• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Does your profile and unlocks carry freely back and forth between the PS3 and PS4 versions? Or is it only an upward transfer? Also can you do this with physical copies or only digital?

Pupo

It's still not working as cross-buy yet though. Hopefully the issue is resolved with the store update.

But I did it, I finish the download "cross buy" version right now.

You need to add to cart the version you bought. if you purchased the PS4 version, add it to the cart, and go to checkout (it's free, right?) then, go to download queue, now you can see both versions to download.

Sorry if it's confusing, my english isn't that good.

ILoveBish

This game is excellent. Highly recommended. Just keep aware there is a learning curve to the movement. Watch some twitch streaming to get a feel for it.

Yes, you're right. You need to add to cart the version you bought. if you purchased the PS4 version, add it to the cart, and go to checkout (it's free, right?) then, go to download queue, now you can see both versions to download.
Thanks a ton! I knew I wasn't going crazy. Now my son can stop bugging me and play it in his room lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't say enough good things about the campaign combat. The gun and explosion audio finally has the kick it's sorely needed for a while, the multple grenade types that you can choose on the fly adds variety and options in every firefight, and the monility enhancements when you get to have double jump and boost allows you to be more aggressive and evasive instead of having to hole up behind a crate. There are also numerous little nooks and routes that allow for proper flanking opporunities and allies are more useful than usual. Great work there.

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
I used to be good at CoD, maybe I'm getting too old for this lol

Pretty fun so far though

After sitting around a 1.1 K/D I've moved up to around 1.5. In BLOPS 2 I had a 2.2 K/D so there is room for improvement depending on your play style. Play the objectives, learn what works best for you. Guns do matter.

Ambient80

So hipfire is completely worthless in this game. I can be 0,5m away from the enemy and have him occupy 50% of the screen but hipfiring results in 0 hit markers.

There is stupid and then there is this (unless it's lag induced). I like ADS but there are situations were hipfire should always be the better way to fight. Instead Sledgehammer decided to nerf it it seems.

Weird. I'm using the MP11 with laser sight, suppressor, and grip I think. I'd say 70% of my kills are firing from the hip. Def won't work with something like an assault rifle.

After sitting around a 1.1 K/D I've moved up to around 1.5. In BLOPS 2 I had a 2.2 K/D so there is room for improvement depending on your play style. Play the objectives, learn what works best for you. Guns do matter.

Yes. And this CoD will take a lot longer to "settle down" than previous years. Theres MUCH more to learn and for everyone to become familiar with.

The Beard

I used to be good at CoD, maybe I'm getting too old for this lol

Pretty fun so far though

I used to be good too. This game is really fun but it can be frustrating as hell. It's so hard to put together a streak with people traversing the map so quickly. I take out 1 or 2 guys the somebody gets me from behind, from the same spot that was clear a second ago when I walked through it.

My ping is all over the place. I've been at full bars one match then 1 the next in the same lobby.

Well I input four Mountain Dew codes and the site crashed as it was transporting me to the Call of Duty site. Does that mean those codes are lost forever, or?

realzzz

Neo Member
Just bought the game on xbox one and I get an error message when trying to access the multiplayer saying that the servers are down is anyone else experiencing the same problem ?

SMZC

After a good bunch of hours playing this game (level 48 now) I still don't quite get the point of the exo mechanics. In a series known for its incredibly low time to kill, the notion of implementing a game mechanic that revolves around the idea of evasive maneuvers seems utterly pointless. And sure enough, whenever you try to dodge bullets once you're being fired upon it really just doesn't matter; youarealreadydead.jpg. So, what's the point?

Besides the new movement being useless for actually evading shots, I just don't like how it works in practice. In the end it tends to work in a way where either party jumps over the other's head just before the actual engagement, which just results in a lot of confusion and "wtf" moments. As if the series' tradition of being shot from the flanks or from behind every other second weren't bad enough, now you also get killed from enemies from above you didn't see coming. Dandy.

Also,

"We don't pay you to stand there looking pretty, go and kill someone already".

Who the hell wrote this? It's like they had one of the 12 year olds who play this series to write these things for them.

SMZC

so is this worth picking up if i hated Ghosts but loved BLOPS and BLOPS 2?

