• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

cyborg009

Banned
I wonder how the game will compare to unit 13 1st person view

7bBq8.jpg

Activision have always had a weird relationship with the non-HD versions of their games. Remember all that weirdness about the Wii version of COD4, it was similar to what we are seeing now. Could it be MS somehow 'incentivizing' them not to promote anything other than the 360 version, or is that tinfoil hat territory?
Or is it that they don't want to cannibalise the sales of the other versions, and these off-shoots are just to pick up the stragglers who don't buy the main games?

Kazerei

Banned
I think I've added to the OP all the PSN IDs that have been mentioned in this thread. If I missed one, I'm really sorry! Just lemme know, thanks.

Activision have always had a weird relationship with the non-HD versions of their games. Remember all that weirdness about the Wii version of COD4, it was similar to what we are seeing now. Could it be MS somehow 'incentivizing' them not to promote anything other than the 360 version, or is that tinfoil hat territory?
Or is it that they don't want to cannibalise the sales of the other versions, and these off-shoots are just to pick up the stragglers who don't buy the main games?

it sounds so ridiculous, but it's probably somehow true :S

It's baffling why people even buy any other version of CoD outside of the 360 one.

Iacobellis

I thought their contract was coming to an end this or next year?

Iacobellis

why not get one????

people buy wii version over hd ones cuz of controls? Never heard that before.

Not everyone has the budget or want for an Xbox. A family of casual gamers could share one Wii console, and have Call of Duty to play on occasion. Why spend at least $320 for a 360 + LIVE + Call of Duty if they aren't big gamers in the first place?

eh, budget isn't really a strong case atm where you can get a used 360 on ebay for well under $200.

I forgot about Live cost though.

am I remembering this correctly, but aren't ps3 versions of CoD have bad online problems and framerate issues, or was that some other shooter?

Takao

Banned

IIRC MS does have a deal with Activision so that Xbox is the only platform they'll show the game running on at E3.

Iacobellis

eh, budget isn't really a strong case atm where you can get a used 360 on ebay for well under $200.

am I remembering this correctly, but aren't ps3 versions of CoD have bad online problems and framerate issues, or was that some other shooter?

Framerate issues, but I only heard about that from BO1.

Carl

And we're in tbe middle of a worldwide recession. Not everyone has money for more than one console. One console is enough for most people

Pacman2k

For the people speculating about the system screenshots feature being disabled, it has nothing to do with visual quality or some kind of crazy conspiracy to prevent images from this game getting out. It's a technical issue and nothing more.

test_account

XP-39C²

That was only for Black Ops 1 as Iacobellis mentioned. I've been playing CoD games on PS3 since World at War (in other words, i only skipped on Modern Warfare 1, i played that on PC). Black Ops had some issues in the begining, but nothing game breaking in my opinion. Today, after the patches i have no problems with it. After around 500 hours with Modern Warfare 3 on PS3, i can say safe that there is no framerate issues or bad online problems.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That was only for Black Ops 1 as Iacobellis mentioned. I've been playing CoD games on PS3 since World at War (in other words, i only skipped on Modern Warfare 1, i played that on PC). Black Ops had some issues in the begining, but nothing game breaking in my opinion. Today, after the patches i have no problems with it. After around 500 hours with Modern Warfare 3 on PS3, i can say safe that there is no framerate issues or bad online problems.

Then you're lucky because CoD8:MW3 continuously put me in across-the-pond/UK games no matter what gametype I chose.

Slurmer

Banned

If i have a ps3 only and can play the game online for free on it, im not going to spend $200+ just to play it online on 360...

Spiegel

game is ugly at least Mp

crashed 2 times

avoid

Really? 2 times already?

I've been reading spanish forums and none of the 6 or 7 people who got the game have mentioned any crash. Some of them did mention connection problems which seem to be caused by the ISP.

f@luS

More than a member.
What vita game have you enjoyed?

What i have

MGS HD, wipeout , Rayman, VT4, everybody golf , mortal kombat, and many psn game (Stardust , motorstorm...)

i have also unit 13 but didnt play much i paid 10e on PSN

Call of duty is ugly comparaison are normal when IPhone game look better. aliasing, unstable framerate....
and 2 times it crashed on me when i was making some perks

Gonna change it for PS all star next week

test_account

XP-39C²
Then you're lucky because CoD8:MW3 continuously put me in across-the-pond/UK games no matter what gametype I chose.
That is a pity. I live in Europe and i think i pretty much always get connected with european players based on guess and sometimes hearing people talk (spanish, french, dutch, swedish etc.).

Call of duty is ugly comparaison are normal when IPhone game look better. aliasing, unstable framerate....
Crash or freeze?

f@luS

More than a member.
Really? 2 times already?

I've been reading spanish forums and none of the 6 or 7 people who got the game have mentioned any crash. Some of them did mention connection problems which seem to be caused by the ISP.

2 times after the same thing, leaving the perk menus....it blocks need to push psbutton and to close manually

on the game itself i played 2 map online...one in snow and a mansion. too small imho (my last COD game was MW2...)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Black ops is the only one that runs bad on ps3. All the rest are pretty good. And online is free. I have a 360 but I played them all in the ps3.

What i have

MGS HD, wipeout , Rayman, VT4, everybody golf , mortal kombat, and many psn game (Stardust , motorstorm...)

i have also unit 13 but didnt play much i paid 10e on PSN

Gonna change it for PS all star next week

I was just trying to see if you were trolling was all. Thanks for the response.

For the people speculating about the system screenshots feature being disabled, it has nothing to do with visual quality or some kind of crazy conspiracy to prevent images from this game getting out. It's a technical issue and nothing more.

Why aren't there any pics from the devs? Surely yall have dev units that can output to a capture source or something, right?

f@luS

More than a member.
I was just trying to see if you were trolling was all. Thanks for the response.

the only system i play on is vita...my ps3 is a bluray player mostly...i want to like it but this game is bad i think....

unllike all star beta which i loved like crazy...will switch next week

Skyzard

Banned
Not yet..tempted to bite on this even though it wouldn't be smart for many reasons on my side...but I can feel the fun not far away..

^ heheh - but yeah, maybe in a while...we don't have to wait till friday this time right?

Top Bottom