• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

The PSP-1000 had the same amount of RAM as the PS2, 32MB.

The PSP used more for the OS/Kernel. 8 MB Iirc. My memory isn't perfect on the subject but I read before the PS2 didn't have such a restriction because the OS ran on an embedded chip. 8 MB less, should make a huge difference and in addition to size of UMD's and the fact that the PSP was underclocked for most of its life (100 Mhz less). All that lead to a situation where the PSP "should" have been as powerful as the PS2 but never really got that across in its games.

Iacobellis

I had no clue what Drop Zone was so I looked it up, and it sounds very similar to King of the Hill. That could be fun! More variety than what Burning Skies has in terms of game types.

I am interested in picking this up, if solely for the multiplayer. I haven't played any of the Call of Duty games since Modern Warfare 2, but I'm interesting this solely because it would be kind of nice playing it while I'm away from the T.V. It might make it easier if I have a few friends who might get it too, of which one I'm sure of (I hope) because he is a big Call of Duty fan.

I'm just having a hard time justifying the ridiculous price tag on this game. Even thinking of swallowing the damage makes me feel guilty of being victim to a highway robbery.

With that said, hopefully this is the game that can sell the Vita. The platform needs everything it can get right now. I still haven't seen one ad for the game on T.V. I saw one online ad on a sports networks website, though.

Iacobellis

I am interesting in picking this up, if solely for the multiplayer. I haven't played any of the Call of Duty games since Modern Warfare 2, but I'm interesting this solely because it would be kind of nice playing it while I'm away from the T.V.

I have a few friends who might get it too, of which one is a big Call of Duty fan.

I'm just having a hard time justifying the ridiculous price tag on this game. Even thinking of swallowing the damage makes me feel guilty of being victim to a highway robbery.

With that said, hopefully this is the game that can sell the Vita. The platform needs everything it can get right now. I still haven't seen one ad for the game on T.V. I saw one online ad on a sports networks website, though.

Are you in the US? Europe is advertising the Vita better than anyone right now.

Hanmik

Street date broke in Denmark this friday/saturday.. allmost half of my friendlist allready have the game..

It must be a BIG blow for Activision and stores like Blockbuster and Gamestop in Denmark. It was two big retailers who broke the date, so Activision saw the need to to change the date, so that BB and GS could sell their stock.
BB and Gamestop had some pretty big Midninght shows and something like that planned for this game.. so I imagine they are pretty pissed..

wrong game.. wrong thread.. lol

Robertto

Neo Member
PSY・S;44236499 said:
I'm not sure if Nihilistic/nStigate would be willing to support it after launch but yeah, I hope it's received well and sells enough for there to a least be another CoD Vita. I'm kind of surprised at the lack of FPS/TPS on the system.

"able" may be more appropriate now

Are there even the hooks for dlc? One can't just easily force them in if they weren't planned for originally.

Also, game isn't even top board on gamefaqs for vita. bomba!

oddly enough ragnarok odyssey is top, wonder how well that did.

beason52

Neo Member
I'm sure one of these videos addresses this, so I apologize, but does leveling up work like blops1 where you can choose what guns/attachments to buy with your earned money? Or will it be more like COD4 where you earn them simply by leveling up?

Somehow I am considering a purchase. This game seems to have changed a lot of opinions in about 2 weeks time.

so when will this appear on the EU PSN store?

Anyone know?

quite excited for this now. Got my trigger grips back on my vita for this and need for speed.

Robertto

Neo Member
I'm sure one of these videos addresses this, so I apologize, but does leveling up work like blops1 where you can choose what guns/attachments to buy with your earned money? Or will it be more like COD4 where you earn them simply by leveling up?

Somehow I am considering a purchase. This game seems to have changed a lot of opinions in about 2 weeks time.

think the dev said, its just classic cod4 style, level based unlocks, not the cod points

Chris_C

Uncharted was $50. This offers more replay value in my opinion.

This is where perceived value comes into play. You can look at both games and tell that Uncharted: GA, despite (obviously) not quite reaching the same heights as it's console kin, had a lot of love applied. A look at Declassified, and the way it's being marketed, and you get the feeling it's been rushed, and the publisher is trying to get it out the door fast to make a buck and capitalize on the brand name.

