• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

EL CUCO

Last night I just sat there playing Uplink for hours...it was the first day since Sept 9 that I didn't fire up Destiny.

HiiiLife

I'm curious what Treyarch will do next. I mean. This is as futuristic I feel the series can get while still remaining "grounded"(?). Anything further its gonna be Starship Troopers.

There's goddamn laser guns in this. Lol. Hop in the Delorean and takeit back now Treyarch.

The Beard

Thanks a ton for this post.

I'm sorry. I just doubled checked and attachments do not carry over. I misread it. The special weapons that you get from the supply drops (aka battlepacks) will carry over once you unlock that weapon again.

Everything else I said is true though. You get 1 permanent unlock token each time you prestige.

I'm sorry. I just doubled checked and attachments do not carry over. I misread it. The special weapons that you get from the supply drops (aka battlepacks) will carry over once you unlock that weapon again.

Everything else I said is true though. You get 1 permanent unlock token each time you prestige.
Nooooooooooooo!

Eh. I'm still gonna prestige ASAP. Gotta fill dem bars

Newlove

I was coming here to complain about how Momentum games ended so fast and then just had a really intente was that went into overtime.

Fun, fun times.

It's annoying when you start the game and none of your team run to the spot, and you're the only one doing so. Those games end in 1 minute. Not sure what is going through my team-mates minds sometimes.

Jarrod38

I'm curious what Treyarch will do next. I mean. This is as futuristic I feel the series can get while still remaining "grounded"(?). Anything further its gonna be Starship Troopers.

There's goddamn laser guns in this. Lol. Hop in the Delorean and takeit back now Treyarch.

I would like to see them take it to the Vietnam War.

Duxxy3

God these spawns, if they pull an IW and not even attempt to fix it in 12 months this is the last COD i buy.
It had been a problem since W@W and been fixed every time besides Ghosts, get this shit straightened out before release already.
I don't know why the hell they messed with COD4's spawn system.

COD4 didn't have to deal with this movement system, and players being all over the map. Not too easy to determine spawns when there are enemies at every spawn point.

Vidpixel

Yeah, I do miss my tactical grenades. The only Exo ability I've found any use out of would be Exo Stim, but even that's pretty few and far between. At the same time though, if these abilities were too overpowered, then they would just be super annoying, so I would honestly rather them be at the state they are now rather than being a crutch to win a gun battle.

woen

Beat the campaign in two sittings, can't say I'm impressed or anything.
How they exactly want to continue this though? somebody else runs ATLAS? not that would stop them...

Well now with the 3-year development cycle and three main studios they may not want to make trilogies like WaW-BO-BO2 and MW1/2/3.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Tried playing on Veteran, but there's so much going on, I lowered it to Normal so I could just enjoy the story without getting a coronary from stress.

Just played a couple of games in the classic playlist and I am doing so much better. As much fun as the abilities are, it can be quite frustrating when you are always getting killed from behind or above you.

HiiiLife

I would like to see them take it to the Vietnam War.

Vietnam would be cool. I also dig WW2. I never got tired of that era.

How would you feel if they brought back vehicles? I just watched Fury and wondered how they would (re)introduce vehicles. Lol.

A Treyarch game revolving around a tank battalion.

If we get a Black Ops 3 I want straight up spaceships and shit.

Mattenth

I've found the exo abilities to be total shit. All of them are situational at best. I've found myself clearing them for the extra point on most of my classes.

The exo movement, however, is outstanding once you get the hang of it. And of course, the verticality of the maps adds a lot more fun and depth to the maps, which is obviously a gift of the exo suit.

I also like how the default perks hide you from UAVs, but using exo suit abilities (including the boost) does the little "ping" on the map. It's a great compromise - you don't get exact positional data, but you still get the general direction of your enemies spawn points.

Jarrod38

Vietnam would be cool. I also dig WW2. I never got tired of that era.

How would you feel if they brought back vehicles? I just watched Fury and wondered how they would (re)introduce vehicles. Lol.

A Treyarch game revolving around a tank battalion.

