• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

MDSLKTR

I was holding out hope for this as a savior for the vita.. I'm officially done with it and moving to the 3DS which actually has games... Anyone looking for a mint adult owned vita with 16gb card, case and stand make me a reasonable good offer and it's yours!

I think you got lost.

Afrikan

I'm expecting price will hurt the scores a lot.

That's a shame cuz the game seems fine for a psn dl.

that's funny the price would hurt scores for some reviews (which should be taken into consideration, don't get me wrong)

but when sites like IGN don't/haven't done it for games that are cheaper like 39.99 retail consoles games...or $10-$20 PSN games....then it shows a bit of hypocrisy.

I believe I've read them say straight up price doesn't matter, they review all games the *same*....lower price? less content... Doesn't matter!

Kerub

Banned
I was holding out hope for this as a savior for the vita.. I'm officially done with it and moving to the 3DS which actually has games... Anyone looking for a mint adult owned vita with 16gb card, case and stand make me a reasonable good offer and it's yours!

No interest for the other upcoming games? P4G, Killzone or Tearaway?

Mario007

Btw wasn't Blops2 reviewed at a review event rather than Acti sending copies to the review sites?

Game Over Sony! Dorfdad has called it!

I think it's hilarious that he goes on to say 'at least 3DS has games'. First of all comparing a library of 22 months to a library of 10 months isn't that great, but also even if we look at the quality titles out there Vita isn't lagging too much behind 3ds. It also actually has some new IPs being created for it by Sony.

Orca

I kind of expected you to throw your support behind just carrying a Wii U around to plug in and play on the gamepad.

Hanmik

No interest for the other upcoming games? P4G, Killzone or Tearaway?

No because they are not on His Wii-u.. He is only trolling..

I remember his golden post from the good old PSN is down thread.. He sold his ps3 and everything because PSN went down... Lol

On topic.. Game will score really low.. COD is an online game.. 4vs4, and nihilistics prior burning skies online thing, makes me believe the online will be boring..

Twinduct

I think it's hilarious that he goes on to say 'at least 3DS has games'. First of all comparing a library of 22 months to a library of 10 months isn't that great, but also even if we look at the quality titles out there Vita isn't lagging too much behind 3ds. It also actually has some new IPs being created for it by Sony.

Well to be honest, trolling hardly requires any effort. So running a counter argument or something won't really be considered.

Iacobellis

No because they are not on His Wii-u.. He is only trolling..

I remember his golden post from the good old PSN is down thread.. He sold his ps3 and everything because PSN went down... Lol

On topic.. Game will score really low.. COD is an online game.. 4vs4, and nihilistics prior burning skies online thing, makes me believe the online will be boring..

The maps are small, so 4v4 won't be bad. This includes much more than Burning Skies. Equipment, Prestige Mode, Challenges, Attachments, and a greater number of weapons.

Twinduct

The maps are small, so 4v4 won't be bad. This includes much more than Burning Skies. Equipment, Prestige Mode, Challenges, Attachments, and a greater number of weapons.

Not really a COD player. But wasn't 'Tags' or something quite important? Have not seen any of those pop up during the vids.

Regardless we are talking a $10 price difference between this watered down COD and the real version on console. I don't think it will review/sell well at all.

this multiplayer footage is making me more interested :D but the full price is just too much, has to come down to 20-30€. im strictly comparing this to Modern Combat titles on the iPad.

Regardless we are talking a $10 price difference between this watered down COD and the real version on console. I don't think it will review/sell well at all.

"real version" 's available on a handheld = 0
Good shooters available on a handheld = 0
TOTAL # of shooters on a handheld = 0

This game doesn't have to be anything spectacular to sell well, or have a big community. Not everyone wants to, or is able to play on a TV all the time.

Perfect example were the Socom games and Syphon Filter on PSP. Socom had 1 stick aiming with auto-aim "lock on" system and it had a huge following. Syphon filter had face button aiming, and again, big (relatively speaking) community.

Green Yoshi

That's a wrap folks .. vita is dead. kill it with fire.

Perhaps 2013 will be a better year for the Vita. As long as the graphics of Vita games aren't outdated, the console isn't dead.

But it seems that AC: Liberation and Declassified don't have the product value GTA Liberty City Stories for the PSP had back in 2005.

Mario007

Perhaps 2013 will be a better year for the Vita. As long as the graphics of Vita games aren't outdated, the console isn't dead.

But it seems that AC: Liberation and Declassified don't have the product value GTA Liberty City Stories for the PSP had back in 2005.

Well Liberation had the best week 1 in terms of Vita software, so I think it's at least getting there.

2013 is certainly a better year for Vita in Japan, we'll have to see about the west, cause so far we only know of Sly, Killzone and Tearaway that are coming out in 2013 for the Vita.

sajj316

I was trying to reverse troll :)

AC:L was fine. If they fix the framerate a bit via patch and the save bug glitch, the production values are top notch in my book considering the scale of the game

Declassified is still TBD. Sure, it lacks the features of big brother console but if it's fun and the community picks up, it's a success. As another poster said above, it's not like there are adequate to good FPS(s) on the handheld.

Well Liberation had the best week 1 in terms of Vita software, so I think it's at least getting there.

2013 is certainly a better year for Vita in Japan, we'll have to see about the west, cause so far we only know of Sly, Killzone and Tearaway that are coming out in 2013 for the Vita.

AssCre sold less than 10.5k in its first week in the uk

Spiegel

exHmp.jpg

d1FKl.jpg

Not mine.

Plenty of people from Spain have the game already.

Looks nice but the overall package with so less content doesn't look great.

Are you not seeing the same images as me?

Game barely has any content as it is, funky textures should be unacceptable.

"real version" 's available on a handheld = 0
Good shooters available on a handheld = 0
TOTAL # of shooters on a handheld = 0

This game doesn't have to be anything spectacular to sell well, or have a big community. Not everyone wants to, or is able to play on a TV all the time.

Perfect example were the Socom games and Syphon Filter on PSP. Socom had 1 stick aiming with auto-aim "lock on" system and it had a huge following. Syphon filter had face button aiming, and again, big (relatively speaking) community.

Modern Combat 4 should be out soon. Pretty sure that will have a more active community that this.

been seeing lots of joke posts recently

I think you got lost.

I kind of expected you to throw your support behind just carrying a Wii U around to plug in and play on the gamepad.

Well to be honest, trolling hardly requires any effort. So running a counter argument or something won't really be considered.

Dorfdad does own a Vita and bought one at launch. A quick search 'vita' tells you that enough.

Unless some of you really really think theres some sort of reason someone who was excited for Vita couldn't then be excited for WiiU......which is ever so slightly silly and ever so slightly odd.

Sid

Are you not seeing the same images as me?

Game barely has any content as it is, funky textures should be unacceptable.

Modern Combat 4 should be out soon. Pretty sure that will have a more active community that this.
I meant it looks nice for 'what it is',a very low budget portable game.

Not the point. Why mention sales for just one part of Europe when the post was about best first week sales for any Vita title. Consider that and the UK market as a whole needs a shot of adrenaline ..

I mentioned sales there as its at least somewhere we can vaguely work out sales numbers

Whats that even from and I think you are really really missing the point.

Just ugh all round

well maybe you is the one who is missing the point,looks like you really want this game to be a disaster

played the game,looks pretty decent,better than resistance for sure,and the controls were very nice,some pretty positive buzz in the spanishs forums ( spain got the game yesterday)

Top Bottom