• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Meh. Exo is useless because you die too fast. Titanfall had that balance perfectly... Here not so much.

The Beard

Meh. Exo is useless because you die too fast. Titanfall had that balance perfectly... Here not so much.

Give it some time. It can be really useful, you just have to be in a position to use it correctly. In my experience, it's more of an offensive maneuver than a defensive, but I've had it work both ways.

rainy_day

What do you spend it on then? Seems strange, unless it is a feature that will come in the future.

With MW3 you could use the token to permantely unlock a gun or perk, since sledgehammer basically made that game, it wouldn't surprise me if we can do that here. Hopefully.

If you are dying too fast then you are not using the exo abilities well. Most fire fights you can get away quickly if you know how to use them. Keep practicing with the exo strafes left right up down dash.

Feeroper

Did anybody get the digital upgrade to work going from 360 to XB1? Bought the 360 version this morning and it still says $59.99 in the XB1 store.

I have the exact same problem. I bought it on 360 yesterday morning before work and it doesnt appear to have been unlocked on the X1 yet.

aravuus

Argh, play the Momentum objective you little turds, don't just camp in some nice spot and go for easy kills.

Fun game mode though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The game is really slowing down for me.

I've gone from getting my ass handed to me, to struggling to break even, to consistently going positive, to being the top player in the room the last 3 matches.

I'd don't use my Exo boost a ton but it's really handy when someone is shooting at you. Now I just need to learn to implement my shield better in CQC situations.

Connections are still crap but atleast they are crap for everyone LOL.

sega_102

Neo Member
Can you guys help me out.

Yesterday I purchased Advanced Warfare for the PS4.

Today, Samsclub had the AW Xbox One on sale for 350. I price matched it at Best Buy Now I have 2 copies of AW.

I can trade in my PS4 copy at BB for around 44 ( I paid 48 and got a $10 cert for preordering)

I can sell the Xbox One digital code on eBay.

Any opinions on which version to keep?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Can you guys help me out.

Yesterday I purchased Advanced Warfare for the PS4.

Today, Samsclub had the AW Xbox One on sale for 350. I price matched it at Best Buy Now I have 2 copies of AW.

I can trade in my PS4 copy at BB for around 44 ( I paid 48 and got a $10 cert for preordering)

I can sell the Xbox One digital code on eBay.

Any opinions on which version to keep?

where your friends play.

Dubz

SMG's suck in this game. Can't really run and gun with it as AR's are hip firing me and killing me faster than my SMG. You'd think I would be able to outgun close quarters combat 75% with the SMG. Nope, not in this game. I'm using the AR now and doing better, which is a pity as I like a faster game style. AR hip fire's accuracy and SMG range needs slightly more tweaking, imo.
I'm sad about this as well. Seems like the AK is the best gun so far.

The Beard

With MW3 you could use the token to permantely unlock a gun or perk, since sledgehammer basically made that game, it wouldn't surprise me if we can do that here. Hopefully

They are doing the same thing with AW. When you prestige, you get 1 unlock token to carry any weapon or perk over with you. Also, weapon unlocks don't reset, so when you unlock the weapon again, all of your attachments will be there.

Ichabod

Banned
I'm at my wits end with trying to get into a match. NAT is open, firewalls off, uninstalled/reinstalled, power cycled my router but I'm stuck in the lobby while the game eternally tries to join games. Anyone else running into this problem?

Iorv3th

I'm at my wits end with trying to get into a match. NAT is open, firewalls off, uninstalled/reinstalled, power cycled my router but I'm stuck in the lobby while the game eternally tries to join games. Anyone else running into this problem?

Check what region your system is set to.

Biggest mistake with the Exo abilities is the time to activate.. they should be instant like in Titanfall.

Adding health means little if you die before it comes online.

Dubz

Just went 4-26 and 6-18

Lag.... yes it was lag

it wasn't lag :(
I had games like that yesterday. My old guy reflexes are becoming an issue. Hopefully I'll get to where I'm used to being after a prestige or 2. You can reset your stats at prestige, right?

SMZC

SMG's suck in this game.

Not just SMGs, but LMGs and snipers as well. It's particularly bad for the latter class, not only did they add extra time for zooming in and extra sway while aiming, but in a game where most people are jumping around, how are snipers supposed to compete? They even threw completely out the window the improvements that Ghosts made in the class, from the better balanced stats to the neat graphical effect where only the sight itself zoomed in, as opposed to having the whole screen zoom in, as it does now in AW.