If they made it where vehicles were in have it where one tank per map and jeeps for transportation with .50cal on the back.

Anyways the bomb run is the best scorestreak. I took the enemy team and my team out twice on Greenband and Retreat.

Ferny

I've found the exo abilities to be total shit. All of them are situational at best. I've found myself clearing them for the extra point on most of my classes.

Why haven't I thought of it -___-

Thanks lol most of them I find myself not even using anyway.

SnD really needs to be patched,
if its 4-0 we really don't need to go through 6 full rounds.

Also do what Ghosts did with the scoreboard so you know who is remaining on both sides.

drotahorror

I wish the second round of Domination would just go to 200 instead of having a 5min limit. That way there's potential for some good come backs.

BokehKing

Banned

I think the question is
Will Treyarch have to adapt to this new future of advance warfare double jump / Titanfall jetpack/ destiny jump world?

Or will they come out with Call of Duty: Bionic Commandos (as in grappling hooks and Tarzan swinging/zip lines ect ect)

aravuus

FUCK

Thanks for getting me excited :(

woen

Have we got stats and tests on the weapons and the perks available anywhere online ? I remember the in-game stats not being true in the past and you don't ave any about the perks.

Jindrax

Question about the story so spoilers somewhat:

Didn't we capture Hades in Nigeria? How did the dude escape to blow up the power plant? And then on the mission in Detroit we say we've been chasing him for 4 years? I don't get it.

Please asnwer without spoiling the rest of the game please :)

Hey, all! Resident lurker since 2006 checking in. Lol.

Just applied to the GAF clan. My PSN ID is DoctorDrewX.

Been playing TDM mostly to try and learn these maps and the exo movement. Opened my first couple matches with some nice 2.0 k/d... but it's all gone downhill since. Haha. Ghosts burned me bad, so I'm still shaking out the cobwebs.

I loved War back in the W@W days, so I'll probably be kicking it on Momentum soon.

Anyway, feel free to add me on PSN!

aravuus

Love. If you're a fan of smaller, more arena like maps you'll enjoy them. Favorite right after MW's.

Smaller? Granted I may have a problem with my memory, but I feel like AW has some of the biggest maps in CoD history. Certainly bigger than Blops 1&2 and MW1&2.

kiguel182

The fact that we can take out the scorestreaks and put the points into other things is the best evolution of the pick 10 system. Really good idea.

God these spawns, if they pull an IW and not even attempt to fix it in 12 months this is the last COD i buy.
It had been a problem since W@W and been fixed every time besides Ghosts, get this shit straightened out before release already.
I don't know why the hell they messed with COD4's spawn system.

How did it work in COD4? I also loved COD4's spawning, there was a logical flow to it.

Is there an explanation as to how/what they changed, and what COD4 was like?

So I bought the digital pro edition of COD AW which came with the season pass. Whenever I search for a game on Atlas Gorge I get into the lobby with no problems but when the game starts to load it goes black and pops up with this error message Disc Read Error 'mp_dam'. Anyone experiencing a similar problem? Everything else with the game works fine it's just Atlas Gorge.

Quoting my own question just in case other people are experiencing the same problem.
The fix is simply to wait. If you go to settings on your PS4 and navigate to see how much space COD is taking up, you can see not all of it may be downloaded. So simply wait until it says "completed" and Atlas Gorge should play fine.

Smaller? Granted I may have a problem with my memory, but I feel like AW has some of the biggest maps in CoD history. Certainly bigger than Blops 1&2 and MW1&2.

Smaller, not smallest. When you take map traversal into consideration they're very small in my opinion. If you're measuring with a ruler they might be on the med-large side; however, the new exo suit movement and verticality make the maps feel much more intimate and arena like... to me at least.

RedAssedApe

Banned
got off to a bad start and i still have the occasional bad games (usually when my teammates are really bad...like multiple dudes going -10) but slowly crawling my way back to 1.0 k/d.

boosting and double jumping is so much fun but you kind of need to tone it down or you're going to die FAST in this game.

trying to go "stealth" by using exo-mute and the one perk that hides your exo-ping from the mini-map.

Top Bottom