• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

It's baffling why people even buy any other version of CoD outside of the 360 one.

LMAO

PC = $10 cheaper (or at least was until BLOPS), has a much higher resolution, better framerate, V-Synch, Superior controls, and oh yeah ONLINE MULTIPLAYER IS FREE!

So I think the real question is, why would ANYONE play it on 360 when ALL other versions of the game are free to play online?

Keep on trolling bro. You're doing a great job so far.

Maybe Activision wanted people to go to the midnight launch events to get it at midnight

Sounds about right. Massively restrict the developer who's making the game you can't be arsed to make your self then impose your rule on its release.

Gotta love some of these big companies. I know it's just business but gah to that lol.

eh, budget isn't really a strong case atm where you can get a used 360 on ebay for well under $200.

I forgot about Live cost though.

am I remembering this correctly, but aren't ps3 versions of CoD have bad online problems and framerate issues, or was that some other shooter?
Ps3 has free online...why would I waste that?

Vee_One

Does the single player in this have any kind of story? I realise the missions are set between BLOPS 1/2 but need to know if it's worth playing or if you are missing out on anything if you play 2 before this etc

Seriously tempted to pick this up with 2 at lunch time today, I'm sure it wont be the best but it can't be awful, can it?

pwack

Activision have always had a weird relationship with the non-HD versions of their games. Remember all that weirdness about the Wii version of COD4, it was similar to what we are seeing now. Could it be MS somehow 'incentivizing' them not to promote anything other than the 360 version, or is that tinfoil hat territory?
Or is it that they don't want to cannibalise the sales of the other versions, and these off-shoots are just to pick up the stragglers who don't buy the main games?

It seems to me pretty clearly that Activision and MS have a deal to promote the 360 version over other platforms.

Iacobellis

Well, I will be online tomorrow afternoon EST if anyone wants to party up. I'm going to jump right into online and save Operations for school.

MisterC20XX

LatestVItaGames has footage. Menus and gameplay and everything, and he always has good quality footage of games. Menus look way better than the atrocious Resistance ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUWIMhx2AdU&feature=g-all-u

Edit: wow, I know he's bad at games, but this is a whole other level of terrible from him haha.

Thanks for the link, Van. I subbed to his channel, really great video footage. Lol, skill-wise he's my kind of player!

Damn, I wish Sony was doing a digital midnight release for North America!

Even though this game is a bit light on content (dont have it yet), ill paraphrase Reggie over at NOA:

"My body is ready."

The only hope I have, assuming the game is fun, is that Nihilistic/Nstigate have the opportunity to create dlc modes or maps, if the game sells well enough. It can become less barebones, with added modes, maps or OPs missions. I hope for the best.

Iacobellis

Even though this game is a bit light on content (dont have it yet), ill paraphrase Reggie over at NOA:

"My body is ready."

The only hope I have, assuming the game is fun, is that Nihilistic/Nstigate have the opportunity to create dlc modes or maps, if the game sells well enough. It can become less barebones, with added modes, maps or OPs missions. I hope for the best.

We all hope for this. Double the map count, add some Search and Destroy and Domination, boom you're done.

whitehawk

Banned
LatestVItaGames has footage. Menus and gameplay and everything, and he always has good quality footage of games. Menus look way better than the atrocious Resistance ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUWIMhx2AdU&feature=g-all-u

Edit: wow, I know he's bad at games, but this is a whole other level of terrible from him haha.
I find it fascinating that someone who goes out of their way to make a Vita youtube channel, and buys the game at midnight to do an unboxing, can be such a terrible gamer.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
God damnit. Shit should be mandatory. What the fuck.
As mentioned in this thread, they removed it becauseof technical reasons. Someone mentioned that the screen capture may sometimes cause bugs in the game. IIRC, in the f1 game, you lose control of the vehicle after you take a screenshot.

No recoil plus ice skating plus tiny maps? Even I had some hope for this game, but that stuff is janky for a game released in 2012... Obviously it doesn't help that the guy is a garbage player, but only so much can be blamed on him...

anddo0

So is the SP really only 2 hours?

I could deal with four or five. But at $49.99 this had better be the best handheld MP game ever.

Vee_One

I almost picked this up at lunch
The screenshots on the box looked terrible :/
Might look better in motion, gonna wait for more impressions.

Top Bottom