• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

Kerub

Banned
I wonder how this will sell?

Do you think it will flop in terms of sales? Or will it sell well, and maybe even be the best selling Vita game?

well maybe you is the one who is missing the point,looks like you really want this game to be a disaster

What? I took issue with 'for a portable' bollocks. It is bollocks. There is no 'for' about it, there are handheld games that look great and ones that don't. Simple as that, being a handheld shouldn't mean lower quality in any respect.

f@luS

More than a member.
I just bought it. 45e. But I can't play my ps3 anymore I hate to play on tv I just like handheld. I hope I will enjoy it. Some DM/Tdm here and there is all I ask

tusken77

exHmp.jpg

d1FKl.jpg

Not mine.

Plenty of people from Spain have the game already.

played the game today looks very nice for a portable game

Definitely looks nice in those screenshots.

MDSLKTR

Whats that even from and I think you are really really missing the point.

Just ugh all round

Please enlighten me. I bet you didn't even bother watching the vids and impressions posted in the 5 pages before but just came here to defend some joker poster and to quote some off screen pics. The game is nice, plays nice and is the definitive cod experience on the go. Simple as that.

What? I took issue with 'for a portable' bollocks. It is bollocks. There is no 'for' about it, there are handheld games that look great and ones that don't. Simple as that, being a handheld shouldn't mean lower quality in any respect.

Why can't you accept people out there think it looks fine?

I have a pc that can give amazing visuals but that doesn't stop me thinking this looks fine.

To me graphics hit a point a while back that are good enough to immerse you in there world. Better graphics are still better but that doesn't mean stuff like this automatically looks crap. No CoD games look that great but they do look good enough.

Decent frame rate and low lag is what this needs to be good for me. Those were resistances issues and it would appear they have been fixed.

I'm pretty sure your average gamer will be fine with these visuals. As long as the game resembles the CoD gameplay they know (and most people play nothing but TDM) then it can possible do pretty well.

If you don't like the way it looks then fine but there is nothing wrong with other people thinking it looks nice. Notice no one said amazing... Just nice.

test_account

XP-39C²
Are you not seeing the same images as me?

Game barely has any content as it is, funky textures should be unacceptable.
Looks good to me. But as usual, games usually looks better in motion.

Deary dear. And I thought the E3 console videos were fugly :/
Not going to blame Nihilistic mind you - not that it matters now.
Besides the car that sticks a bit out, i think these screenshots looks much better than what we saw in the first trailer.

The game is nice, plays nice and is the definitive cod experience on the go. Simple as that.

t5qHwP.gif

Besides the car that sticks a bit out, i think these screenshots looks much better than what we saw in the first trailer.

Certainly. You can tell Europe rushed that out - am still not 100% sure if that was a mistake or not but they are trying.
But on the car looking bad, its the only thing of any real consequence in those shots. So am not sure that can be 100% side stepped.

The game just generally sounds horrible to me; the visuals just are a cheap highlight of its issues.

Why can't you accept people out there think it looks fine?

Again. This. Is. Not. The. Point.

"for a portable game" is a horrible critique. Thats my point.

VanWinkle

i took a picture of Resistance Burning Skies to try to mimic how that picture was took. Here's a comparison.

iiFtT6Wv9e4jn.jpg

exHmp.jpg

My camera could be better than the one that took the CoD picture, though, which could make Resistance look a little sharper.

Ricker

The quoted screenshot look a lot better hehe...I am disappointed that single player is like 2 hours long? as that been confirmed...? believe it or not I am more into the COD games for the single player,so I usually just rent them but no stores rent Vita games around here.I would of picked this up if the SP was at least like the console SP in length but I wont pay 49 bucks if its 2 hours long...

Iacobellis

PSY・S;44266498 said:
CoD doesn't allow screenshots? Maybe. To be fair though, the Vita screenshot feature adds some nasty compression. Games usually don't look as bad as the screenshots suggest.

That's true, but even after the fact Unit 13 still looks sharper and more detailed.

The quoted screenshot look a lot better hehe...I am disappointed that single player is like 2 hours long? as that been confirmed...? believe it or not I am more into the COD games for the single player,so I usually just rent them but no stores rent Vita games around here.I would of picked this up if the SP was at least like the console SP in length but I wont pay 49 bucks if its 2 hours long...

With SP being so short I can see why Activision decided to hold review copies back till after release date.

test_account

XP-39C²
Certainly. You can tell Europe rushed that out - am still not 100% sure if that was a mistake or not but they are trying.
But on the car looking bad, its the only thing of any real consequence in those shots. So am not sure that can be 100% side stepped.

The game just generally sounds horrible to me; the visuals just are a cheap highlight of its issues.
Oops, i didnt see at first that you ment the E3 Black Ops 2 videos, sorry. Declassified wasnt shown before at Gamescom.

How do you mean with "the only thing of any real consequence in those shots"?

Ran rp

That's true, but even after the fact Unit 13 still looks sharper and more detailed.

Also true, but the blurriness of the CoD shots may just be the camera. VanWinkle's Resistance shot is much sharper and CoD's supposed to be more polished than that.

How do you mean with "the only thing of any real consequence in those shots"?

Just my lazy wording :)
Its the only thing in focus really, and instantly noticeable. It might 'just' be the car but based on those shots its kind of hard to miss it out. Plus nothing else looks very sharp, all a bit bland.

test_account

XP-39C²
Just my lazy wording :)
Its the only thing in focus really, and instantly noticeable. It might 'just' be the car but based on those shots its kind of hard to miss it out. Plus nothing else looks very sharp, all a bit bland.
Ah, like that, i understand what you mean. English isnt my first language, so i wasnt sure what "real consequence" ment :)

Yeah, the look of the car is very noticeable in that screenshot, but overall i think the game will look fine :) In the 1st screenshot, i noticed the good details (relatively speaking) on the weapon and the factory in the background.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Welcome to vita reviews.

Also what a turnaround, last time I came to a Declassified thread things looked really grim, now... it's not that bad!
It is just gaf over reaction. If it is not the best, it is automatically the worst. Best to just ignore it.

Kazerei

Banned
Well, I'm going to the midnight launch in about 6.25 hours. Then I'll play for awhile and post some impressions. Should be an interesting night :)

PSY・S;44266677 said:
Also true, but the blurriness of the CoD shots may just be the camera. VanWinkle's Resistance shot is much sharper and CoD's supposed to be more polished than that.

which is why people calling a funky off screen camera shot 'good looking' is complete nonsense. The game could actually look like a ps2 game for all we know, or it could look like the best console game out there, no one can realistically tell.

Iacobellis

I'll keep my promise and take screenshots, but video might be an issue. I want to whip out the DSLR for everyone, but it doesn't seem like I could get a good angle without a tripod.

VanWinkle

I think the picture I took of Resistance is a very good representation of how the game looks and that was with a DSLR. Just try to get some good shots of it and it should give a better look at the graphics than a video would.

I was holding out hope for this as a savior for the vita.. I'm officially done with it and moving to the 3DS which actually has games... Anyone looking for a mint adult owned vita with 16gb card, case and stand make me a reasonable good offer and it's yours!

I'll pay for shipping and handling and a game of your choice.

Top Bottom