This game looks incredibly average.

This is where perceived value comes into play. You can look at both games and tell that Uncharted: GA, despite (obviously) not quite reaching the same heights as it's console kin, had a lot of love applied. A look at Declassified, and the way it's being marketed, and you get the feeling it's been rushed, and the publisher is trying to get it out the door fast to make a buck and capitalize on the brand name.

This game looks incredibly average.

CoD in general is incredibly average these days. Hasn't done anything interesting with the formula since MW1 if you ask me. Adding unbalanced and OTT kill streaks doesn't count.

Doesn't stop it being fun. Which is why I will buy this.

sajj316

CoD in general is incredibly average these days. Hasn't done anything interesting with the formula since MW1 if you ask me. Adding unbalanced and OTT kill streaks doesn't count.

Doesn't stop it being fun. Which is why I will buy this.

Exactly. As a FPS, it's been average despite all the features added since MW1. It's still fun to play. I just want to shoot people virtually ...

Carl

After watching all of the videos, and enjoying R: Burning Skies, i actually want to buy this.

I've not played a COD game since WAW though. In fact, i think that was the last Activision game i bought.

So yeah i'm not sure. One for the Christmas list maybe...

Could be. Do SCEA ever put games up at midnight? I have no idea. If they've done it before, it might be.

SCEE put almost every new release up at midnight.

Assasins Creed 3 and Liberaton were up at midnight PST in the SCEA territory but I guess it's because they've been promoting the shit out of those games on the PSN store.

Tomorrow.

I will look forward to reading some terribly written reviews tomorrow then.

Even when games suck and I agree with there scores, they mark them down for the strangest stuff and and don't mention the actual problems.

What are peoples review predictions for this?

IGN gave R:BS a 5.5 so im guessing 7. ish for this. They will bitch that its not quite as nice looking as the console version, with smaller maps and complain that you spawn behind enemies (blops will suffer this same issue but it wont get mentioned).

Basically not as good as the console version -2.? from the score.

I hope I'm wrong but their reviews have been the worst as of late. e.g. Assassins creed deserved the score it got but not for the reasons they gave at all.

Their preview for this was not very good, I wouldn't expect a great review.

If you ever listened to their podcasts, they shit on it when ever they get a chance. Because this is Nhilistic, I highly doubt they will and most media will give it a chance. I'm looking at the typical complaints of why it's not the same as the console counterpart. Why does it have a bite sized campaign and why it doesn't link to the console version.
Also, no Zombies means no good score. Oh, don't forget the 30 to 60 fps comparison it will definitely encounter.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
If you ever listened to their podcasts, they shit on it when ever they get a chance. Because this is Nhilistic, I highly doubt they will and most media will give it a chance. I'm looking at the typical complaints of why it's not the same as the console counterpart. Why does it have a bite sized campaign and why it doesn't link to the console version.
Also, no Zombies means no good score. Oh, don't forget the 30 to 60 fps comparison it will definitely encounter.

I wish games journalism were like back in the egm days, where the score reflects how fun the game is to play.

the hostiles mode would be a good replacment for zombies if it wasn't single player only. I mean really? 4 player hostiles would have been the nuts. Maybe they will patch it in..... I doubt it but you never know.

The videos make this look better and better. I'm just curious if it has the COD feel, considering it's not 60fps that could make it feel a bit different. It seems like sometimes the players in those multi matches are kinda struggling to keep sights on someone or it seems like it takes way too much effort to kill someone and it ends up being a cqc scenario more often than not. Looks a bit silly. Then again it could be because everyone playing now is bad.

The videos make this look better and better. I'm just curious if it has the COD feel, considering it's not 60fps that could make it feel a bit different. It seems like sometimes the players in those multi matches are kinda struggling to keep sights on someone or it seems like it takes way too much effort to kill someone and it ends up being a cqc scenario more often than not. Looks a bit silly. Then again it could be because everyone playing now is bad.

I'm wondering if that has a lot to do with the fact that they are also trying to keep the Vita in from and not knock over the camera. Might be very awkward to shoot the footage making their aim a bit off.

That one vid with the sniper rifle was great though. He was doing a good job of nailing targets on NukeHouse.

Top Bottom