• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

Pacman2k

We tried to design the missions to land in the 5-7 minute window. Experienced players will likely be able to beat that on the lower difficulties.

sajj316

We tried to design the missions to land in the 5-7 minute window. Experienced players will likely be able to beat that on the lower difficulties.

With 5-7 minutes per mission (that's good for a hand held), how many missions are there? Are there scoreboards for mission complete times? If not, it would a good idea along with Hostile mode.

With 5-7 minutes per mission (that's good for a hand held), how many missions are there? Are there scoreboards for mission complete times? If not, it would a good idea along with Hostile mode.

They said 10 missions lol. hour and a half max then?

Luckily I'm only really interested in it for the online. Only good offline one was MW1

VanWinkle

pretty sure its 8?

Okay that's just ridiculous. Unit 13 had wayyy more than that and some of the missions were definitely longer than 5-7 minutes (and I even thought that game was overpriced at $40). This game is seeming like the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue to Black Op 2's Gran Turismo 5. Except they're releasing it the same time for almost the same price.

Looks a bit grindy.. you need a certain amount of points to unlock the next mission. I hope they are not using cheap tricks to artificially extend the gameplay.

Is each operation split j to 5-7 min segments or is that how long (short) each of the 10 ops are?

Pretty funny if it is that short. Again I don't care as I'm buying it for the multiplayer but they should have more offline content.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Well, looks like it is pretty much confirmed then. In the video however, you can see that there is a scroll bar on the left in the mission select screen and it looked like there is quite a bit more to scroll through (there were already 9 missions on the screen). It'll be pretty funny if there was just one more mission to scroll down to.

Iacobellis

Yeah, it's so stupid. Just like NFS Vita. The game looks really good, so fucking show it off.

Honestly, at this point everyone just wants to kill the Vita. It's sad.

At least we are getting amazing games in just the first year. Part of the problem lies with SCEA, as well. I've seen numerous UK Vita ads online and they showoff Need for Speed, Call of Duty, FIFA, LBP, etc..

beason52

Neo Member
Game looks great don't get me wrong.
But I lol'd at a one hour campaign.

If you aren't around wifi, this game is basically useless...

Iacobellis

You still have Hostiles mode and time to get the Trophies! Honestly though, WiFi is much more common to find in public areas nowadays than the DS/PSP days.

Game looks smooth, but how can anyone call the graphics to be good from a shitty off camera video?

Don't let hopes cloud your eyes :)

Is there gonna be a demo though?

But with offline stuff about the length of a demo, I can see why not.

Iacobellis

Game looks smooth, but how can anyone call the graphics to be good from a shitty off camera video?

Don't let hopes cloud your eyes :)

Is there gonna be a demo though?

But with offline stuff about the length of a demo, I can see why not.

This better get one. I mean come on, Ridge Racer had a demo, composing dubstep music!

I will admit that was fun.

Sid

It isn't a traditional campaign,more of a beat the clock 'missions' sequence.There will be adhoc in the day 1 patch too i think.

VanWinkle

Something about 8 people with vitas and this game in the same room makes me chuckle :)

Are you just naturally attracted to negativity with the Vita or something? For somebody who owns and Vita and participates in a lot of Vita discussion, you sure do seem to only have eyes for the negative stuff. I never see you post anything positive.

Deadbeat

Banned
Are you just naturally attracted to negativity with the Vita or something? For somebody who owns and Vita and participates in a lot of Vita discussion, you sure do seem to only have eyes for the negative stuff. I never see you post anything positive.
Has there been any positive news for the vita recently? People have cut their expectations multiple times to now say this is an acceptable portable cod. The DS game had coop zombies for fucks sakes.

Iacobellis

Has there been any positive news for the vita recently? People have cut their expectations multiple times to now say this is an acceptable portable cod. The DS game had coop zombies for fucks sakes.

It's the first year. Did you really expect the game to run flawlessly at 60FPS with native resolution textures and include all of the bells and whistles console Call of Duty games have? Nihilistic have put in a good effort, and I cannot wait to play this come Tuesday. Going by all the videos on YouTube, it looks like they made quite the turnaround since May.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It's the first year. Did you really expect the game to run flawlessly at 60FPS with native resolution textures and include all of the bells and whistles console Call of Duty games have? Nihilistic have put in a good effort, and I cannot wait to play this come Tuesday. Going by all the videos on YouTube, it looks like they made quite the turnaround since May.
Did you play that Virtua Tennis 4 launch title? I was indeed hoping for 60fps and more of the features that make up CoD.
It's Nihilistic's shit engine. It's not like this game is known for the texture work.

Expecting a handheld to run native resolution isn't that mental.
Also your basing 'all the videos' on off screen footage. The lack of content being released around this game is ridiculous - hand in hand with Nihilistic's pissed off replies its evident no one has confidence in this title.

test_account

XP-39C²
Expecting a handheld to run native resolution isn't that mental.
Also your basing 'all the videos' on off screen footage. The lack of content being released around this game is ridiculous - hand in hand with Nihilistic's pissed off replies its evident no one has confidence in this title.
Which pissed off replies?

Iacobellis

Which pissed off replies?

I was just going to ask the same question. Nihilistic spent their time to go into detail about the game over TWITTER. That's something an indie developer does, not a company working under Sony and Activision. They weren't pissed at all, they were more than happy to answer any question they received, some including mine.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Focusing on the wrong part of his reply.
They were indeed helpful on twitter to keep our expectations in check. The only snarky reply came from the Dev regarding the game engine.

Iacobellis

Did you play that Virtua Tennis 4 launch title? I was indeed hoping for 60fps and more of the features that make up CoD.
It's Nihilistic's shit engine. It's not like this game is known for the texture work.

You are comparing a port made by Sega, a company that has been in this industry for a long time with a large budget. Declassified is built upon Burning Skies, by a small developer who has had terrible luck with making games to only get mediocre review scores. Give Nihilistic a break, if you wanted the game to be 1:1 to the console versions, then complain to Activision or Sony. They could have found a more experienced, bigger studio to work on this.

I'm happy with what Nihilsitic did, and I am sure I will enjoy this game for awhile. This is coming from a guy who played nothing but Burning Skies the week it released and still jumps into a few online matches from time to time.

Top Bottom