You will probably like it. Sledgehammer is effectively Treyarch 2.0, both in the good and the bad. Sucks for those of us who dislike that developer, but if you're a fan you'll feel right at home.

After a good bunch of hours playing this game (level 48 now) I still don't quite get the point of the exo mechanics. In a series known for its incredibly low time to kill, the notion of implementing a game mechanic that revolves around the idea of evasive maneuvers seems utterly pointless. And sure enough, whenever you try to dodge bullets once you're being fired upon it really just doesn't matter; youarealreadydead.jpg. So, what's the point?

Besides the new movement being useless for actually evading shots, I just don't like how it works in practice. In the end it tends to work in a way where either party jumps over the other's head just before the actual engagement, which just results in a lot of confusion and "wtf" moments. As if the series' tradition of being shot from the flanks or from behind every other second weren't bad enough, now you also get killed from enemies from above you didn't see coming. Dandy.

Also,

Who the hell wrote this? It's like they had one of the 12 year olds who play this series to write these things for them.

I entirely disagree with you.. I've used the exo movement to evade being killed after getting shot countless times and the time to kill is higher imo than it's been in quite some time.

Sojgat

Also,

I've evaded death by using boost to side strafe behind cover countless times already.

The evasive maneuvers are far from useless.

The Beard

so is this worth picking up if i hated Ghosts but loved BLOPS and BLOPS 2?

Blops 1 and 2 are my favorite CODs, and Ghosts is an embarrassing turd. AW is definetly worth getting. I had yesterday off and I got up to lvl 41 yesterday (I'm a little ashamed I played so much) and I still wanted to play some more.

I could've played all night, I could've played all night, and still have played some more.

k4n3

Banned
capped at 90 fps
cant alt+tab
mic volume goes to 100% in game
broken mouse acceleration
no dedicated servers
also people only play DM on PC

sounds normal CoD PC port... think if i do pick it up ill just get it for the ps4

biteren

i solo'd Exo Survival, its not hard by yourself

a2bc8d80be6b1c538cf04f1a3428d741.png

i could have kept going, but then i got hungry

Mattenth

PS4 leaderboard has just over 1 million players, while Xbox One has just over 900k now. Maybe the gap between these two isn't as big as we thought?

I wonder what PC / PS3 / Xbox 360 look like. That'd put sales around what? 3-4 million for first 24 hours?

aravuus

Also,

Lol yeah, most of that stuff is pretty horribad.

Wish I could turn off the SFX volume and up the soldier voice volume though, the other players' characters randomly tell you enemy locations if they spot them. It's actually useful in Infection.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Anyone else who bought the CE having trouble getting the soundtrack? I entered the code on the website but it says that the code was already entered.

WTF!?

kris.

Banned
Blops 1 and 2 are my favorite CODs, and Ghosts is an embarrassing turd. AW is definetly worth getting. I had yesterday off and I got up to lvl 41 yesterday (I'm a little ashamed I played so much) and I still wanted to play some more.

I could've played all night, I could've played all night, and still have played some more.

You will probably like it. Sledgehammer is effectively Treyarch 2.0, both in the good and the bad. Sucks for those of us who dislike that developer, but if you're a fan you'll feel right at home.

Yes it's worth picking up.

hmm, right on. thanks, guys!

SMZC

I've evaded death by using boost to side strafe behind cover countless times already.

The evasive maneuvers are far from useless.

I entirely disagree with you.. I've used the exo movement to evade being killed after getting shot countless times and the time to kill is higher imo than it's been in quite some time.

I don't think they are useless, but due to what I said I don't find them to be a game changer of any sort. It would have been interesting to see how they would have worked out with a TTK similar to Battlefield, but I guess that's the one thing they will never change in COD.

BigShow36

I think it depends on your latency experience with the game so far. For me, I've used the boost strafe to evade fire only to die the next second after I'm behind cover. Most of the time, even though on my screen I've successfully evaded, I'm already dead.

The Beard

Lol yeah, most of that stuff is pretty horribad.

Wish I could turn off the SFX volume and up the soldier voice volume though, the other players' characters randomly tell you enemy locations if they spot them. It's actually useful in Infection.

I do like when opening the Battlepacks (forgot the actual name) when the guy yells "Elite". So good.

Top Bottom