I really can't wrap my head around why Sledgehammer would go so out of its way to refuse to acknowledge Ghosts' existence. We get it, people generally disliked the game. That is still no reason to ignore what the game did right.

Biggest mistake with the Exo abilities is the time to activate.. they should be instant like in Titanfall.

Wait time to activate? I swear mute can be turned on instantly. (correct me if wrong) Maybe there is a different time until activation for different exo abilities?

Onelug

Neo Member
I'm a little worried I'm too old for these AW shenanigans. Went back to Ghosts and had a great time with my feet firmly planted on the ground :(

aravuus

They are doing the same thing with AW. When you prestige, you get 1 unlock token to carry any weapon or perk over with you. Also, weapon unlocks don't reset, so when you unlock the weapon again, all of your attachments will be there.

They don't? Oh thank god, I hate the fact that quickdraw grip needs headshots to unlock

Thanks a ton for this post.

Wait time to activate? I swear mute can be turned on instantly. (correct me if wrong) Maybe there is a different time until activation for different exo abilities?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, with the health stim exo ability my hand goes to the wrist pad to activate it. Might just be balancing for that one ability given how OP that could be.

Duxxy3

The exo abilities border on useless. They don't last for long, they don't recharge and they have an activation time. All of this sucks because it takes away one of six buttons that you have quick access to when using both analogs.

jeffc919

Any news/updates on what's going on with dedicated servers (or listen/hybrid/proxy/whatever servers)? I think they said the game would have them but they were a little vague and evasive. For all the praise the game is getting for being an improvement over last year's Ghosts, it would be really disappointing if they've gone back to pure P2P and thrown out the one positive thing that Ghosts had going for it.

kiguel182

I was coming here to complain about how Momentum games ended so fast and then just had a really intente was that went into overtime.

Fun, fun times.

HiiiLife

Not just SMGs, but LMGs and snipers as well. It's particularly bad for the latter class, not only did they add extra time for zooming in and extra sway while aiming, but in a game where most people are jumping around, how are snipers supposed to compete? They even threw completely out the window the improvements that Ghosts made in the class, from the better balanced stats to the neat graphical effect where only the sight itself zoomed in, as opposed to having the whole screen zoom in, as it does now in AW.

I really can't wrap my head around why Sledgehammer would go so out of its way to refuse to acknowledge Ghosts' existence. We get it, people generally disliked the game. That is still no reason to ignore what the game did right.

The last sniper is fairly decent I guess. I'm assuming its the equivalent of the 50 Cal. Shit is ugly as FUCK though. Its like a goddamn fuel rod cannon off Halo, except its a sniper lol.

Pooya

Beat the campaign in two sittings, can't say I'm impressed or anything.
How they exactly want to continue this though? somebody else runs ATLAS? not that would stop them...

What I liked about the old IW campaigns was that you were mostly in control despite the spectacle or some sequences here and there, they could actually be challenging too, 1 and 2 in particular, there were even multiple objectives you could hit in any order. This game is like half on rails rails, the others part are just very very short missions. They're over before you know it. Too many gross QTEs too. CoD is just too dumb now to be enjoyable, I've skipped Blops2 and Ghost, it was a while since I played a CoD, still didn't change anything for me.

Whatever, nobody cares about the sp. MP maps are pretty good. just getting started. There is just like zero recoil in this game though.

God these spawns, if they pull an IW and not even attempt to fix it in 12 months this is the last COD i buy.
It had been a problem since W@W and been fixed every time besides Ghosts, get this shit straightened out before release already.
I don't know why the hell they messed with COD4's spawn system.

ViciousDS

Banned
first match I played last night was 25-2(I was running....and got yelled at by my clan mates...while I was living the dream match...they all died lol).....its been positive ever since....but after that first match where I felt like a god(probably host advantage) it all kind of mellowed out. HCTDM btw. But yes, I can actually get 2 hit markers with an AR 20 feet away depending on someones bullshit lag compensation.....it should not take 3 bullets in HCTDM to kill someone from an AR. Spawns are terrible in this game due to the fast movement...you could kill someone, they respawn exo jump and instantly kill you when they pop because of the jumping.

They really, really need to add a traditional hardcore TDM....these Core only modes for traditional is just stupid.

Top Bottom