on XBO?

hunchback

Caved and bought it last night, first cod since mw2, played It briefly and enjoyed the single player. Will be on multiplayer tonight.

If anyone wants to add me on xbone 1 my gt is: Sinister Hawk

Just put you are from gaf in the friend message, looking foreword to playing some matches with you all

HI, I will add you if you don't mind. Looking gaf members.

GT: DblTap

nikos

From what I'm reading, it seems like it would be worth it to finish the campaign on the platform I want to play on. I really wanted to play SP on PS4 and MP on PC. :(

Why didn't anyone tell me there was a Shock Rifle in the game?!?! The Ravager is amazing. Don't get a headshot? Just explode the shell that landed in the wall behind them. Awesome.

LaneDS

Anyone know if you're able to order the game online for in-store pickup through Best Buy today and still get that $10 pre-order gift card bonus, or has that shipped sailed?

It's still listed on the page for the game, but not the page for the promotion.

Pastry

Banned
These maps aren't big enough :/ I'm getting killed from every direction and in uplink you have maybe 10 seconds to kill the carrier before they're at your uplink.

Haha, same here buddy. I suck at mp shooters. It's like they always know where i am before i even see them.
But it gets better after a while.

PepperedHam

Keep moving. I found playing aggressively works for me in this game making use of exo abilities to get the drop on enemies and always looking and engaging long distance. I've had some good matches going 20-8. If you've unlocked the shield already equip it as your secondary weapon. It will protect your rear from kills from behind. Once you get hit just squat and position your self perpendicular to the incoming fire. Once they stop or reload either boost to the side or jump boost forward and turn around to spot and fire.
I find that using Blast suppressor makes a huge difference.

I shall try both of these things.

Top Bottom